You Thought 85 Ghosts Was Bad?

I don't know the real reason why the ghosts and fireworks numbers were increase for the green car quest. This is just speculation on my part and is probably just plain wrong. :confused3

If I understand things correctly, you only need to complete one of the car quests to move on to the next quest. I guess that means the other car quests are intended to be a challenge for those of us who like a good challenge. That's great in my opinion. The downside is many of us who like a good challenge decided to complete all four car quests as soon as we could. I'm guessing that sort of shut out some of the not so skilled players from completing only one quest. Haunted Mansion was slower than slow, booting players back to the lobby, disconnecting players and crashing. Fireworks wasn't much better. We all know those problems need to be fixed by VMK but clearly they haven't addressed them adequately. :badpc:

Assuming many of the not so skilled players are in the 8 to 14 age group, it would make a lot of sense to limit the quests in some way in order to prevent the experts from hogging the games. If this wasn't the reason for the changes, that goal has been achieved anyway. I have played many fireworks games today, scored barely above 240,000 and have ended up in first place almost every time. :surfweb:

So maybe they really did put a lot of thought into deciding to raise the requirements for the green car in order to allow the less skilled players to complete at least one quest. That doesn't explain why the requirements for the pink or yellow cars weren't increased but I do feel the green quest was causing more game hogging than the other quests. It took me just one or two games to get 45 ghosts compared to something like infinity times to get my 75 ghosts. Others had the same experience with fireworks, repeatedly playing in order to get 200,000 points. I'm guessing VMK received a lot of complaints about people hanging out in the Haunted Mansion lobby and setting up games to allow a person to catch their 75 ghosts. I'm also guessing many people who needed to get 75,000 points in the fireworks game complained because they couldn't make it to the third round due to the better players getting much higher scores.

I don't believe making the quests impossible is the correct answer but the Pollyanna in me hopes that the fireworks score requirement will be lowered soon after the demand for the Tomorrowland quests decreases significantly.

Again, this is just speculation on my part and is probably just plain wrong but I thought I'd paint a more rosy picture just to be different. :rotfl:

qruthie (the 'q' is silent but ruthie isn't!)

Okay,

I told her that I really enjoy the quests and that they are a lot of fun.

Hula: I am glad you are having fun.
Me: They have changed the green and yellow car quests.
Hula: I know.
Me: The new needed score in fireworks is almost not possible. We need a perfect score. Why has this requirement been made?
Hula: I know. And I cannot say why they did that.
Me: That score is basically impossible. Seems not fair.
Hula: They are looking at it. And do not be surprised if you see it change again.

And then? She dc!!! Seriously.

But, there you have it. Now, my question is: When she says, "they," isn't she part of "they"? Are hosts employees?

Anyway, at least there seems to be some indication that they may lower it. I did not get to finish my discussion with her due to dc, but, it is something - I guess.

I am going to wait to work on last two cars, not that I can get them now anyway - LOL!

GREAT NEWS!!! HOST_Phinny said that the score has been lowered to 230,000!!!!! Sorry, just had to say that, and with the amount of excitment that rushed through my veins when I heard that. It's possible!!! It's very possible!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *jumps for joy and stuff*

shadow pirate said:
GREAT NEWS!!! HOST_Phinny said that the score has been lowered to 230,000!!!!! Sorry, just had to say that, and with the amount of excitment that rushed through my veins when I heard that. It's possible!!! It's very possible!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *jumps for joy and stuff*

Oh good! Now can anyone confirm this yet in game? :goodvibes

Also, ghosts is back to 75!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Yes, someone just said they need "even ive" for the quest!

uh i need 85, they reset the quest....i had to do it all over again. :sad2:

230,000 or 280,000 doesn't make a difference to me. The most I ever got was just over 200,000. Oh well.

So i manage to get the 85 ghosts with a few extremely helpful players, and lose while trying to find the first atom because people stood on top of the atoms and I couldn't find them. It just so happened to bump me back to the 9th task, cathing 85 ghosts. This is me right about now: :furious:

Awesome! Glad to hear that! I talked to Red earlier today as well about it, and she didn't really say anything about it.

If it indeed is 280,000 I feel very bad for players that are not a good (like me) the better players will kick everyone that isn't PERFECT off the chart and back to the lobby.

Well maybe the really good players will not play fireworks for a while and let people earn their green car pins, that is, after they earn their own green car pins! :goodvibes

shadow pirate said:
So i manage to get the 85 ghosts with a few extremely helpful players, and lose while trying to find the first atom because people stood on top of the atoms and I couldn't find them. It just so happened to bump me back to the 9th task, cathing 85 ghosts. This is me right about now: :furious:

Same thing happened to me! The people who helped me were extremely nice! I can't thank them enough! I am so grateful they would stop what they were doing and volunteer to help! I was able to get 105 ghosts. With lifted hopes I excitingly continued on the quest lol. When I got to the monorail station and began looking for the atoms, someone stood on the first atom and did not move. The person was not responding to people either. Well, as we are timed, I missed out on it and now have to go play the one game on vmk I simply hate lol. Ah well...we have the rest of this month right? lol. :3dglasses

Yes! CDNMickey was kind enough to help me get my 45 ghosts; but when I got to the monorail station the people there were all *standing* on the atoms! Could not even find number two, so mad :rotfl2: Now bumped back to ghosts.

i would think the quests would be forever since you need the pins to get to the star trader shop

Yes! CDNMickey was kind enough to help me get my 45 ghosts; but when I got to the monorail station the people there were all *standing* on the atoms! Could not even find number two, so mad Now bumped back to ghosts.

Coriander, that same exact thing happened to me!!!! LOL People refused to move! So after a couple of times of that happening, before I clicked next task, I would give everyone the announcement LOL -- "OK people...if you are done with your task, please step away from the atom so others can have a chance to get it." LOL :rotfl2:

A Days~

dippydawg said:
Get this.

I got passed the 85 ghosts (thanks Disvaclub, daffypluto, SorcMickey, and Jellyrolls), and get to find the first atom.

It says that there is no time limit.

"Sweet!" I thought. I can take my time.

I walk over every square, sit in every chair, go against every rail...can't find it, when all of a sudden...

"Times up!". Go back to the ghosts.

Doesn't no time limit mean no time limit?!?

Wait. In virtual world, everything is fake . So virtual no time in virtual time is actually time.

Yeah, that makes sense.

ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Don't even get me started on the 300,000.

This happened to me several times. It said "no time" but it timed out anyway.

Once again I found these quests to be another typical event from VMK, full of flaws and half thought out ideas. They seem to be surprised that so many people (mostly kids in my opinion - you know the people the game was designed for) couldn't get the task clues but upset if too many passed the test.

Several of the quest took me over 20 and 30 hours to passed but it was totally due software glitzes that were beyond my control like the monorail not registing the fact I was there, and verious other tasks freezing up and not moving for over 20 minutes before dc.

Dianne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter