Your biggest Disney disappointment / anti-climax?

Richard Bruvofetc said:
Well, we've all put in our favourite rides, hotels etc., but what has been your biggest disappointment or anti-climax when visiting WDW Orlando?

Please remember, this is a "DISNEY" disappointment / anti-climax thread, not a personal "I don't like what you wear, therefore you shouldn't be wearing it, and only wear what I like!" thread.

Sorry about the rant, but usurping of threads and changing its direction was not what I envisaged when I started this thread.

Miffy2003 said:
Guys ... pretty please can we not turn this thread into a what we all wear abroad?

Sorry :blush:

Forgot to mention I found Illuminations a disappointment

basas said:
Remember to all you folks complaining about our Mansion, Pirates, Space, etc.etc.....many of our attractions (and MK) opened in 1971 (or Pirates-73, Space-75, Thunder-81, etc), whereas DLP didn't open until the early 90's. So, naturally, our attractions might seem ‘dated’ to you…they’re old! Personally, I actually like the ‘classic Disney’ feel it gives, but other folks might not.

I completely agree- the attractions which do seem more 'polished' at DLP are the result of at least a decade of technological improvements. That said, while it is nice to have a bit of Disney on my doorstep, it never feels like the real thing.. I love both the vintage aspect to some features of WDW, and the idea that people have been enjoying Pirates for over twenty years. Admittedly, some experiences elsewhere feel slicker, but when I want crazy thrills I head out of the World.

Having said that, it does take all kinds; imagine the queues if we all loved the same attractions!!

cocinelle xx :hippie:

cocinelle said:
I completely agree- the attractions which do seem more 'polished' at DLP are the result of at least a decade of technological improvements. That said, while it is nice to have a bit of Disney on my doorstep, it never feels like the real thing.. I love both the vintage aspect to some features of WDW, and the idea that people have been enjoying Pirates for over twenty years. Admittedly, some experiences elsewhere feel slicker, but when I want crazy thrills I head out of the World.

Having said that, it does take all kinds; imagine the queues if we all loved the same attractions!!

cocinelle xx :hippie:

Yes, true, but in line with the title of this thread, I love the Pirates of the Caribbean. However, having been on the one in DLP when I rode the one in WDW it was a big anti-climax, but I love it all the same.

I have to agree with those who said pirate ride sucked compared to Paris. We kept waiting for the drops etc but it never happened. :sail:

I loved the stitch ride...though I guess this is because I am stitch mad and would have loved it regardless. :stitch:

Though I am shocked for those who thought Fantasmic was a dissapointment. I loved it! It was my fav night, in fact I loved it that much we saw it again another night and I cant wait to see it again. :wizard:

I think with any disney holiday everyone will have something that doesnt meet with their high expectations. I think this could be because we spend all year (or if your like me every 2 years) dreaming and obsessing about the holiday it can become almost an unrealistic dream (though disney is so magical it is the dream!)

Well I must go back to work now...see what I mean about obseeing about disney I cant resist peeking at DISboards every 5 mins...

Mt two biggest disappointments were Stich's Great Escape and....Polynesian. The Polynesian resort was built up and therefore we all expected sooo much. It was ok...no complaints here BUT not as outrageously nice as we had heard.

I was really looking forward to staying at Coronado Springs on our last trip but have to say that I was disappointed :sad2:

Nothing to do with the quality of accommodation but the whole Orlando experience is what 'works' for me I guess, not just WDW :thumbsup2

I was realy dissappointed with Stitch, I never got to do Alien Encounter but Stitch was just boring! Sounds Dangerous is good if you need a nap and Journey into Imagination never seemed to get going for me. I also found Light, Motors, Action really dull, it started off good but just went on waaaay too long with all the big gaps between the action sequences. I know they have to move the set around but it just seemed to last forever! The "Little Red" storyline on Kilimanjaro Safari's annoys me too, I'd much rather it be just a safari - aren't the animals interesting enough by themselves or do we now have such short attention spans that everything need to have "exciting" plot lines?? We ate at Beaches and Cream last year and I won't be going back for my lunch again, will stick to the ice creams, it was awful!

However I will say that I love Primeval Whirl, as does all my lot and I'm also a huge fan of the TTA!

Also disappointed with the food court at the Movies resort - very "Golden Egg" and overpriced.

Must admit I just didn't get the Stitch 'ride' (can you call this a ride ?). But it did get me sweating !!!.........When the head/shoulder restraint came over our heads I was terrified that something terribly fast, furious and therefore totally inappropriate for our 4 year old daughter was about to occur, and was looking frantically round for a CM to be let out before it began.

Well boy was I glad to get out !

But what was it all about ???????

Just a load of nonsense.

My other big disappointment was the food hall at the Port Orleans and general standard and pricing of Disney fast food catering everywhere - just no excuse for it these days ....even McDonalds is better quality (and far cheaper of course).

I was really kindof disappointed in BTMR. I know lot's of people love it, but I just expected more out of a roller coaster.

my parents biggest anti climax was being told by a cast member at star tours that the british were not needed and should go home!! my dad was v mad while mum was v upset, i wasnt there but they phoned me within an hour to tell me, to which i told them to report the cm which they did, he was made to apologise dont know what else happened apart from they got free park tickets and a meal at cp

Our biggest anti climax from our recent trip was the Kali river rapids.When we got to the end we all said "is that it".Would not wait in a long queue to ride it again.

I loved the rapids, my hubby could have stayed on them all day! In fact he went on by himself once!

As for the 'brits not needed...' comment, that is upsetting but at the end of the day you get silly idiots everywhere!!!

We were at Epcot one day during the Food and Drink thing. We got on Maelstrom and a rather well lubricated party were sat infront of and behind us. The proceeded to spend the entire ride trying to splash each other. DW got soaked and then gave them a real mouthful. At the end of the ride the were exceedingly quick to get off, before we could talk to the CM about them.

:( Chris

Red-Snapper said:
Typical Brits that this has run to 8 pages so far....

:rotfl2: I was just thinking the same thing. We are absolutely the best at moaning ;)

Of course I'm going to add my 2 pence worth :teeth:

I was a bit disappointed by AKL - dirty room, endless walk to the lobby (480 steps - I counted!), having to finish our meal in Jiko at light speed because they appear to have about 7 or 8 seatings a night. Having said all that the hotel is spectacular and the animals are wonderful. I just won't be paying the extra money again.

Edie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter