Your Car Name…

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you name your car?

My newest car is Veruca 4
The original Veruca was named Veruca due to the bratty navigation system that always took me the most inconvenient routes (this was over 10 years ago). The name stuck and we’ve been naming my cars this ever since.

0AACFB15-95F2-4482-9392-8B7D59383699.jpeg

I do not, but my daughter's car is "Jim". I believe that is from John Kruzinski's character on The Office. Not sure what the significance of that is, exactly. She's a much bigger Harry Styles fan.

I name all of our cars. My kids think I am nuts. My old mom car was Betty Boop. I traded in 8 seater Betty "mom car" for an anti mom white sports car with black and red leather interior and some fire under the hood. Her name is Lucy for Lucille Ball. :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

One of ours is Silver, because it's silver but also as in the Lone Ranger's horse.

The other is GF because it's as elegant as...well...the GF. ;)

Never named any of our cars. My 16-year old apparently named his car - the other day he said something about "Sheila being dirty". I did a double take and asked who Sheila was - he said that's what he named his car. :rolleyes1

Usually it's some form of the license plate number. For example, DW used to have a license plate that was 074-RFS. It was known in our family as "74 Rufus" or just "Rufus."

My wife's Camry is "Brownie Batter" because it is brown.
My Flex is "Moose" because it was built in Canada and according to the World Wildlife Federation, the Moose is "iconic" in Canada.
My 1965 Mustang is "Bubbles the Beast" because it is Champagne Beige, and without power steering or power brakes and a big engine is a beast to drive.

Every car we have ever owned had a name.
Monty the Mountaineer
Beau the Taurus (my daughter name it)
Furball the Sable (my son named it.
The War Wagon for the Suburban ( my FIL named it)
Lennie the Lynx
Little Horse the Pinto
Ricky the Maverick.

My current Toyota Sienna is named Anastasia Blue - Anastasia for Anastasia Island in Florida & blue for its beautiful blue color.

Prior to my Sienna, I drove a champagne-colored Dodge Grand Caravan, & her name was Chantilly - for the song “Chantilly Lace.” (When we traded the Dodge in for the Sienna, I even left a little note in the glove compartment that said, “Her name is Chantilly.”)

I never named the white mini-van I drove because I never liked it.

Before I started driving mini-vans, I had a dark green Saturn, & I named her June Bug.

We usually name our cars. We have a 2016 white Subaru Outback named "Stormy" because it looks like a stormtrooper. We also have a 2018 Honda Clarity named "Clarabelle" which we sometimes shorten to "Bella".

My son named all our cars. I had Pedro (Honda PIlot). It was totaled in an accident. Next car was a VW, so it is Otto. Full name is Otto Von Pedro to honor the first car.

We have an RV that my wife has named Tess. I have no idea where that came from.
My daughter named her 2003 Chev Silverado PeeWee.
I have a 2011 Tahoe that isn't named but I always called it our Florida car.
My wife has an 2005 Camry which never got a name either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter