• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your best couples vacation?

Our very first decent length couples trip is our favourite. By this time the kids were something like 8-10 (I forget) and finally old enough to leave with aging grandma. Until then, we only did one nighters close to home once a year.

It was beyond amazing. It was a contest prize that included something like a 15hr train trip each way for 2 hotel nights in Quebec City. I think we were away maybe 4 days total after all that travel.

We quickly discovered even an endless train ride was fun when we didn't have to entertain bored kids. Such a magical trip - we kept marvelling at the end of each day that we still had MORE time to enjoy. Completely different from one-nighters. We made an 3-5 night annual couples long weekend a priority after that :)

Second favourite was this past February where we spent one week off-site near Disney. First time without kids and first time with an AP. We loved the slow, meandering pace through the parks. We would hit the parks in the morning, drive back "home" for an afternoon nap, then head back for a leisurely evening in the parks. Everything I dreamed an AP would be :)

Italy. DH and I visited Rome, Lucca, Florence, Venice, and the Amalfi Coast. It was heaven. We were supposed to take the kids in summer of 2021 but I'm not sure international travel is going to happen for us for awhile. Hoping for 2022.

Italy. DH and I visited Rome, Lucca, Florence, Venice, and the Amalfi Coast. It was heaven. We were supposed to take the kids in summer of 2021 but I'm not sure international travel is going to happen for us for awhile. Hoping for 2022.
I've always thought Italy would be a nice place to visit. For now I guess I'll have to settle for a stroll through The Venetian in Vegas 😜

We've always brought our daughter on our travels, but the best are tied:

Anegada Beach Club - BVI luxury glamping tents (and I know someone is going to make a song reference at some point)

Landing in Northumberland England, made planned stops along the way including riding the Jacobite Steam Train for daughter who is a big Harry Potter fan and got to Isle of Skye. Absolutely amazing. My favorite spot was probably Fairy Glen. We drove back for departure from Edinburgh to the US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter