You Think You Have Problems?

Awesome! :thumbsup2

Not sure why everyone can't just enjoy it and have to pick it apart though. Go with it folks...just go with it...

I could be the ONLY one that feels that way!LOL:)

You're not. ;) I find the name tag thing more than a little creepy.

I've read so many times on here about parents teaching their little ones to go to one of those name tags if they ever get separated. I'm glad we've always been a little more specific with our son on which type of CMs to ask for help, I guess. I wouldn't want him running up to a disney obsessed guest. No offense to the OP. I don't think you're trying anything like that, but who knows what the other guy might have in mind.. KWIM? I don't like the idea of guests abusing these to avoid a "hassle" or to sneak backstage. Have you ever been approached by a guest for help while wearing it?

Disney is really okay with a guest wandering around with an official name tag? With the stuff on here about not impersonating a CM or adults wearing princess dresses, it just seems a bit off to me. What happens to the tags when a CM quits?

I'll admit it, I wish I were you. My family already thinks i'm a disney nerd (total compliment in my mind), but I would love to be on your level!! Man, I need to move to Florida!!!

Some people sit in front of the computer at home and post about Disney, but Anthony LIVES Disney!!!!!! lol!!!!
Maybe a takeoff on "Those who can, do. Those who can't, post on the Dis" ?

I say this as someone who has over 2000 posts, BTW. I would so love to be able to be at Disney that much!

OT:I do admit, it's annoying to me that almost every time we have a fun, lighthearted post on here, the negative Nancies and the paranoid come out. You'd think that every second person is a child molester, a kidnapper, a thief, or a terrorist. Once the OP mentioned the name tag, I knew it was over. Sheesh!

Yeah, I understand what you're saying, and when put that way, it does sound creepy. I never pose as a cast member to get away with anything, and I NEVER do it around visitors or guests. I do have a couple of real name tags that are actually issued to cast members. One with my actual name, Anthony, and old name tags from when family members used to work there. I also have the unofficial ones you can buy on Ebay. The name tag doesn't go on until regular park operating hours are over with, and it just helps me to not get rushed out of the park as I take an EXTREMELY long time leaving. Again, I don't wear the name tag to break rules, as I said before, I don't want to say much about it and get myself (or others) in trouble, but I do have actual cast members as friends, by wearing the nametag I 'look the part' from a distance, and I can stay back and hang out for a while. Some of these people are area managers, and they don't mind. So, I don't see it as breaking any rules. It's not like i'm using the nametags to sneak backstage or anything.

When I do sneak a peek backstage, it has nothing to do with nametags.

If it wasn't safe, trust me, I wouldn't be doing it. The last thing I want to do is get in trouble and be kicked out of my favorite place on earth. So, that's it, i'm not saying anymore about this one.

Thanks for responding. I'm glad you're not wearing it out around guests. That could really confuse a child. So thank you for that. If you're not breaking any rules, you shouldn't have any worries about getting in trouble though. ;) I'm not going to think about it anymore..

Have fun at WDW!

Thanks, Anthony! You made my Disney obsession feel normal!!!
If you have any single, disney loving friends on the East Coast, send them my way!!!
princess:

ps-I'm jumpin' on your Facebook bandwagon!!

I may not be as "Obsessvie" as you are about Disney, but...I DO have a Mickey Head Tile embedded in the tile floor of my bedroom....;) It was made from a luggage tag, and is black....I also have a Dog named Mickey, he's a Dachshund, and a Female Dachshund named Lady...I also have 2 nametags, one I got back in 1977 and the other about 11 years ago, although one says Guest of Honor and the other has Pooh on it...some people ask if I work at the Parks, others ask for directions to the bathrooms..which I give them.;) I am sure if there was a lost child and they came up to me, I would IMMEDIATELY INFORM a REAL CAST MEMBER! So, no its not creepy...:rolleyes1

This was years ago when WDW was selling name tags with your name engraved on them - so I got one and wore it. Just thought it would be fun as that was the point. CM's might acknowledge you, etc.

What ended up happening was that many CM's thought I was another CM. When I talked with them about it almost all of them said "Well, it is a different color but I thought you were a visiting CM from Disneyland, CA." Or, "I thought you might be in a department that had different colored badges." (The badge was red and had Mickey on it.) I was surprised how many CM's didn't know these were for sale to the guests.

I also had a number of guests stop me and ask general park questions. I just answered them and moved along as it was easier that way. I was with my sister but she is very quiet and likes to stay in the background so I think sometimes I might have looked like I was by myself. Although I dress decently, I was not in any type of uniform.

After that trip I decided I really didn't want to be stopped and asked questions when we had our own plans or be viewed as a CM when I wasn't so I stopped wearing it. I guess that tells me I wouldn't want to be a front line CM. :)

I know disney quit making the badges for guests so there must have been some concerns with regular guests being confused with CM's.

Anyhow, to OP, I got that your list was intended to be humorous. Btw, how does one listen to 600 songs???? lol!

Impressive list, yes, and I have to admit I'm jealous of number 1 (as I live in the UK!) But why do you feel the need to be in such competition with everyone about being the biggest Disney fan...

Some people are massive Disney fans but don't feel the need to claim so many bragging rights about it :confused3

Sometimes it's not about how many books you have, or how many movies you own. It's about the love you have in your heart and soul for Disney and everything that comes with it! :cool2:

Anthony, We know you have love in your heart and soul for Disney :thumbsup2

PS.... I Love your list :goodvibes

What do you include in your list of E-ticket attractions for no. 14? It hardly seems possible to do all that in one day.

If you ever need someone to go to the parks with I am over in Clermont. /wave.

As to your obsession its ok. It will all be ok as long as you live here. You would go crazy living anywhere else with that kind of obsession but you live in central Florida.

7. I have been to Mexico, and I have been to the Mexico pavilion at EPCOT. I prefer EPCOT.

12. I drink Coke and use Kodak film because they are sponsors at Disney (I do, in all reality love Coca-Cola)

Love these the most! My husband works for Coca-cola but I am fairly certain my loyalty to the brand has more to do with Disney than the paycheck they provide us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter