You voted - we filmed! 5 minute video of the sights and sounds of Fort Wilderness!

WebmasterLeah

DIS Veteran
With our new "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World. After seeing the results of a poll on the camping board, we filmed one of our videos at Fort Wilderness. Take a break and watch the winning video below!

http://youtu.be/KuqoxFa9FGo

Loved the birds singing, makes me anxious for our April trip even more. Don't know what time of day this was filmed, but there wasn't a lot of action. Such a peaceful setting. :)

Made me want to be there! It was very quiet and serene! I had to smile when I heard the boat whistle blow. :) That is one of my favorite sounds at the Fort! Thanks Ed for requesting this bench video to be taped. It gives us that Fort-fix that we all sometimes need!:thumbsup2

I'll be there in October. Hven't been in 27 years. I sat alone on the couch last night and watched it with a goofy grin on my face! Excited to be there soon.

Love it too, good and bad also, for different reasons, good because we will be there mid April. :thumbsup2 Bad,well my Wife will not, she passed away in January from cancer. Her last wish was for us to go anyways no matter what in her honor, she was 45, we had planned this trip last year and she so wanted to live long enough for this last time, it wasn't to be, but she said that we have to go, it wasn't easy to decide knowing she wasn't going to be with us on the Disney adventure. Seeing this video, well, I lost it and almost canceled everything but my 3 boys want to go so much for Mommy... So we will be there, she will too. :)

Love it too, good and bad also, for different reasons, good because we will be there mid April. :thumbsup2 Bad,well my Wife will not, she passed away in January from cancer. Her last wish was for us to go anyways no matter what in her honor, she was 45, we had planned this trip last year and she so wanted to live long enough for this last time, it wasn't to be, but she said that we have to go, it wasn't easy to decide knowing she wasn't going to be with us on the Disney adventure. Seeing this video, well, I lost it and almost canceled everything but my 3 boys want to go so much for Mommy... So we will be there, she will too. :)

How lucky your boys are to have a dad so strong and loving. Yes, this will probably be one of the hardest things you will do, but (as you mentioned) you wife will be there with you..she will be watching over all of you and be present right along with you, helping you all get through this. They never really leave us..

Our thoughts are with you and your boys. We may be there around the same time..hope to maybe stop and say hello.

That's a touching post, storyteller. I don't know of an emoticon to add to that.

I will say that when I first saw the video I was a little disappointed. I had specified a suggested time for them to film so there would be some foot traffic (morning time heading to the boat for MK opening). It looks like it was filmed a little later in the morning.

I watched it a second time today. After reflection, I think I like it after all.

It has golf carts (what other resort has those?) :banana:

The birds sing through the ENTIRE vid. :hippie:

What looks like an older brother and younger brother are headed to the playground just off-camera to the left (you can see and hear them a little throughout the video). :hug:

You can hear two whistle toots during the scene. Maybe a bigger boat (left side of dock) coming in and then later leaving? :rolleyes1

The fact that not much else happened is exactly why I love the Fort. It is a place to RELAX while on vacation. Sit on the porch, unwind, and take it all in.

Bama ED

loved the video...so peaceful...
thanks to Pete and the guys for filming it for all of us to enjoy!

Peach

I was rocking in my desk chair :cloud9: :hippie: :flower3:

It reminded exactly of the morning after we arrived. After sleeping in a little DH, DD3 and I got up and went for a walk from our cabin in the 2100 loop to the settlement. We sat for a while on the Trails End porch taking in the atmosphere and pinching ourselves that we were finally there.

It has been over a year and I long to go back to Fort Wilderness. For 5 mins I was there again.

Great video! Perfect spot for sights and sounds. I loved the sound of birds and the horn of the boat to Magic Kingdom, and the sight of the quiet golf carts.

One thing I would have edited out was at the very begining (first two seconds) with a guy coughing loudly. But the rest of the video was very relaxing and wonderful and thanks for posting it.

That's a touching post, storyteller. I don't know of an emoticon to add to that.

I will say that when I first saw the video I was a little disappointed. I had specified a suggested time for them to film so there would be some foot traffic (morning time heading to the boat for MK opening). It looks like it was filmed a little later in the morning.

I watched it a second time today. After reflection, I think I like it after all.

It has golf carts (what other resort has those?) :banana:

The birds sing through the ENTIRE vid. :hippie:

What looks like an older brother and younger brother are headed to the playground just off-camera to the left (you can see and hear them a little throughout the video). :hug:

You can hear two whistle toots during the scene. Maybe a bigger boat (left side of dock) coming in and then later leaving? :rolleyes1

The fact that not much else happened is exactly why I love the Fort. It is a place to RELAX while on vacation. Sit on the porch, unwind, and take it all in.

Bama ED

I agree. Thanks..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter