• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Young wizards series by dianne duane?

sandynd

Rookie Desperado
Has anybody read the books? I just downloaded a bunch from my library to while away waiting room hours, and started reading the first one. Maybe it's just because it's about tween/ teen kids finding out they're really wizards, but I am seeing some Potter- esque elements here. I thought it might be an author cashing in on the fad, but the first book was published in 1983. Wonder if JK Rowling read the series? Funny what strikes you when you're killing time!

I love those books! I've read all of them. There's a 10th book coming out next year. Be careful though, some of the later books can be pretty emotionally trying.

I know the author is making millennium editions of some of the older books so they flow better; since the books span the 80s to now, the technology takes huge jumps forward between books. But either way they're great reads.

Dai stiho! /booknerd

I loved those books when I was younger! Actually I still love them and retread them occasionally. I thought of them right away when I read Harry Potter for the first time. After the Harry Potter craze started, many people would recommend similar books - including the Young Wizards series- to tide people over until the next HP came out, which I thought was great since I've always thought the series was terribly underrated and under appreciated. I remember getting so irritated though because some people would carry on about how awful it was that Duane was copying Harry Potter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter