You just have to shake your Head

paloma91

PrincessPaloma on VMK
This is not a rant. Kind of funny actually. I started in on a mansion game. (So good to be back to a whole body and still play with speed) I always start the game by saying gl for good luck. The other player said " yeah, Whatever" I thought that was strange. and a little while later he said, "I am not going to wish you luck" He won first round. I ended it with gg for good game" Second round comes. I again say gl, he ignores it. I start getting ahead of him in points he comes up with some not nice words and then says" I will fix you. I am leaving hahaha" and leaves the game. It had to be a young kid in body or mind. Who knows. Like I said in the title, You just have to shake your head.

Well, at least you didn't get a psycho girl telling you at the beginning of
Round 2 that you've been reported. :confused3

I found it odd that she was saying, "Get down here!" while I went upstairs to
catch some ghosts. Then it made a little more sense that she thought I
did something that deserved to be reported. :laughing:

I told her she couldn't report in the middle of a game. And she responded
that she would report me AFTER the game. Ok...

And then I told her to be a good sport and just play the game. And that
false reporting would get her banned. To much shock and amazement, she
did not quit the game on me! She must have really wanted some
credits. ;)

Mansion became my main credit earner in the last year as I realized I can't tolerate the new fireworks physically (it makes me dizzy and makes my eyes hurt) or emotionally (I miss my old game! :sad1: ), and I too have seen some of the nastiness Pirates is known for flooding into Mansion more and more. Especially the last couple weeks, I've seen a lot of head shaking things. Bad language, bad sportsmanship, and just plain nastiness. That is why I rarely play pirate: and yet now the Mansion is getting worse too from what I've seen.

This is all exactly why I prefer games where I don't have to talk to anyone or work with anyone. :sad2: In fireworks, if everyone quits, you can still play whereas in Mansion it just stops after that round. We need another decent paying game that does not involve teams, chat, or making it so people who leave games intentionally can penalize the other player/team.

Anyway, sorry that happened to you but know you are not alone. :hug:

Thanks for sharing, BriarRosie. OMG yours is worse than mine. I can't believe some ppl. (Look, I am reverting to VMK "Speak" LOL. After that I had a really nice, fun and funny game with a player. It was great. All things balanced out. GLove those credits. So glad I figured out how to play mansion. So much better on the "pocket" than POTC.

Oh don't worry. It really didn't upset me. Just thought I'd share a little of what happened today.

I totally agree, SorcererDonald. We do need another paying game. They reworked Mansion so we can play with speed again. It would be nice if they had atleast one more. I still haven't been able to do anything in fireworks yet. I try from time to time but really don't even have fun at it

Mansion is my game of choice. I started seeing some of the less than pleasant behavior in October when the crates were given to the winning team. It seems to come and go. I do think some (not all) say it as a joke.

Along with many other things~I have been wished "bad luck". When the other player says something negative I try to get them with kindness I generally say something like:
Thanks!
You are such a good sport.
You are so thoughtful and kind.

At the very least it makes me laugh. :rotfl: Then, I ignore them and earn credits and move on to the next game.

When players say they are going to leave I often remark that they must be rich to give up the credits earned in the first round. It is surprising how many stay when I bring up that point. ;)

Hang in there! The number of kind people I have met playing mansion far outweighs the few rude ones.

Happy

Ok Here's A New Game Idea A Frontierland Shooting Gallery Game The targets move and you have to shot them by clicking them with your mouse and it's would go like this P.S the rounds last for a minute each

1st Round
red target : 1 credit
green target : 5 credits
blue target : 10 credits
targets move slowly

2nd Round
red target : 10 credits
green target : 20 credits
blue target : 30 credits
targets are at the medium speed

3rd Round
red target : 50 credits
green target : 75 credits
blue target : 100 credits
targets would be moving very fast

and with each round only lasting a minute it is good for the player and vmk : vmk doesn't have to worry about everyone becoming super rich off the game becuase of the difficulty for higher credits and time in the round : the player has a short game that would be fun but an easier way to earn more credits

VMK NEEDS THIS GAME ANYONE AGREE????

Mansion is my only major credit maker...and I agree, we see a lot of not-so-nice people in game. One of my funniest? Game starts and I say GL and so this boy says GL and then... "I am the master at this game" I know then it's got to be some kid, so I just say "cool." If he really was the master he could easily beat me, lol, but actually he kept up pretty close to my score for the first round and then took the second round bc he asked can we go "tree rounds." We get to the last round and I say GL and within a few seconds he begging me to let him win. If he had caught ghosts instead of wasting time typing he probably would have beat me anyway :rotfl: but I figured it would be more helpful to tell him "the credits from tree rounds are great either way, win or lose, so gl" and he said "true!" and stepped it up. Turned out to be a decent game but it cracked me up that he started out with bragging that he was master of the game and in the end was begging me to let him win.

I admit, it gets annoying to have ppl say some mean things but I try to just ignore it and not respond to it. Even more so annoying when they quit, but at least I still get my credits when that happens. And I do sometimes purposely let ppl win just bc really all I want is to go the full game and get my full credits. Recently I did THREE rounds with a girl, she and I were pretty close in points and it was a good game and I was thinking wow good credits....at the last few seconds she says "bye bye" and quits bc I was ahead by ONE ghost. She gave up three rounds worth of credits and wasted her time playing three rounds only to quit so I wouldn't get a whopping 40 credit bonus? :laughing:

Anyway, if anyone is looking to play sometime with someone who won't say mean things and won't quit out, just let me know, it'd be so much nicer to play with ppl from here to earn those credits!

Ok Here's A New Game Idea A Frontierland Shooting Gallery Game The targets move and you have to shot them by clicking them with your mouse and it's would go like this P.S the rounds last for a minute each

1st Round
targets move slowly

2nd Round

3rd Round

and with each round only lasting a minute it is good for the player and vmk : vmk doesn't have to worry about everyone becoming super rich off the game becuase of the difficulty for higher credits and time in the round : the player has a short game that would be fun but an easier way to earn more credits

That sounds cool
I need some better credit earners lol
Fireworks takes too long
Mansion has too much lag
Pirates is alright but it don't give enough lol
Jungle cruise is completely pointless

Anyway, if anyone is looking to play sometime with someone who won't say mean things and won't quit out, just let me know, it'd be so much nicer to play with ppl from here to earn those credits!

I'm always down for that! My VMK name is AvastSmilee, I'll see if I can catch you on sometime! I just want credits, I don't care about the piddly 40 credits for winning. ;)

This is not a rant. Kind of funny actually. I started in on a mansion game. (So good to be back to a whole body and still play with speed) I always start the game by saying gl for good luck. The other player said " yeah, Whatever" I thought that was strange. and a little while later he said, "I am not going to wish you luck" He won first round. I ended it with gg for good game" Second round comes. I again say gl, he ignores it. I start getting ahead of him in points he comes up with some not nice words and then says" I will fix you. I am leaving hahaha" and leaves the game. It had to be a young kid in body or mind. Who knows. Like I said in the title, You just have to shake your head.

You, my dear, have the patience of a saint! :worship: Not sure I could have gotten out that "gg" after that first round.... :teeth:

1st Round
targets move slowly

2nd Round

3rd Round

Absolutely!

I wonder also why there are so many Bad sports at mansion and at pirate games, some days it seems the bad sports out weigh the good! But by the comments here, you all deserve a pat on the back for letting it roll off your sleeve and being more kind,then some of these rude players deserve.

It would be nice if we could have another game that does not require another player, to acquire points.

Someday's it is very frustrating to put up with the rude behavior of "some" others, to play well ,and have them bail out at the last moment. ARG!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Along the same lines I was called a "cheater" at the end of a round one this morning. I responded with "LOL" as I thought he was just being funny. I won the round within the last 2 seconds. He starts the second round with "Cheater" after I wish "gl". So, there went any chance of going tree rounds, lol. We end up in the lobby together, and he again says "Cheater", I say "Sorry you lost." He disappears. LoL.

But that got me thinking, how can you cheat in Mansion? The only thing I can think of is I said "gg" with about 15 seconds left in round 1 with him winning, but then the opportunity presented itself and I ended up winning. Does saying "gg" early now mean that you are concededing the round? :confused3 idk?

As far as I'm concerned anything goes until the timer runs out...LOL!

But that got me thinking, how can you cheat in Mansion? The only thing I can think of is I said "gg" with about 15 seconds left in round 1 with him winning, but then the opportunity presented itself and I ended up winning. Does saying "gg" early now mean that you are concededing the round? :confused3 idk?

I get called a cheater in pirates all the time. There is no way to cheat in either ghost or pirates... They shout that out simply because they cannot admit to themselves that they actually lost a game because their performance was not played out as well as yours. They'd much rather blame the other person than take a look at themselves.

Only a poor sport will shout out "cheater" at the end of a game. Remember that. It has nothing to do with how you played the game.

I get called a cheater in pirates all the time. There is no way to cheat in either ghost or pirates... They shout that out simply because they cannot admit to themselves that they actually lost a game because their performance was not played out as well as yours. They'd much rather blame the other person than take a look at themselves.

Only a poor sport will shout out "cheater" at the end of a game. Remember that. It has nothing to do with how you played the game.

Well said!! :thumbsup2

And although I'll admit it's fun to chat in the game when your playing with friends (like in pirates when I play so badly I'm telling my friends omg sorry LOL) I would not miss the chat feature in games at all. I think it would take the "fun" away from those mean spirited ppl who like to sling insults during the games.

u no i could just remember everytime i play pirates with bear there is always rude ppl but dont get me wrong i no kids r on vmk and all of tht but its funny when we are playing i killed the person and he was like u stink and bear said just bc she shot u it means she stinks but me and bear try to tell them its just a game but they dont listen but we laugh about it in the end.. hehe sorry if this was about mansion....
- sunset :)

Well, at least you didn't get a psycho girl telling you at the beginning of
Round 2 that you've been reported. :confused3

I found it odd that she was saying, "Get down here!" while I went upstairs to
catch some ghosts. Then it made a little more sense that she thought I
did something that deserved to be reported. :laughing:

I told her she couldn't report in the middle of a game. And she responded
that she would report me AFTER the game. Ok...

And then I told her to be a good sport and just play the game. And that
false reporting would get her banned. To much shock and amazement, she
did not quit the game on me! She must have really wanted some
credits. ;)

Wait what'd you do?

DD12 and I have been playing VMK for a little more than a week. We are just about getting the hang of the games, the credits, the quests, etc.

This evening I had a great time playing HM. I am sure I was playing against another adult or a very mature teen. So polite. It was almost like playing with a partner. I'm sure he was really better than me, but he let me win round two so we could go to three. I thought it was so nice when he said let's do another game, good for the credits. No nastiness and we both walked away with over 1000 credits for two games.

But I've already encountered those bad guys too.

And then there's the beggars. :mad: Someone asked to trade with my DD on her first day, claiming poverty, and she gave him her red santa hat. :sad1: I know she has to learn not to trust everyone, but I felt bad for her. After that I gave her a link to read about VMK scammers.

OH! I have one for you. Anyone do one of the ride a thons and see players just hanging out where you exit the ride with your prize?!! They were begging for what you had and trying to justify their begging by saying they were poor and needed what you had? I never really notice them until this last ride a thon. ( I haven't been here that long through too many of these)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter