You KNOW you want to come to the UK Pete!

wishspirit

When you wish upon a star!
I can even give you a guided tour around the Gay Capital of the UK (where i go to Uni).

Appart from the terrible weather, its great fun to visit!:goodvibes

Going to Disneyland Paris can be expensive (although i went on a student budget). You are totally right, the hotels were fine, but the meals were SO expensive!

Also Walts isn't open out of season, so although it is much cheaper to not go during the summer holidays, you don't get the fireworks, some of the parades or some of the resturants. However you don't need to speak french, all Cast members can speak at least 2 languages, and most can speak English. Most of the rides are dubbed in English, and with some basics you can do ok.

You will also be really shocked about how characters are treated in France, not big on the host aspect, and they get mobbed, even out of peak time.

This reminds me i should REALLY do my trip report from Sept :rolleyes1

I'm shocked to hear that Walt's American Restaurant isn't open year round. When we went, it was October and it was open.

While a trip to Europe is definitely not cheap, I don't think prices fluctuate all that much. Actually, now with the bad worldwide economy, there are some pretty good deals on airfare and hotels.

Here's my problem...if my family goes overseas, we want to go during a timeframe where we can stay for at least three weeks and tour as many countries as possible as it will probably be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us. Why is that a problem, you ask? Because that means the only time we can travel is during our kids' summer break Jun-Aug and the prices are even higher! I've been researching this for awhile now and feel the best option will be a cruise as we will know upfront that our lodging and most of our meals are covered -- so I'll watch and wait for the right time to book. :thumbsup2

A cruise is definitely a great way to see Europe to save money. Just remember that you will only get a few hours in each port and you will be missing out on a lot of things in the big cities.

Also, you won't be able to see Paris or Disneyland Paris while on a cruise because they're inland.

If you're going in the summer months, I suggest you plans and make your reservations as early as possible to get the lowest rates. As the dates get closer to your trip, you can continue to check on hotel prices to see if they've gone down.

Here's my problem...if my family goes overseas, we want to go during a timeframe where we can stay for at least three weeks and tour as many countries as possible as it will probably be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us. Why is that a problem, you ask? Because that means the only time we can travel is during our kids' summer break Jun-Aug and the prices are even higher! I've been researching this for awhile now and feel the best option will be a cruise as we will know upfront that our lodging and most of our meals are covered -- so I'll watch and wait for the right time to book. :thumbsup2

You can all come and stay with me Lisa - in my castle in Scotland :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter