your best memory of disney

comingtodisney

Mouseketeer
i have read some of these on the american dis, but would like to know what is the best memory of disney for you brits.:grouphug:

andrea

My best memory is from the first time I went. It was 1992 and as I turned 21 I came into an inheritance, which I decided to use for a "once in a lifetime" trip to WDW, somewhere that I had wanted to go to for a long time. I booked a 2 week stay in the Contemporary Resort and spent months looking at photos, watching reports on Holiday and Wish You Were Here (I didn't have a PC then let alone the DIS).

The day finally came and we got the coach from the airport towards WDW. It still didn't really seem real and then shortly after going through the parking booths at Magic Kingdom we rounded a corner and I got my first sight of the A-frame of the Contemporary Resort tower building looming up in the distance. THAT was when it hit me and I can still remember that sudden rush as I realised "I am actually here".

Later in the holiday we were coming back on a coach tour from Kennedy Space Centre and as we were sitting in the front I got my video camera out and recorded the drive from the booths to that corner so I will never forget it.

Seeing a guy propose to his girlfriend on Main Street and then all the camera people taking their photos. It put a tear in my eye!

Standing at the top of Main Street for the first time & taking in that amazing first ever view of the Castle. I spent the next ten minutes with my head hidden behind the park map crying my eyes out :)

For me it was the first time we went to WDW , the first place we went to was Epcot and saw illuminations for the first time, i was bawling my eyes out, a few days later again bawling my eyes out when we went to see Fantasmic, and a couple days later again when you guessed it ......bawling my eyes out when we went to MK , the castle, the characters, and then finally meeting Mickey, it was too much, i was sobbing and sobbing, like a big eejit!!!

Thers nothing quite like the first time...

Has to be the 4 Disney cruises we have done, Love the parks and had special times there but nothing compared to being on a Disney cruise. The feeling seeing the ship as you approach Port Canaveral is amazing. From The Captain to a cleaner they always have a smile and time to talk and look after you. Last week we were only onboard 4 days and spoke to the Captain 3 times. A few pics. last 2 are a wild bald Eagle we saw after we got back, not on the cruise.
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/wayneg1/Disney Cruise Spring 08/

Tough choice but I think it has to be meeting Chip and Dale in the Epcot 'character connection' last year, the interaction was fantastic! Other notable ones would be watching Wishes from the California Grill and being treated to chef TJ's 'veggie special' at Boma :goodvibes

DS' first trip,he was a big Toy Story fan & we had missed the Character Meet & greet in MGM so were heading out of the park to Hop somewhere else when from nowhere a storm hit! We managed to take shelter inside Customer services & who else should be in there but Buzz & Woody,he had them all to his self & they played games to keep him amused for about 25 mins until the storm broke:goodvibes Don't know who was inside those costumes but they made his holiday!
SD:thumbsup2

DS' first trip,he was a big Toy Story fan & we had missed the Character Meet & greet in MGM so were heading out of the park to Hop somewhere else when from nowhere a storm hit! We managed to take shelter inside Customer services & who else should be in there but Buzz & Woody,he had them all to his self & they played games to keep him amused for about 25 mins until the storm broke:goodvibes Don't know who was inside those costumes but they made his holiday!
SD:thumbsup2

costumes??......What costumes???.......You're confusing me know!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

For me it's whenever or wherever I see Chip n Dale!! - I always revert straight back to being a five year old little girl - much to the dismay of my DH!!!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Mine is our 1st visit to cinderella's royal table :) seeing the look on dd's was was priceless and i will never forget it !

For me it was last yr in the Animal Kingdom, we went to Camp Minnie Mickey and there was only one or two people there meeting the characters, ds1 instead of running off to meet them, instead starting pushing his brother in his stoller up to meet the charcters and told Mickey that this was his little brother and that he loved him. DS2 instead of getting freaked out, reached out to mickey, mickey leaned in and started playing peek a boo with him!

We next went to see Goofy and ds1 just couldnt contain his excitement then and started running around and even hugged a tree!! instead of just standing there goofy started copying my ds and they ended up running around camp minnie mickey together holding hands, it was just so adorable and my ds still talks about his friend Goofy.

It was the best characted intreaction we had all holiday and such a great memory of seeing my boys happy

Very hard to pick just one.
I would have to say in 2002 our first trip and we went to MK,as we entered Main street our faces was priceless.DD was going crazy as she could see characters.
Very close is when she Met Mickey in MGM! she wouldnt let go and he kept giving her nose kisses and she kept running back:rotfl:

Has to be my first trip in 1988. There was only MK then and my friend and I had booked the trip after having a few drinks not appreciating how much it was to cost. It actually cost us more then than it does now 20 years later!

Nobody we knew had ever been so we were expecting it to be a bit like Blackpool P/Beach! How wrong were we. We were just blown away with the size, decor, cleanliness and just the brightness of the place - obviously the sun was shining unlike Blackpool! :rotfl: We just kept saying "it's huge". When we met Mickey Mouse we cried!

Fantastic memories I'll always treasure.

Next year will be the first time I've been to WDW since having kids so can't wait to see it through their eyes. Tissues at the ready!!!!!

Has to be my first trip in 1988. There was only MK then

Must have been Epcot, that opened Oct 82. Must have been weird with not much there. Our 1st visit was 93 so it was well developed then.

hi

i must say that the whole disney experience is just magic and ive never known anything like it.

we went for the first time in 06 and like someone else said it didnt seem real or sink in until we were in our hotel room and i thought "we are actually here".

my best memory has to be the fist morning we was on the disney bus going to magic kingdom and my brother in law pointed out the castle to the kids and my daughter (no3) said"oh my god" and the look on all of their faces was just the most wonderful memory.

my girls also did bbb and that made my sister in law all teary eyed.

Joshua's smile as we drive into Magic Kingdom - for a boy that is unable to talk it's just priceless.

The first time we went to MK and the smell of fresh pop corn.

There is also DD took her first steps.

And the sadest memory or nice to know that she enjoyed her self, was leaving MK to travel to the airport DD sobs her heart out to the fact we have to cuddle and console her

Mine was probably in 2004 when i walked up Main Street to see the charcater performing outside Cinderellas Castle all i wanted to do was cry but held back as my friend would of thought i was a loony lol

Well Disney is specila no doubt, but what did it for me was the space centre.

Big fan of technology and space espcially, and seeing the Apollo Saturn Rocket at KSC in that Saturn 5 centre, choked me up so much, I couldn't film it .

I had waited so long to go and see it, and then the Shuttle was on the pad too at the same time, awesome, simply awesome.

Tough question....has to be the first trip...but so many great memories...probably main street and the castle, and also the look on DD face when she met Pluto for the first time. After the trip DW summed it up well.....just as you thought it couldn't get any better, the following day it did

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter