• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your BEST WDW theme park secret! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those of you who can't e-mail through the board link......

Just send a regular e-mail to the address she posted just like you would send an e-mail to your friend or family....

I did a few days ago and still no response...?

If anyone has a copy they can send me, PM me and I'd be SO grateful! :cutie:

I just emailed her but am leaving sunday. If anyone else has the info, just in case she is busy, can they let me know? Thanks!

found this on another thread...

When you're on the "belt" after the ride there is one boot print and one "peg leg" dot in yellow paint on it. I guess it's supposed to depict Davy Jones leaving the ride as well?

Aghhh,
I would love to have this emailed to me. I tried to send a PM & an email but my post count is too low. Can someone Please email it to me. Thank you sooo much. I had a copy last yr & it was great, but my computer crashed :(

lawschoen@yahoo.com

Hello everyone,

Please e-mail me at dcanoli@comcast.net.

I get so many requests for the Word document of our thread, that requests left on this board tend to clog it up.

I believe I have gotten everyone a copy that requested one the past few days. (My family was on vacation for a few days.)

Thanks! Deb

Another "secret:"

If you have a special needs child with a disorder that falls under the autistic spectrum or is hypersensitive, you can get a note from their doctor and take it to guest services. They will give you a special assistance card. When you get to an attraction, show it to the CM working there. It doesn't mean that you don't have to wait in line, but they will try to take you into a quieter area for your wait. You can get a sample note from www.allearsnet.com.

Many of you may enjoy catching the Streetmosphere entertainers at Disney's Hollywood Studios, this has proved so popular that in recent years the Magic Kingdoms Main Street has begun to develop "Main Streetmosphere" of its own, building on some of the exisiting entertainment strength the Magic Kingdom has, this seems to be growing in a slightly different direction than at the studios, some of the sets seem to looser with more of a meet and greet quality to them, and other sets, the ones that are more planned out, tend to incorporate music. You may have seen Mayor Weaver, or Fire Chief Miller, standing on the sidewalk in front of the movie theatre with the Toontown Tuners sometimes even involving the Dapper Dans as folks stream into the park in the mornings, but I recently saw a set a bit later in the morning that involved almost all of the citizens of Main Street that were out that day, Fire Chief "smokey" Miller, Mayor Christopher Weaver, The Ladies Main Street Auxilliary, the Toontown Tuners, lots of audience participants AND they use the fire engine during this set. For the first two songs the Toontown Tuners were playing solo over on the hospitality House side of Town Square. At he end of their second song the Fire Engine pulls up with Mayor and Chief Miller, the Tuners board the Engine and they all ride over to City Hall (as the tuners are playing Hot Time in the old Town Tonight). Upon arrival Chief Miller introduces the whole group which now includes the suffragettes as "the Citizens of Main Street", as the full cast launches into "Down on old Main Street". After the song when \ Mayor Weaver tries to announce for re election the "Main Street Womens Auxiliary" steps up, after their rendition of Sister Suffragette, the Mayor is fine with them getting the vote as long as they vote for him, but when he once again launches into "campaign mode" questions arise about accusations against the mayor of corruption, which he handles humorously with the song "little tin box". When the song ends, he returns to making more typical (but still humorous) campaign promises. Then stumbles on the word Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, so the whole cast helps him with it (in song of course). Following that they close with a short and fitting reprise of "Down on old Main street". The singing citizens then talk with the guests a bit while the tuners march off. if you're interested in seeeing this check with some of these same performers next time you're on Main Street and ask if they are doing the Fire Engine set with the Tuners that day, if you'd like to hear it BEFORE the next time you go you can listen to it in on my web site if you'd like (it's in an mp3) http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/sn28.htm

We loved the living bush at AK which was a girl dress in leaves and you could not tell it when she started moving....it was great

I have read about/ seen the part of the Winnie the Pooh ride, where Mr. Toad hands off the deed to the ride to Pooh

OMG can someone tell me WHERE on the ride this scene is?? We went on the Pooh ride like 5 times during our last trip a few months ago and we searched for that scene every time without luck of finding it-:confused3

Let's get our little thread bumped up again:

In the MK parking lot, only 6 of the 7 dwarfs have a lot named after them.

Sleepy, Dopey, Happy, Grumpy, Bashful, and Sneezy. Why?

There isn't a "DOC" because the designers were afraid people would mix-up the BOAT DOCK AND THE PARKING LOT DOC!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Riverboat--Ask to ride in the pilot house and receive official Riverboat Pilots certificate.

I don't know if this has been postd before, but in Frontierland have you ever noticed that on the side of some paths there is yellow gravel? This is because in the "Frontier" times they would have urine troughs on the side of the main rodes for horses to urinate on, turning the gravel yellow.

Also, in Liberty Square the building's shutters aren't straight, they droop. This is because during the Revolution they took off all the lead hinges and made them into bullets for the war, so they secured the shutters with leather straps, which eventually stretch causing the shutters to droop.

In Mainstreet the buildings gradually get shorter, this has two affects. When entering the park, Main Street seems extremely long, adding to the mystique, but when you are tired and exiting the park, it makes Main Street seem smaller.

On the Space Ranger Spin, when you enter a room through a round door immediately spin around and imagine a hm, then shoot at the right ear, apparently it's the 1,000,000 point target, but I haven't tried this one yet.

Look at the hole in the top of the Splash Mountain from the OUTSIDE of the ride, look for a Side Profile of Mickey.

While on Splash Mountain, right before the big lift I think listen for the little creature that says FSU, and if you don't catch the "S" he is not yelling profanity.

When in the Magic Kingdom you are 15 feet above sea level.

The three golden spiers are made of real gold.

When decorating the castle for the 50th Anniversary Celebration, the Imagineers had not yet secured Tinkerbell or Peter Pan to the castle and were about to when a hurricane hit WDW. Tink and Pan were up on top of the castle the entire time.

The names on the buildings of Main Street are some of the fake companies Walt used to buy the land for WDW.

You can get your haircut at the Barber Shop in MK.

AK was designed to force guests to wander around, just like in Africa. This is useful so that next time you go to AK DO NOT try to plan everything out. Just kinda wander around and get where you're going when you get there, this relieves a lot of stress.

When at the former MGM(I'm not sure of the current name) eat at the 50's PrimeTime Cafe. Tell your party to where your hats, sunglasses etc. and put elbows on the table, this will guaruntee a great time. This is a great themed meal and a lot of fun.

Another secret,
Near the ending of the Nemo Submarine Voyage in Disneyland you will hear the captain saying "Lets dock her in before we see a sea serpent or have an account with a mermaid"

Right after he says that you will see a rock with a tongue sticking out. If you look carefully you will see how it looks much like a sea serpent.

I believe this is an obvious one. However just for the people who do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter