You win some you booze some, a HOT August 2017 dining report! complete 1/25*

Happy to hear everything went beautifully at the wedding! What a gorgeous day!

The food at Splitsville looks yummy!!!!
Maybe Joe and I could do a little bowling in March...I'm serious about the monorail cocktail crawl:rolleyes:

Happy to hear everything went beautifully at the wedding! What a gorgeous day!
It was perfect weather!
I would love to do a monorail crawl with you guys in March, but I'll have to see if we can get the boys to leave us alone for a night lol

The wedding was very nice; as I said in my TR it wasn't what we expected it would be when they got engaged last year, and it wasn't.......my kind of wedding, but it wasn't my wedding!
Everything went well and they were extremely happy, which is what's important.
Just coming off our wedding, I would say the fact that you recognize these things puts you a million miles ahead of everyone! :) I had so much push back from my family about what I wanted to do with the big wedding. :sad2: My stepmom was even telling my sister she thought it would look like a child's birthday party. The pictures look great, everyone is so happy! I love the card box, it's so cute! And Steve and all his boys... and more girl power! Now, it might appear that you're still slightly outnumbered, but really girls count for like 3 people each so you win! :rotfl:
Now all I need is a grandbaby! I know, I look WAY too young for that.
You DO look way too young!
Chris had a nice birthday on Sunday, we had a bowling party for his friends and he was satisfied with his gift haul!
And Happy Birthday to Chris!
Macho Nachos: Loaded with seasoned ground beef, shredded cheddar jack cheese, queso, black been corn salsa and pickled jalapenos drizzled with avocado ranch and served with a side of sour cream
These look delicious. Now I understand why people just go there to eat. I love Nachos with queso on them.
I forgot we were bowling when I got dressed this morning and I wore flip-flops, so I got to buy these fabulous SPLITSVILLE socks for $10 lol!
Haha I love it! These could actually be a useful souvenir for me because I wear this style of sock to work everyday.

Life has taken over and I haven't been able to be on the Dis as much as I've wanted to. Just dropping in!

Macho Nachos: Loaded with seasoned ground beef, shredded cheddar jack cheese, queso, black been corn salsa and pickled jalapenos drizzled with avocado ranch and served with a side of sour cream

img_6888-jpg.279145
These nachos, holy moly! They are serving as inspiration for my evening at Disneyland today (Mickey's Halloween Party). I may need to hunt down some nachos at DCA now... :scratchin Adding it to the ever growing list of cheat food I'm going to have tonight :hyper:

img_6884-jpg.279170

I forgot we were bowling when I got dressed this morning and I wore flip-flops, so I got to buy these fabulous SPLITSVILLE socks for $10 lol!
:scared: $10?! They're cute though, so :thumbsup2

Your boys are growing up so fast! My Noah has just a few inches to go before he's my height. He just turned 10. Can time please slow down a little bit? :sad:

And I love the bride's dress. Very flowy!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm using purple because it's my NEW DAUGHTER IN LAW'S FAVORITE COLOR :cheer2: The wedding was very nice; as I said in my TR it wasn't what we expected it would be when they got engaged last year, and it wasn't.......my kind of wedding, but it wasn't my wedding!
Congratulations!!!!! And what do ya know purple is my favorite color too :-)

Chris had a nice birthday on Sunday, we had a bowling party for his friends and he was satisfied with his gift haul!

img_7428-jpg.278898
Happy Birthday Chris!

Still funny :rotfl2:

img_6886-jpg.279131

He loved this, I mean who wouldn't love those fries?? The sandwich was super duper spiced up but that's the way (uh-huh uh-huh) he likes it. Keep it in mind for your future reference though.
Wow!!!!! This looks delicious. I love all things buffalo and I could totally devour this right about now!

img_6888-jpg.279145

I meant to order these sans jalepenos because I'm not much of a jalepeno fan but I forgot. No worries, these were some of the best nachos we've ever had! The meat was so well-seasoned and even though you can't see the queso real well, it was in there, there was plenty of it and it was de-lish.
Glad to see Splitsville didn't disappoint food wise!

Now all I need is a grandbaby! I know, I look WAY too young for that. I thank you in advance for saying so :D
You are still just a baby yourself......isn't Steve MUCH older.....lol! Although I am sure you will love having little sweet peas to take to Disney when the time comes.

I meant to order these sans jalepenos because I'm not much of a jalepeno fan but I forgot. No worries, these were some of the best nachos we've ever had! The meat was so well-seasoned and even though you can't see the queso real well, it was in there, there was plenty of it and it was de-lish. The two of us put a good size dent in those nachos despite our French lunch!
Yum, yum! Will definitely have to try these.

Ricky got the Classic Burger: Served with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion and Fries (hold the onion)
Exactly what my three would order and love.

And I'm back with the wedding pictures!
Such a sweet wedding, love the bride's dress and the lovely decor. So pretty!

He absolutely loved this even more than Chris loved his chicken sandwich, in fact Ricky declared it the best burger he'd ever had in Disney.

I'll have to try food there someday, we aren't really big on bowling but the food looks good.

Yum :lovestruc

They're cute at least :rotfl:

I had so much push back from my family about what I wanted to do with the big wedding. :sad2: My stepmom was even telling my sister she thought it would look like a child's birthday party.
Aw, that stinks, I'm sorry. I tried very hard not to throw my views and feelings into the mix since her family was giving her so much crap. I think I did a pretty good job lol. I did tell my other stepson that he needs to have a big wedding though :D

You DO look way too young!
Of COURSE I do princess:

And Happy Birthday to Chris!

:thanks:
These look delicious. Now I understand why people just go there to eat. I love Nachos with queso on them.
Me too! Next time we go I'm going to make sure we're nice and hungry so I can eat MORE

Yes! you definitely do!! Sounds like a really cool wedding-I love Fall and all the associated aspects (like apples and pumpkins) so this seems pretty ideal!
Fall is my favorite season so I like that they picked October. I was concerned with it being freezing or raining because there was no alternative to being out in the orchard, but luckily the weather was fantastic.

Life has taken over and I haven't been able to be on the Dis as much as I've wanted to. Just dropping in!
I completely understand, believe me! Glad you stopped by :)

They are serving as inspiration for my evening at Disneyland today (Mickey's Halloween Party). I may need to hunt down some nachos at DCA now.
I am SO jealous you can just, "Oh, I'm going to spend the evening in DL :snooty:" Did you guys enjoy the Halloween Party?

Your boys are growing up so fast! My Noah has just a few inches to go before he's my height. He just turned 10. Can time please slow down a little bit? :sad:
It goes way too fast :sad1: Ricky is of course taller than me and at 12 Chris is close!

Happy Birthday Chris!
He said......................"whatever, thanks :rolleyes:" :rotfl:

Wow!!!!! This looks delicious. I love all things buffalo and I could totally devour this right about now!
You guys should try it if Casey will allow you time away from the parks at some point!

Glad to see Splitsville didn't disappoint food wise!
I am too, I was skeptical but it's great :thumbsup2

You are still just a baby yourself......isn't Steve MUCH older.....lol!
He actually is quite a bit older than me so he looks ready for grandkids :laughing:
Although I am sure you will love having little sweet peas to take to Disney when the time comes.
Oh I will :goodvibes I do admit, I'm kind of hoping for some princesses since we're so boy heavy here!

Such a sweet wedding, love the bride's dress and the lovely decor. So pretty!
:thanks: She did look beautiful and she did a great job on the favors and decorations.

I'll have to try food there someday, we aren't really big on bowling but the food looks good.
Steve and I never ever bowl so this was strictly for the boys, but a nice perk that the food was so good!

Now all I need is a grandbaby! I know, I look WAY too young for that. I thank you in advance for saying so :D
YES YOU DO!!!

but that's the way (uh-huh uh-huh) he likes it.
:rotfl2:

While I wouldn't necessarily want to do something you can "do anywhere", it does sound like you all had a great time - and great food! - at Splitsville.

Congrats to your step-son and new daughter-in-law! :goodvibes

Pirate Grub But Where's The Rum?
I need to get caught up here to my TR! I left off with us finishing up at Splitsville after enjoying food and bowling. We were going back to WL for a bit before going back out for the evening, our destination still a surprise for the boys. Well, let me say "unknown" to the boys, they are a little old for what we had planned to actually excite them. But it was new and different and that's what we try for on our trips with them now that they've been so often. They asked a few times what we were doing at night and we would say things like, "depends how tired we are" or "not sure yet".
After they chilled in the room for awhile and Steve and I went down to the gift shop, we returned to the room and told them our plans - Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise :banana::cheer2: At least that's how I felt about it! Ricky wasn't exactly excited but was for it, Chris as usual didn't want to go. Since he had no choice we went down to the lounge for some light dinner snacking before going to check in for our pirate adventure.

I realize I didn't do so hot at all taking pictures of the lounge offerings, but here are a couple:

IMG_6891.JPG

IMG_6893.JPG

IMG_6894.JPG

IMG_6892.JPG

Not pictures are rolls/breads, which Steve got to eat with his lemon chicken garden veggie salad (dumped on his plate from the mason jar:

IMG_6896.JPG

He enjoyed this and actually used the world "fabulous". He tried the veggie samosas also but wasn't a fan. He and Ricky both got some shrimp which was shoved in mason jars:

IMG_6897.JPG

They were BIG shrimp in small servings! I was still full from my plate o' nachos and I don't think Chris had anything, either.

We had to check in to P&P over at the Contemporary at 7:45 so we began our trek over there around 7, taking the boat. Love that boat! We arrived early and since they don't open the doors to the event room until it begins, we checked in, got our cool P&P bandannas, and did a little scavenger hunt they hand out until it was exactly 7:45. At that time a CM came out and let us in a small ballroom-type area where all the snacks were set up. Snacks include ice cream (Mickey bars and other frozen treats you find in the parks), Smartfood popcorn and bagged pretzels, fruit, chips and salsa, cotton candy and cakes. Drink options included water, lemonade, coffee and tea, NO ALCOHOL which was the only downside. I tried my best to take pictures but the lighting kind of sucked in there:

Case they had the ice cream in:

IMG_6919.JPG

IMG_6922.JPG

Close up of one of the signs, cut characters on them all!

IMG_6921.JPG

Cotton candy in a treasure chest on the floor:

IMG_6923.JPG

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

More snack pictures- the pretzels, popcorn, chips, salsa, and Chris's arm:

IMG_6925.JPG

Fruit:
The guy in the back was serving the cake
IMG_6926.JPG

Aforementioned cake:

IMG_6927 (3).JPG

IMG_6929.JPG

Besides the chocolate cake there was a pineapple one. I didn't try the cake but between the guys they had both and said both were delicious:

IMG_6928.JPG

Pirate gold in a treasure chest. Kids could come up and take some and Hook was also walking around giving it to guests:

IMG_6924.JPG

The guests of honor!

IMG_6915 (3).JPG

Pictures were taken against that backdrop. After pictures were done they wandered around for the rest of the time we were in the room, playing with kids and fooling around with adults. While most people attending did have young kids there were a couple other families like us with older kids and even a few adults-only parties. At one point Hook came up to Chris and had a dubloon toss with him. Ricky escaped this game has he had gone to the bathroom and was then in the hallway doing this with the bandanna they gave each of us:

IMG_6934.JPG

Cute pirate-y music was playing the whole time we were in the room, which was close to an hour. It was kind of long since after you had your picture taken with Hook and Smee all there was to do was eat. HEA was scheduled for 9 and about 8:25 the CM's had us line up and gave directions for the next part of our cruise. Once we were set, Hook led us to the boat dock with Smee taking up the back. Normally two boats go out with each one holding 60 people, but the event wasn't sold out so we all fit in one boat. We had a Pirate captain - Patch - who told jokes and sang to us as we sailed to our spot on the lagoon where we would view HEA from. It sounds corny but it was cute! The boys were laughing at me because Patch had us singing along to songs from The Little Mermaid, Nemo, PoTC, etc. and of course, I sang :D We finally got where we were going and HEA began, this was the first time the boys were seeing it.

As I wrote in my TR, the view of the fireworks was awesome and I loved the "different" view. In the park, watching from resorts, the Poly beach, each one has pluses. From the boat you got music and a great view of each firework without being squished in or having to stake out a spot super early. The one thing you don't get is a good view of the projections, which was fine by me since I don't particularly like them. The boys didn't care, either. We did give them the option of seeing HEA from inside MK another night so they could have a better view of the projections but they weren't interested so this suited us all fine:

IMG_6976.JPG IMG_6975.JPG

As @Raeven said, we must have been seated on the "good" side of the boat because we had such a great view! On our way back to the Contemporary, Patch did some trivia with us and gave prizes to whomever won. All the prizes were pirate-related, like eye patches, hooks, treasure maps, etc. Once we docked we had a surprise waiting there for us, which wasn't really a surprise for me since I know everything lol. Peter Pan was waiting with a lantern to do a M&G! I do have a blurry picture of him but none of us with him, since my boys were party poopers and didn't want to meet the characters. Anyone who wanted to meet Peter was to follow him back up towards the CR; Steve was willing to go with me while the boys stayed on the dock to take the boat back to WL, but so many people had gotten off ahead of us and followed Peter up that I knew we'd have quite the wait. We all got on a boat back to the lodge.

Overall I was happy we did P&P and even the boys said they enjoyed parts of it. The snacks were good, but it would be better with some rum pirate: Really when you consider dessert parties, the price ($69pp) isn't bad since you do get the M&G's and to go on the lagoon. I think it's really good for people with younger kids, but if your older kids aren't sticks in the mud like mine they'd enjoy it, also.

I will say that not having a full dinner and then only snacking a bit there, we were hungry when we got back to WL.

UP NEXT: NO GP FOR YOU! RF IT IS AGAIN

While I wouldn't necessarily want to do something you can "do anywhere", it does sound like you all had a great time - and great food! - at Splitsville.
That's how I feel when we do mini-golf, as cute as Disney's mini-golf is! The worst was when we let the boys do DisneyQuest :rolleyes: FOUR HOURS of video games when I could've been in the parks! But we have to keep the boys interested and honestly, between getting out of the heat and the good food I didn't mind Splitsville at all :)

Congrats to your step-son and new daughter-in-law! :goodvibes
:thanks:

Cool review of the Pirate cruise! I think this would be great for my sister and my nephew to try.
Seriously though, any hard ticket party item, for the cost, really needs to include BooZE!!!

I am all caught up, I agree with the food at Splitsville! The loaded fries there are so delicious! The nachos look really good. The Pirate party looks like a fun time, we are all for trying different things now that we have been many times so thanks for the review!

The club level snacks look nice as well, I definitely see the benefit when you have two growing boys, they could snack as much as they desired!

The pirate cruise looks so cute and fun. I think after my squished in experience watching HEA I'm happy to view the fireworks anywhere else. I've looked into this cruise, but haven't gotten my boyfriend to agree yet. The food in the club lounge that comes in mason jars is a cool idea, but I feel like it might be difficult to get some of the food out? Like the giant shrimp?

The wedding was very nice; as I said in my TR it wasn't what we expected it would be when they got engaged last year, and it wasn't.......my kind of wedding

I had to laugh. I read this but the only picture that I could see was Chris' birthday party. I thought to myself - probably not my kind of wedding either :) Then I realised that it was a different event.

:scared: I don't think I had even realized you had started this, I've been a terrible Dis-er lately!

I am here though, I'm going back now to start reading :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter