• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

younger audience

im 13 and i like the adults that play on VMK. it makes it more fun. sometimes i dont even like the kids that play bcuz sometimes they are the ones that are more ignorant about the game. i dunno but i like the adults on here. i mean, my mom started playing before i did and now my dad just started playing!

threeboysmom said:
Why does it bother you so much that we are old and lame and playing VMK?? My two oldest boys are even too old to play VMK according to the "target" audience! Do you think that "old" people can't have any fun just because of their age? We are all still kids at heart here. :confused3

I never said you were old and lame i just didnt think there were adults on vmk afterall i thought it was a kids gamejust forget i said any thing now :guilty:

"You have to remember that it's not the kids who hold the purse strings, if you get the adults into VMK as well...that means more money in Disney's pockets!"

My son got me hooked. Now I can't wait to go on a quest. Had he not of gotten me hooked and told me he wanted to go on a 2-4 hour tour at Disneyland for a few code cards, I would have thought he was crazy. lol. Now I'm trying to figure out a way for us to go!!

My son likes to get me hooked into his games, he gets great stuff that way. lol. He just got an Explorer tent the other day thanks to me. And he got a Space Suit from another poster on here. Not to mention all the quest stuff and magic he gets off me. And the codes also. He never though to google for codes, was just excited to find the code in his magazine.

He did the same with Neopets. Got me addicted (no longer play there), and profited. I give him all my good stuff there also, and showed him the way to buy low sell high and stock market.

We play and like the same type of games though, like the Tycoon type games and Sims. He really is a mini me.

Does it count if you are a kid at heart?? :)

I understand the question. I had never gotten into games before VMK since I am so old and lame. This has opened my eyes a lot more to understanding my husaband (which is a whole other topic to discuss :rotfl: ). I enjoy speaking and meeting the younger audience! :) A majority of the kids are great to interact with. I also personally enjoy helping out new guests who come to the game as well :)

An added bonus to all this, is all the friendships that have bloomed from VMK where otherwise they might not have! :flower:

MaliaMichelle said:
...He did the same with Neopets. Got me addicted (no longer play there), and profited. I give him all my good stuff there also, and showed him the way to buy low sell high and stock market....

Oh, my......my daughter did the same thing
:rotfl:
I was a Neopet user. :wave2:

I'm old and lame (and a kid at heart). Actually, I'm the one that got my teen into this. She thinks it's funny. Who do you think gave her all the answers to the quests and got her the tour :teeth: ? Who bought her magic mirror? and virtual candy? :rotfl: :rotfl: My husband thinks we are nuts! But I'm addicted and I can't stop playing. I think of fireworks all day long :rolleyes: and how I might one day win and that ##### inferno pin that I want so bad.

I think we should have an Adult VMK kingdom with no filters. Yipppeee! :cheer2:

VMK is meant to be 'magical' for all ages! Having nice and kind adults on the game makes it safer for all of us. Also if the whole family can have fun that is also great! Most games are not for the whole family! I do not think the world has another game like VMK where the whole family can have fun! Also VMK has many wonderful people on it and hope that continues! Also VMK is great for a Disney Theme Park lover like I am!!

It is for all of us to enjoy!!

Also as someone before stated this is a game where kids can learn about buy low and sell high in the stock market! And how that is proving true today!

The DIS was here WAAAAAAY before VMK. The majority of the DIS is adults...old and lame adults in love with WDW. ;) ;) That's why you'll find more adults on the VMK board here. The DIS is actually why I started playing VMK. I heart the DIS VMK players for sure!

I think VMK is fun for all, no matter what age.

Rundown, I think we know each other. :) At least you talk just like two of my VMK friends, who were in disbelief that any adults played VMK at all the other day! Either way, as you can see, there are lots of good, fun people of all ages playing VMK!

And yes, a lot of us are "mummies" too! :cheer2:

I wouldn't even have given VMK a second glance if it weren't for the DIS. I usually do not play online games. But when I saw a lot of other Dis'ers playing, I decided to look into it. Then once I learned how to play, I introduced the game to my sons. And we have all been hooked since!

I love, love, love telling other kids on VMK that I am a mummy! :) My favorite thing to do is walk into one of my son's VMK rooms and say "Hi Sun!" and he return with "Hi Mummy!". I love to see the reactions of the kids in that room!! So funny!

On Friday my youngest son was in my room with me (I think CL_Jaina was there too at the time). He was sitting on a treasure chest and a girl came in and sat beside him. She kept trying to get him to talk to her and she was telling him how she thought he was cute, etc. I finally spoke up and said "That's my son you are sitting next to!" She then very quickly exited the room! Lol!

Bubble Gum Girl said:
Well to me from a kids point of view(I am a kid just to let you know) I think that if they are a kid at heart then they should play.... But it seems like the adults are taking over VMK!!

OK Even well.... DISer adults aren't taking over vmk. They are trying to win stuff like me :teeth: Some of them might not have the firework magic pin let.. some might have 5... and that's that same with kids too! some people don't have the crown :) and some have 3:O)

rundown said:
not to be rude or any thing but wasnt this game made for kids. on this site i see pics of ppl who look to old to play this game sitting with kids who look to young to play.

I like the fact that there are older people playing the game. i have been to other web sites where all i see are kids asking other kids to be their boyfriend or girlfriend. and it makes me wonder if they are there to play or just to have a "fling". Its nice not seeing every other word "be my boy/girlfriend!" or "give me ur stuff now!" even if u do see it every once in a while. And I find most of the older people to be much nicer and more helpful (no offence to any one who may be younger).

I'm an old (kid at heart) VMK'er. I really enjoy this game, and I realize there are a lot of kids playing here. That is why I try to be very careful and clear about trades. I want us both to be clear on who is trading what and what they expect in return. When I'm trading I treat everyone like they are about 8, unless I've traded with them before.

And yes, even though I am 'old', I am still a Pirate Princess! I was asked to join the Pirate Club, and I just couldn't say no. But when I found out I was supposed to wear black, I just couldn't do it. I am a girl afterall! So I became the Pirate Club Princess.
lol, you just got to love this game!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter