You know you are getting close to a Disney trip when.....

When you start to think of what to do first once you enter each park, and you lose sleep over it.

When you can almost taste the food that you are looking at on the food board.

When you check the mail box everyday expecting something from Disney.

When you think about Disney 24/7, and you want to be here reading about it instead of doing anything else.

When you start to get that funny feeling in the pit of your stomach and you anticipate all of the fun you are about to have. :goodvibes

You know your getting close when:
1. You refer to the sales clerk at Walmart as a CM
2. You ask your family which adr they want for dinner and your still at home
3. You get excited when you visit the isle at Target that has all the travel
size items
4. Your countdown timer and homemade calender are almost at "0"!!!

The knobs on my dryer look kind of like a Mickey head.

I am actually wishing my summer away

I now think in terms of 3 wks from today I'll be leaving tomorrow

3 wks from tomorrow I'll be in Magic Kingdom

I make weekly trips to Target to get the last minute supplies

When the links on the paper chain get shorter and shorter and you find yourself counting down ALL DAY LONG!!! One month exactly from today!!!!!!

you know you wish you were already there when...
you laugh at all of these posts because you know you are that person!

:cheer2:In order:
1. Park hours are posted for your trip
2. You get to make your ADRs
3. You make a to-do, a to-pack and a to-buy list
3. You pull out last year's stuff to make sure you don't forget stuff this year
4. You plan out the week before (laundry, pet sitting, groceries)
Then you realize it's still 90 days away!
5. Co-workers start asking how close it is because you keep humming Disney tunes

Packing gets its own "close" list a week out
1. You pull out the suitcases and pack (7 days)
2. You open the suitecases after laundry is done and switch out your clothes, this is the the "do I need this?" point (6 days)
3. Then you assess how much room it leaves for a new friend (of the sutff variety) (5 days)
4. Repack again, for the friend you forgot to pack and add back in half the stuff you took out, "just in case" (2 days)
5. Beg DH to put some stuff in his bag (2 days)
6. Realize he hasn't started yet (2 days)
7. Pour a glass of wine while he runs around, yelling out items he needs (T minus 8 hours till bed the day before)
8. Then as he gets to his assessment of "does he have room for a new friend", begin begging for space.
9. Still begging
10. Space is granted! And it is T minus 2 hours before bedtime the night before :-)
11. Close suitcases and flop into bed!

...you get paid biweekly so you count by paychecks to make it seem closer. After tomorrow's payday I have 3 to go.:banana::rotfl2::grouphug::cheer2::laundy:

Looking to see what the long term forecast is. Planning for alternatives in case it's raining alot. :thumbsup2

I know when we are getting close when...........
I dont know what to do with myself!!!
my ARD's are done
my touring plan is done
packing list done
garden grocer done
misc. shopping done
I have done as much packing as I can do with only 18 days left!!!

Now I just sit on disboards all night reading posts like these...:goodvibes

I have to tell myself before i start my day to NOT talk about Disney!!!! I am sure I drive people crazy, because I can turn any conversation to Disney!!:rotfl: It is a problem really and truly!!!:goodvibes

Goodness me, I am exactly the same....I am very conscience of doing this!!!!!

When I hook up my computer to my 47 inch LCD TV screen to blow up disboards page and smile and think "THAT´S WHAT I WAS THINKING!" when reading this precise post! :happytv:

Marquibiri

I have to tell myself before i start my day to NOT talk about Disney!!!! I am sure I drive people crazy, because I can turn any conversation to Disney!!:rotfl: It is a problem really and truly!!!:goodvibes

:lmao::rotfl2:OMG That is totally how I feel too. Im sure everyone in my dept. at work is tired of hearing about my "itineraries", how excited I am,(1st trip to WDW) all the questions I ask my co-workers who have been there, etc...Poor things I need to bring somthing good back for them.

I know when we are getting close when...........
I dont know what to do with myself!!!
my ARD's are done
my touring plan is done
packing list done
garden grocer done
misc. shopping done
I have done as much packing as I can do with only 18 days left!!!

Now I just sit on disboards all night reading posts like these...:goodvibes

I hear you Nan214!!!

Im jealous you will be there before me! ;)

It is ten days out and you actually think about packing things you will need at home but dont want to forget to take them to Disney. Example: I can live without a razor until we get there lol.

Your DH has developed a special "look" for when you say "only ________ more days, and you know what I am gonna do first?".

Your kids have already made posters for the camper and decorated their "rooms" (bunks) with Mickey items.

When some one says anything that even remotely reminds you of WDW you start squealing and look at your DH to see if it is ok to scream a little louder.

You've not only made ADRs but you have also used youtube to watch people eat at each place, you've picked what you are going to eat from the website's menus all the way down to the snacks. Heck, I have even pre-figured what the tips should be since we are pretty sure of what we will eat.

People start measuring your arms for a one-armed jacket...

You have actually set your cell to wake you up on 8/1 at 12:01am so you can say outloud to yourself "I'm doing to Disney next month":rotfl2:

All of this is so true. I don't think anybody else but people on the DIS will ever understand why we do these things!

For me, every time I go to the store (many times weekly), I walk slowly through each aisle thinking to myself, "Which of these things should I take to Disney?" and soon I end up with a cart full of stuff to find room in the suitcases for! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter