Young Men's Non-Iron (Wrinkle Free) Dress Shirts

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
I need help finding dress shirts for DS for Christmas. He's 26 with a professional job at a college. Non-iron is important. He needs to look put together, but he's not going to iron. I've bought his clothes from Express for many years. Now that he buys some of his own clothes, I've noticed the shirts he buys for himself aren't from Express. (I've been buying from them long enough to know what they sell.) Apparently, he's tired of the solids & few prints Express offers. (Express prints change so rarely that I accidentally bought him the same dress shirt two years in a row. :o )

Where should I look for non-iron (wrinkle free) dress shirts for a 26 year old to wear to the office? Prints are great. He can pair them with solid ties. He doesn't care about brand. Cheap or expensive makes no difference to him. They just have to be non iron/wrinkle free.

Last edited:
Eddie Bauer; LL Bean; Target's and Macy's house brands spring to mind. He should be looking at shirts with a 80% cotton 20% polyester content and follow the washing instructions. Since he wants to wear ties with the shirts collar stays would be useful.

Eddie Bauer; LL Bean; Target's and Macy's house brands spring to mind. He should be looking at shirts with a 80% cotton 20% polyester content and follow the washing instructions. Since he wants to wear ties with the shirts collar stays would be useful.

I asked him about some of the shirts I've seen him wear recently. They came from Target. I looked on their site & would love to pay those prices. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything similar to what I've seen him wear. They must have more in the store than they do online. I very much prefer shopping online. Apparently, I need to force myself to go the the store, before ordering online at Target. :headache: Thanks for the other suggestions. I will look there, before forcing myself to go to a Target store.

Last edited:

I second the suggestion for collar stays, my DH (around that age) who has to wear a tie every day swears by them (he also irons better than I do lol)

MensWarehouse.com has a large selection of non-iron shirts. While I haven't shopped them to keep (just rentals) they have tons of the big brand names to choose from in TONS of colors and prints. I love shopping for matching shirts and ties in person but their site is tons of fun to browse.

ETA Since my husband has an obsession with french cuffs I might be shopping here for his birthday lol.

Last edited:
These shirts are the best no-iron dress shirts my DH has ever worn. A bit pricey but 25% off right now. Allow some extra time for shipping since they come from the UK. They wash beautifully on a gentle cycle, and I remove from a low-temp dryer right away.
https://www.ctshirts.com/us/mens-sh...18&prefn3=status&tib=TIB-shirts-formal-shirts

He also wears some LL Bean no-iron shirts, but likes these from Charles Tyrwhitt much better.

My 22 year old son wears brooks brothers no iron shirts everyday. They wash beautifully and need NO ironing. They have slim cuts and regular cuts, so you can get them to fit your son.

They also sell them at brooks brothers outlet. He has shirts from the regular store and the outlet. Both are great!

DH finds some at Gap, H&M and Zara.

Do you think your son might use a handheld garment steamer? I'm terrible at ironing, but have found that using a travel size garment steamer is easier and faster. I'll also use Downy Wrinkle Releaser spray for light wrinkles, which works well.

Not the OP but I also have a son in professional job. He buys he's own shirts. He will actually iron, thankfully, but would also like some good no-iron shirts. We've bought some in the past and, honestly, I don't find the no-iron shirts to be no-iron. I even have some women's no-iron shirts and, yes, I have to iron them. But I'm going to check out those Brooks Brothers ones. I've got an outlet store about 5 minutes from my house.

One cheaper brand shirt that we found to be okay was one we bought at Old Navy about 2 years ago. It was a no iron shirt, felt thicker and, well, it wasn't overly cheap like most of their stuff but it was about as close to wrinkle-free as we've come.

I worked at Brooks Brothers for several years up until I moved to FL last month and customers raved about the non-iron shirts. All of their dress shirts are non-iron and come in solids and patterns. Just wash, take out of the dryer just before the cycle is done, shake and hang. They are also known to last upwards of 10 years. Just don't dry clean them, it will break down the chemical which makes them non-iron. Your best prices/deals will be at the Factory stores. They are actually not outlet stores in the traditional sense. While they do get items from the retail stores, the majority of stock are clothing lines made specifically for them, not defective/overruns, etc.

You also might want to consider getting him a steamer. We got the Jiffy J-2000 because I hate ironing. I use it every morning so I keep the tank full (no dumping and refilling). It only takes a couple of minutes to do my work clothes, pants and shirts. My husband even loves it and I saw him steaming sweatpants with it the other day. It's a game changer if you have a professional job and can't show up with wrinkled clothes.

The only non-iron dress shirts I've found to really be non-iron are Banana Republic's. The rest all need at least a quick ironing or steaming. I have been ironing shirts since 5th grade so it's pretty much muscle memory at this point.

Sorry, I didn't get back to this thread yesterday. I didn't get a new post alert.

I really appreciate the suggestions & will check out all of them. I'll most likely try a few of the brands to see which one works best for him.

We actually have a steamer somewhere. It's yet another of those things I thought I had to have, but never used. I'll have to dig it out & show him how to use it. Thanks for the reminder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter