Your experience with an off-site ETPE hotel

Gentry2004

DIS Veteran
We are looking at the off-site Early Theme Park Entry hotels for our December 2022. (Right now I am holding a reservation at Holiday Inn Orlando but looking at options. I just can't bring myself to pay $350/night for Pop.)

1. Has anyone stayed at any of the eligible hotels and can offer their experiences?

2. Did anyone take the WDW bus between the theme parks and Disney Springs? Is this an option in the early morning (DS to one of the main 4 theme parks) or just in the afternoon/evening? We are planning to Uber/Lyft most of the time but were just wondering.

Any other comments or experiences also appreciated. Thank you.

We are looking at the off-site Early Theme Park Entry hotels for our December 2022. (Right now I am holding a reservation at Holiday Inn Orlando but looking at options. I just can't bring myself to pay $350/night for Pop.)

1. Has anyone stayed at any of the eligible hotels and can offer their experiences?

2. Did anyone take the WDW bus between the theme parks and Disney Springs? Is this an option in the early morning (DS to one of the main 4 theme parks) or just in the afternoon/evening? We are planning to Uber/Lyft most of the time but were just wondering.

Pop is $350/night???? 😳😳😳 Ridiculous!!!! You definitely have to be a Disney lover to be willing to consider that with so many other options in the area...Wow!!! For a motel style room? Wow...just WOW !!! What are the prices in the new Flamingo Crossing area???

Pop is $350/night???? 😳😳😳 Ridiculous!!!! You definitely have to be a Disney lover to be willing to consider that with so many other options in the area...Wow!!! For a motel style room? Wow...just WOW !!! What are the prices in the new Flamingo Crossing area???

its nuts. The All stars are $266/night before tax and Port Orleans is $424. And this is the week before Christmas, not during. We would arrive the 16th. It’s crazy.

Just make sure which "Holiday Inn Orlando" you booked. They are not very good about differentiating all the Holiday Inn Orlando's and it's not unusual for folks to report they booked themselves at the wrong one.

No option for DS bus to parks, stopped a long time ago due to guests parking at DS to avoid parking fees. And even the option of a bus to say Contemporary, they start running after the parks are open because DS isn't open yet. AND not so sure the Disney Springs Bus System is going to do the trick for Early Entry. Heard others either drove or took Uber/Lyft in morning.

its nuts. The All stars are $266/night before tax and Port Orleans is $424. And this is the week before Christmas, not during. We would arrive the 16th. It’s crazy.

YIKES!

My first stay on property was Port Orleans and think it was $99 a night.

First AllStars $59 and first POP maybe $72-ish.

Not maybe 6 years ago I was shocked to pay $150 a night at POP for NEW YEAR'S EVE!

And you get so much less now than you did back then. I can't process it.

Last edited:
Just make sure which "Holiday Inn Orlando" you booked. They are not very good about differentiating all the Holiday Inn Orlando's and it's not unusual for folks to report they booked themselves at the wrong one.

No option for bus to parks, stopped a long time ago due to guests parking at DS to avoid parking fees. And even the option of a bus to say Contemporary, they start running after the parks are open because DS isn't open yet. AND not so sure the Disney Springs Bus System is going to do the trick for Early Entry. Heard others either drove or took Uber/Lyft in morning.

YIKES!

My first stay on property was Port Orleans and think it was $99 a night.

First AllStars $59 and first POP maybe $72-ish.

Not maybe 6 years ago I was shocked to pay $150 a night at POP for NEW YEAR'S EVE!

And you get so much less now than you did back then. I can't process it.

Thank you! We will just stick with Uber/Lyft for transportation. Still way less than car rental/parking and easier too! I hope I am booked at the right Holiday Inn Orlando! Its the one that says Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area at 1805 Hotel Plaza Boulevard. Its the one right across from DS and near many of the other hotels that offer ETPE. Is that the right one?

Thank you! We will just stick with Uber/Lyft for transportation. Still way less than car rental/parking and easier too! I hope I am booked at the right Holiday Inn Orlando! Its the one that says Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area at 1805 Hotel Plaza Boulevard. Its the one right across from DS and near many of the other hotels that offer ETPE. Is that the right one?

Right address and key it says Disney Springs in name. I think maybe they have gotten better. They used to advertise the Holiday Inn Orlando "by" Disney Springs and it is actually south on 535.

You should be fine. Enjoy!

Wow!!! The good news is, it sounds like you have found a place you are comfortable with. Have an AWESOME time!!! :goodvibes

Wow!!! The good news is, it sounds like you have found a place you are comfortable with. Have an AWESOME time!!! :goodvibes

Thanks. I'm still bitter I had to cancel my $300/night AKL room in the summer of 2020. :sad: But we got Holiday Inn Orlando for this coming December for about $200/night including taxes so I guess I can live with that. Still these are crazy times.

Thanks. I'm still bitter I had to cancel my $300/night AKL room in the summer of 2020. :sad: But we got Holiday Inn Orlando for this coming December for about $200/night including taxes so I guess I can live with that. Still these are crazy times.

Have you priced the Drury Plaza Hotel Disney Springs? It opens in October. It includes a breakfast buffet and evening reception. It might be worth just looking.

Have you priced the Drury Plaza Hotel Disney Springs? It opens in October. It includes a breakfast buffet and evening reception. It might be worth just looking.
I am looking forward to trying the new Drury Plaza next year. I plan to try it out for an overnight stay if I arrive in Orlando a day early. I plan to go this August and they won't be open yet. So hopefully I can try it next year.

I am looking forward to trying the new Drury Plaza next year. I plan to try it out for an overnight stay if I arrive in Orlando a day early. I plan to go this August and they won't be open yet. So hopefully I can try it next year.

The fact they are still offering all their extra amenities there should keep them quite full. I wonder if the others will up some offerings.

I stayed at the Disney springs doubletree about a month ago. Price was about $250/night all fees included. We didn’t have a car so did not have to pay for parking. The rooms were a bit rundown, the ac was too loud (interfered with sleep) and the tv was a relic. But for a short trip it wasn’t terrible. It’s clean and the rooms are huge.

It’s the furthest “Disney springs” hotel from Disney springs but the one mile walk is pleasant and easy.

We did early entry to Epcot one day. The Uber to the park was $35 (kinda pricey) but the ride back (just before closing time) was only $10. Just be aware if using ride share pricing can vary wildly.

Doubletree offers a shuttle to the parks I believe through a 3rd party but we didn’t use it and I don’t know how it works.

Is Drury going to have ETPE?

"In addition to early theme park entry* and complimentary shuttle service to all Walt Disney World® Theme Parks and the Disney Springs® Area, the Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando - Disney Springs® Area features incomparable amenities like free hot breakfast, free dinnertime snacks and cold beverages at the 5:30 Kickback®, free Wi-Fi throughout, an on-site arcade, a resort-style pool with splashpad, comfortable outdoor seating with breathtaking views of Black Lake, and so much more, every single day!"

*A Park reservation and valid ticket or pass for the same Park on the same date and valid Resort ID are required.

https://www.druryplazahotelorlando.com/

We stayed Hilton Buena Vista Palace....super easy shuttle service, it was big cruise line (disney) bus they used,great schedule etc. (started pretty early ) My DSis stayed at Wyndham Garden, she used their shuttle to get to parks, it worked fine, but not as easy to use,smaller bus,you had to reserve your spot you wanted to go by calling the hotel desk. the Disney springs hotels all have shuttles I believe. This is to parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter