You WANT it, you GOT it...AKL LITE III!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that stay at Kidani (I'm so jealous!), how far is it from Jambo house? Looks like the pool refurb has been extended to mid-Feb which means we'll have to swim over at Kidani if we want. I'm wondering how long it would take to walk there vs taking the bus.

Thanks mmmears :) Yes, you know what an AKL fanatic I am :rolleyes1 That's why I booked the second half my trip there ~ JUST in case Kidani doesn't satisfy me :hippie: It will be interesting to give Kidani a try.

:thumbsup2 Smart move!!! We really liked Kidani when we visited it, but I can't give up my CL room at AKL, even to try out Kidani. A split with both Kidani and Jambo would be fun!!!:cloud9:

For those that stay at Kidani (I'm so jealous!), how far is it from Jambo house? Looks like the pool refurb has been extended to mid-Feb which means we'll have to swim over at Kidani if we want. I'm wondering how long it would take to walk there vs taking the bus.

We walked from the Jambo lobby to the Kidani pool. At a leisurely pace, reading the animal trivia questions and trying to answer them on out "trip" I think it still took less than 10 minutes. I think we could have done it in half the time if we were using our "speed walking through the parks" walk.;)

...this looks so peaceful and cozy...
032.jpg

DH and I finalized our honeymoon trip- We will be staying at Kidani Village for 4 nights and 5 days. I am so excited I have never stayed at AKL before, (Our DVC is with OKW) I have actually never even seen AKL in person- can't wait until June!

Congrats on your Wedding!!! You will absolutely LOVE AKL - It's a beautiful, relaxing, embracing resort - Enjoy!!!!

Johnsonet --- WOW, what gorgeous photos!!!! Kidani looks just as beautiful as the lodge!! We are def. going to take a look around over there in May - DS is really wanting to see the pool area. Thanks for sharing!

...you are making me 'homesick'....:sad1:

I know... I'm sorry! It's almost painful to look at some of the AKL photos for me, too. I feel the same way about the Poly :guilty:

Johnsonet --- WOW, what gorgeous photos!!!! Kidani looks just as beautiful as the lodge!! We are def. going to take a look around over there in May - DS is really wanting to see the pool area. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. Those were taken when we went over to check it out in August. When we actually stay there I will go CRAZY taking photos :crazy:

Beautiful pictures!!!!

As far as the difference between the DVC rooms at Jambo and Kidani, I believe it just the 3rd bathroom, and the size is slightly smaller at Jambo.

He still loves the corn guy?? :goodvibes I think it's so sweet when Henry posts smilies! :yay:

Oh yes, he loves the corn guy! :laughing: He has also recently grown fond of "laying down guy" :rotfl2: and "banana guy" :banana: :goodvibes

Brooke - I can hardly believe how big Henry is............... OMG
It seems like just yesterday you were preggers............ time sure does fly!!

He's such a cutie by the way!!!! :hug:

Thank you! Time really has flown by. On our next Disney trip he will already be THREE. :eek:

I am really enjoying all the pictures and it is getting me exciting for our first stay at AKL...less than 2 weeks. I am a little bummed that the pool might still be closed, but I guess I will have a chance to check out Kidani a little closer as we are doing a split stay there in October. One night in Kidani and 6 nights club level at Jambo House. I can't wait to do the sunrise safari, hopefully I can get DH up that early.

I am really enjoying all the pictures and it is getting me exciting for our first stay at AKL...less than 2 weeks. I am a little bummed that the pool might still be closed, but I guess I will have a chance to check out Kidani a little closer as we are doing a split stay there in October. One night in Kidani and 6 nights club level at Jambo House. I can't wait to do the sunrise safari, hopefully I can get DH up that early.

...wow, that sounds awesome - TWICE in one year!

Just popping in to say "HI" -:wave2:

I thought today was the day Floss headed "home"!!! Hope you and your sister have a great time, eat some domes for me and take tons of pics for all of us!!!! :goodvibes

Also............ WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO HOO
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thank you! Time really has flown by. On our next Disney trip he will already be THREE. :eek:

OMG - It's hard to believe he's almost 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where has the time gone?? He's too cute --- my "baby" is 10 - thinks he's in his 20's like his big brothers........... :rolleyes:

I thought today was the day Floss headed "home"!!! Hope you and your sister have a great time, eat some domes for me and take tons of pics for all of us!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the good wishes! We are leaving early tomorrow morning (my ticker thinks otherwise, but I rechecked my flight details, I am right! ;))!!

I promise to bring back many pictures for all of you!!

Have fun at the Superbowl!! :cool1:

Great pictures!!! Really makes me want to be there now.

Thanks for the good wishes! We are leaving early tomorrow morning (my ticker thinks otherwise, but I rechecked my flight details, I am right! ;))!!

Have a great trip!

GO SAINTS!!!! WHO DAT!!!

I was in New Orleans this past weekend and I've never seen a city more alive!!

party::jumping1:party:

My biggest regret was that I had to be on a plane heading to ATL during the game. :sad1:

If anyone is going soon can you please get the latest info on the pool closure. We are checking in 2 weeks from tomorrow.
Thanks!

You are Welcome - I hope you have good weather and again, have a great time!!!

Oh, and - "We" aren't going to the superbowl.............. our team is!!! LOL
I'm sure DH wishes he was going!!! He did get to go to a few games this year though............ but, he'll just have to be content watching from home!!!

GO SAINTS!!!! WHO DAT!!!

I was in New Orleans this past weekend and I've never seen a city more alive!!

party::jumping1:party:

My biggest regret was that I had to be on a plane heading to ATL during the game. :sad1:

Oh Lord............. it was crazy wasn't it!!!!! We KNOW how to party!!!! I'm so excited for MY Saints!!! WHO DAT NATION is going to invade Miami......... I hope they are ready!!!!

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

This thread is acting funny....I can't read it...:sad1: It keeps giving me an error...but I can post! :confused3 Anyone else having problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter