Your Disney Honeymoon....

Just wanted to say congratulations to all who are having their weddings soon and to those that already had them!!! :bride: :groom: Best Wishes!! Do not forget about a trip report when you get home...

We are getting married in October, then we are doing one week honeymoon in Aruba, followed by one week at Saratoga Springs in Walt Disney World.

I haven't made any reservations for romantic dinners or anything yet, but we are planning to do dinner at Victoria and Alberts, and we are also thinking about a trip on the Grand One Yacht to watch Wishes.

We are also planning a spa treatment. The spas at the Grand Floridian and at Saratoga Springs are both fantastic - and you can even get a special couples massage - v romantic.

We Disneymooned last August. It was hot but extreemly fun. It was the second time we had been, and our last trip was very commando, so this one was more about food and enjoying ourselves.

We stayed at the contemporary 14th floor. My DH had called ahead and asked that the hats be in our room. so we had the ears, there was also some balloons with a "magical Moment" cert in a very pretty disney frame (which now holds a picture of my whole family at the wedding). We walked over to MK (which was sooo nice to be able to do) and we bummed around main street. one of the cast members told us the get the pins, which we did, and then we went to eat at pecos bills. where they made the entire dining are say "yee-haw" to us. When we went back to the hotel before dinner (which was at California Grill during the fireworks) there were a dozen red roses from my DH. so sweet. I had booked that special safari that all concierge guests can book so that was the other super special thing we had planned. The best part of wearing the ears is everyone is telling you congrats and best wishes and the lot. We did get free dessert at many of the places we dined, which was also nice. My favorite part of our honeymoon was just strolling though the parks without "major plans". I usually don't take the time to stop and smell the roses (which i literally did in epcot).

My best advice is try to each plan something special for the both of you... the flowers were such a sweet surprise, and i know my DH really enjoyed the safari.

We didn't wear the ears. I do have ears that I wore for the rehearsal and out at Pleasure Island the night before the wedding. We didn't get any freebies...didn't know about the pin, probably would have done that. We took advantage of great meals, and being at Disney together...and with some friends too. We just got back from a regular trip, and it was wonderful too.

we honeymooned in november for 2 weeks. we had the pins and i had the bride headband but the hat didnt fit gary so he went with stitch ears for the whole 2 weeks! we must have looked a bit strange!
we ate at chef mickeys after the wedding, and got a signed placemat that ive got framed. on the morning of the wedding the POR delivered us a present of a signed photo of mickey and minnie, a signed hidden mickey shaped plate and a photo album. thought it was very sweet of them. the CM checking us in went through all the available rooms to try and find us the one with the nicest view. the day after the wedding, the mousekeeper left us a towel shaped like a heart aorund my flowers. the staff the the POR really spoiled us, we gave them the top teir of our cake as a thank you.
at crystal palace we got a table decorated with loads of mickey confetti. at the scifi diner we got a free desert. at chef mickeys we got a decorated cupcake with candles. the characters were making a big fuss of us too. at seaworld we got a free desert.
we got "married" by goofy in toontown, and lilo tried to run off with gary. and they made gary wear my ears for a photo.
we had a great time, but most of the photopass photos didnt show up on my card (make sure you check them each day before you leave the park!!), and i lost my camera in vegas. so unfortunately havent got any photos of our honeymoon, but want to go back for 2nd anniversary so will do it all again!!

dsnyfan6/18 said:
Where do you get the pins that you guys speak of?

you can get them from guest services at any of the parks

We are getting married on May 12 and then we are off to Disney for a week long honeymoon. We are regulars at disney, make the trip once or twice a year. Can you get the pins at the resorts too? We are staying at the Contemporary for the first half of the trip and then as a surprise to my fiancee we will be moving over to the Wilderness Lodge for the second half. He loves the Wilderness Lodge and has always wanted to stay there. I am trying to keep it a secret! We are planning our dining reservations now and some extras that we have never tried before like carriage rides through fort wilderness, keys to the kingdom tour and horse back riding. Some of our bridal party is flying in at the end of the week to celebrate with us for a couple days! I can't wait, less than 5 months away!

We Disneymooned last month! We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which in my opinion is the very best place to stay! ;) We stayed on the concierge level and took advantage of just about all the perks available to us there. We did the Sunrise safari on Thanksgiving day, and the Keys to the Kingdom tour the day after. We had a great time, with the exception of my new husband feeling a little sick on one or two days...we had to go visit a doctor, and had to wait three hours to be seen by the doctor. But, other than that we had a great time, and we because they had listed us as being on our honeymoon on the computer system, just about every place that we bought something, or had ADRs were congratulating us on our recent marriage, and had a little something special for us...like free dessert! We chose not to wear the pins....simply because when we got them we both looked at them and said..."wow...they're kinda big." So, instead we bought wedding themed trading pins and got just as much attention with those. And we did not wear the ears....which I regret. :guilty:

I was told by a reservations cast member that starting soon they will be offering a registry for couples planning to honeymoon in Disney. You will be able to register for specific activities, dinners and whatever else you can think of and your wedding guests are able to access the registry and pay for things as a gift! Has anyone else heard about this?

I've never heard of that, but it sounds nice. However, I don't think I would register for my honeymoon. It feels a little like registering for cash.

I so wish we could have our wedding at Disney, but it's just not possible for us. But we are planning on our honeymoon being at Disney. I'm so excited! My fiance proposed this past September while we were at Epcot and I bought the Bride ears right away. He didn't get the groom ears, and regretted it when we got home. He doesn't know it but a good friend of mine in Orlando bought some for me and they are now wrapped up and under the Christmas tree :) Anyway, our wedding is in the beginning of October, and we already have our yearly trip to FL planned for the end of October, that's with his whole family. So we are calling that our first honeymoon. Then we are going to delay our real honeymoon and go back, just the 2 of us, in December because he knows I really want to see Disney done up for Christmas. I'm so excited!

We have pretty similar stories! We can not afford the Disney wedding so instead we are doing the traditional wedding at home and then having our honeymoon in Disney. We got at least once and sometimes twice a year. My fiancee proposed to me last March in front of the castle. We had other family members there with us who were in on the surprise and were able to catch some memorable pictures. We just got back from a short December trip, first time seeing the christmas decorations and let me just tell you, its AMAZING! I was just in awe. We are huge disney fans and to be able to go there and feel the holiday spirit was great. We also had to purchase some wedding supplies so that was our excuse! We will be honemooning in May after the wedding for a week and possibly have a few couples from our bridal party coming down towards the end of our week to hang out all together and celebrate as a group for a couple days. We can't wait. I am having more fun planning our Disneymoon than the actual wedding! I guess because of the lack of stress with Disney! We are planning on wearing the mickey and minnie wedding ears for our rehearsal dinner and at the reception for pictures! Our wedding has a bit of a Disney theme!

My husband and I honeymooned there 3 years ago! We got married in Colorado on Dec. 13th, and left for DisneyWorld the following morning. I knew we wanted to do a split stay since we were staying for 2 weeks!

We chose the Caribbean Beach for the first week, and then transfered over to the Wilderness Lodge. I didn't like the Caribbean Beach due to the cold weather. We're thinking of giving the CB another shot during Spring or Summer. But we did fall in love with the WL! The Christmas decor at WL was breathtaking! And this resort also reminded us of home, (Colorado).
Plus, we did receive a complementary room upgrade, (at WL), which shocked me because we weren't wearing our honeymoon hats at check-in. Later on that night I remembered back one year earlier when making the reservation over the phone. The CM must of made a note when I mentioned that we'd be there on our honeymoon. How sweet!!

We did wear the bridal and groom hats for most of our honeymoon. That is the secret to getting perks. Another secret is to go out during Value season. The first week of our honeymoon was value season, and that's the time we received the most stuff. The second week was Christmas week and the "World" was very busy, and we didn't get anything.

Anyway, I don't remember everything we got, but here's some: free dessert at Coral Reef, CMs gave us fast passes (in addition to the couple you get with your park pass), and several secret phone calls from someone wishing us a happy honeymoon.

diznee25

We are only staying for a week but we will also be doing a split stay. My fiancee doesn't know it yet though! Its a surprise. We will be doing the Contemporary and then WL. I can not tell you how many times he has mentioned over the years that he would like to stay there some day so I am being sneaky! Right now he thinks we are spending the entire trip at the Contemporary. We will be down during Regular Season in May. It isn't an extremely busy time. We have stayed at the Caribbean Beach a few times, most recently a couple weeks ago. We like it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter