You Wanna Watch High School Musical AGAIN?!?!?!?!?!

First-timer said:
ok i went to the public library this morning and my dd 9 gave me a list of what she wanted ...... this was on the list.... high school musical....well i asked the librarian and we could not find it anywhere....so where can i find it?? is it only on tv? what channel? i searched for it and could not find it?? help????? vicki

It was a made for TV movie on the Disney Channel. From what I have read, it won't be out on DVD until May 23. So, your only chance of seeing it will be if/when they re-run it (which they tend to still do occasionally). Of course, I'm sure if you ask around one of her friends probably taped one of the versions (I seem to recall the regular one, a sing-along one and a dance-along one). They do have the music CD out though, don't know if your library would have that so she could at least listen to the music.

digskat said:
Oh come on guys we had the same thing only it was Grease or Dirty Dancing!!
It still can not be worse then having to listen to the same Patsy Cline Cd 22hr to WDW and 22hr home (thanks to Gramma...talk about CRAZY!!) When I bring this up Mom reminds me of the trip we took where she had to listen to MJ's Thriller there and back!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I read somewhere that High School Musical is the modern day Grease.

I like the music, just listening to DD do practically the entire movie word for word (or for that matter ME being able to do the entire movie word for word! :lmao: ) there is only so much my brain can take.

My 4 year old loves this movie. Its too cute watching her and her 2.5 year old sister doing the dance moves. We tivo'd the dance-along version and then put it on a DVD.

My 4 year old the night she watched it said the main character Troy looked like Luke Skywalker and she has a crush on him now too! :rotfl2: She was all giddy about it.

I didn't know they had a sing-along version.

My son who is 10 LOVES this movie. Now you have to understand that my son is the anti music, drama, dancing child. He is a sports fanatic, and everything in his life revolves around football. Playing it, watching it, preparing for it.
He knows every word to this movie, every song and every dance move! He even asked for (and received) the cd for his birthday.

This movie is great. I think it's the sports theming that "allows" my son to think it's so cool. I'm so grateful for it.

We will be first in line to buy the DVD.

I have to say I'm partly releaved to know my kids aren't the only ones obsessed with this movie. My two boys are 6 and 9 and one of them is always watching it :crazy:

My 8yo daughter LOVES it - every time she is in the car she has her Hello Kitty CD player w/ headset on - mouthing the entire thing. I'm relieved to see I'm not alone.....so sorry all.....

DD9 and most of her classmates are obsessed with HSM too! In fact, I must have been the only Mom who recorded it - and I wound up making about 6 copies of the movie for her friends. I bought the soundtrack from Itunes to download to her ROKR phone, and I think I made 6 or 7 CDs for her friends too.

Luckily the past week or so, we have been listening to the Lion King soundtrack in the car, but at least part of HSM is watched at some point every day!

I was sort of hoping Cow Belles was going to be as big of a hit, so there was something different to watch - but not so much - it was cute, but for sure not up there with HSM!

Is Cow Belles coming out on DVD or is it only on the Disney channel? We unfortunately only get Family Channel which shows a lot of Disney movies/ shows but I can't find this on their website just yet. Bummer!

Our dd (5) has been practicing with the CD all week to do a "show" for her grandparents this weekend. I can't get the songs out of my head!!

it seems "We're all in this together..." My DD's 6,4,and 3, and DS 14 all are obsessed too - and even though I complain about them watching it over and over, I still find myself watching too! One day my DH came home early and caught the rest of us dancing around the living room TV! :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

princess mom of 4 said:
it seems "We're all in this together..."

Want to know the saddest part about this? Now, whenever we hear that phrase *anywhere* it becomes a signal for her to start singing a bit of it. :rotfl2:

My daughter *loves* watching Full House reruns (yes, we live in a time warp at my house) and there was some scene where the guys were doing something and said "We're all in this together" - DD starts doing the HSM mini-song/dance for it.

I'm so glad to hear it's coming out on dvd. I will definitely get it. My dd will love it! Even her teacher told her to watch it. Sadly, we just have BASIC $7 cable and can't fathom paying $50/ month when we don't watch that much tv. But, we do watch tons of movies - I'll bet the dvd will have the sing along and dance along copies on it - don't you think. I'll get it for my dd7 for my dd2's 2nd b-day which is on May 24. We always give the older one something little for the baby's b-day, so this is perfect! Thanks, guys!

Ugghh... once was MORE than enough for me. I dont understand this obsession? Every girl in my school is obsessed (including MANY 8th graders, I go to a K-12 school), but I just dont see it!

i keep checking my cable and my daughter really wants to watch this and i cant find it..... i have comcast cable..... its only on the disney channel right? do you think it will be on again?? or be on dvd soon?? help...... vicki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter