You know you have the WDW gene when

jcb

always emerging from hibernation
You look through "old" family photos and get very excited because you found the Guide Books (yes, these are booklets) from 1989 (when I first visited WDW).

I just thought this group could relate. DW will think I'm nuts but then she married me knowing I had the gene.

I'm totally with you Jack! DH hadn't even been to Disney and I "made" him marry me there. It's definitely a gene - I didn't even know I had it when I was kid but the Disney gene drew me in like a bug to light. I can totally relate to being excited about finding the guide books from '89! Enjoy your memories :goodvibes

Disney is in my blood too. Never been to WDW though, only DLR.

I made my parents get out their old photos of going to Disneyland when they were young. And the ones of us as a family in the 70's and 80's. It is fun to see how much the park has changed over the years. And I got very excited when my parents gave me an old 1960's menu they had from the Blue Bayou. All of the items are no more than a dollar or two. Now if only I could remember where I put that time machine...;)

It is a gene - I completely agree. My mom passed it to me, though it's been magnified exponentially. :rolleyes1 She spent years planning and saving to take us twice when we were kids, and then once as adults. This past trip with her along was great.

Now I've passed it on to my kids! DD listens to Radio Disney and tells all her friends about how they need to go to WDW. My older DS looks constantly at the park maps, planning our next trip. And my youngest DS was watching me drink out of the Mike from Monsters, Inc. mug this morning, and insisted that I raise the cup up so he could see "Rella's House" - the castle stamped on the bottom that says it's an "authentic theme park" item. :laughing:

I knew I had the gene when I started looking at YouTube videos of the WDW propaganda channels just to ease the pain of not going back for a while. Do you think I did this for an hour? No. I did it ALL DAY. And it does not end there.

You are not alone, Jack. I feel sorry for my future husband.

Y'all are nuts!! But then aren't we all?;) :cool1: For some of us, it's literally in the blood, just not close enough even to get a discount.:mad:

I think I've always had the gene. my first trip to wdw was in sept 2007 and I was born and lived for 3 years in Costa Mesa California.I lived 20 min from DLP, but I do not remember any of those trips when I was young. DBF and I were going to try to save $ and not go on vaca this year, but we got to talking about our previous trip this past November and his mom brought out booklets from 1993/1994 and we decided to go back back this October.

In relation to DBFs 90's trip: he had told me a story that while he was on that trip that he turned to his parents and said that he would love to marry someone and go to wdw for a honeymoon. His parents reply was "good luck finding a girl that would do that." Lo and behold he met me and only time will tell if that will happen.

Sorry so long winded.

I don't remember an age at which I didn't want to visit WDW. Didn't actually go until I was grown, but have always has the gene.

Definitely a gene. I always loved Disney, but it wasn't until I was an adult and had control over when/how often we went that I truly became obsessed.

I have been in love with Disney World since the first time I saw it when I was 10. I have now passed that gene on to my kids, they love it as much as I do. My son has said on many occasions "It smells like Disney World"...:lmao: I love that boy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter