• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You had quite the trip, didn't you? June 2019 Completed 12/4! New TR Link 1/19!

Day 3 Part 3 Saturday June 15th

Finally, it was time to use our Space Mountain anytime fastpass!

Another fun ride on Space Mountain!

After Space Mountain we decided it was time to head out of the Magic Kingdom!

We somehow had stayed later than I had anticipated and was looking forward to settling in at the Grand and enjoying our room before dinner! But first, a quick stop at the Confectionery to use up our last two snack credits!

We decided to try out the boat over to the Grand Floridian since we had never taken the boat there.

We were walking up as they were loading and were a couple of the last people let on. And what a quick ride! It was so nice to be over to the Grand Floridian in about five minutes!

Goodbye old home !

Hello new home!

Vlog for Magic Kingdom and Skipper Canteen below! Enjoy!

What a fun day at MK! Despite the Space Mountain breakdown and the heavier than expected crowds, still sounds like you guys had a good time!

What a fun day at MK! Despite the Space Mountain breakdown and the heavier than expected crowds, still sounds like you guys had a good time!

Yeah it was still a great day! We didn't care too much what we rode but I definitely was taking note of just how many things were breaking down! It was kinda crazy lol

I’m excited to hear about your GF stay, was it club level also? What a fun day at MK! Our August trip in 2018 had so many breakdowns at MK, it was a real bummer!

We found a couple fast pass lines this week were CRAZY long.

I think the pineapple/passion fruit sangria at SC is the BRST on property!!! Love it!

Tell me more about the super zoom cameras!!!!

Pineapple sangria sounds delicious! I'm said I missed it- I had no idea they were even doing a not so secret menu lol.

That was great of the CM to come scan your FPs in the line! Mike and I got into an argument one time at Dinosaur because I was trying to tell him not to scan in early and use an anytime FP and the CM told him it didn't matter that he was early and he listened to her not me :rotfl:

I would DEFINITELY eat here again. Possibly even just ordering a couple of appetizers to share. On those hot, hot days it is so nice to get to sit down, relax, enjoy the a/c and have some yummy food!
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, even if the entrees left some to be desired. I'd think appetizers would be a great idea, especially if you would return sometime and not be on the dining plan.
Wouldn’t you know that he lost it after using it once? Lol He had it before BTMR and by the time we got off it was gone. Husbands, am I right?
Well, it is the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness...
(PS How do you get a cute pic before the ice cream melts EVERYWHERE lol)
Get it late at night during MVMCP.
Now we still had the grace period to use our fastpass however, if you have an anytime fastpasses and you use a grace period, the anytime fastpass will get used. So we would be giving up a Space Mountain fastpass for Jungle Cruise and I was not okay with that! I had Dan hold our place in line and asked a cast member if there was any way we could scan our fastpasses right then instead of when we reached the turnstiles. We’d go back to our place in line or even the end of the fastpass line, we just didn’t want to use our anytime fastpass. She was super awesome about it and had just learned that that was even a thing so she thankfully knew what I was talking about. She was able to bring an ipad to where we were in line to scan our fastpasses, which was a huge help! So it never hurts to ask!
Good info! I'm glad that they were able to help you out with that.
I had a terrible time figuring out which dot was mine.
::yes:: Always a struggle.
e were walking up as they were loading and were a couple of the last people let on. And what a quick ride! It was so nice to be over to the Grand Floridian in about five minutes!
That's great! Having quick transportation like that is a huge benefit.

I’m excited to hear about your GF stay, was it club level also? What a fun day at MK! Our August trip in 2018 had so many breakdowns at MK, it was a real bummer!

Yes it was club level!! It was originally the only thing we had booked since we were supposed to fly in this morning and stay until Monday night. I wasn't able to get the whole stay at GF when I extended the trip but I definitely didn't want to cancel because it was such a good price and a bucketlist stay for me!

Yeah I was honestly shocked by all of the breakdowns! Like I said it was fine for us because we go so often and actually caused us to have a ton of anytime fastpasses but it was still just crazy!

We found a couple fast pass lines this week were CRAZY long.

Yeah I feel like Disney broke FP lol but then if you are in standby you just end up watching the super long FP line blow by so its still necessary!

I think the pineapple/passion fruit sangria at SC is the BRST on property!!! Love it!

SO GOOD!

Tell me more about the super zoom cameras!!!!

This one is in MK to the right of the castle like in the dessert party plaza area! There should be a CM there to assist you and initiate the photo! There's also one in DHS SWGE across from the milk stand!

Pineapple sangria sounds delicious! I'm said I missed it- I had no idea they were even doing a not so secret menu lol.

Maybe we just got lucky?? They handed it to us when we got our normal menu! Unless maybe only certain people get them? Whatever the case, they should make it permenant because everything was super good that we got!

That was great of the CM to come scan your FPs in the line! Mike and I got into an argument one time at Dinosaur because I was trying to tell him not to scan in early and use an anytime FP and the CM told him it didn't matter that he was early and he listened to her not me :rotfl:

I was super worried that might happen when I explained the situation! Especially since we only had like 3 minutes to even figure it all out I was like if she looks at me like I'm crazy we are screwed lol DH has learned long ago that I usually know more than the CMs hahaha I would have definitely been mad using an anytime on Dinosaur!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, even if the entrees left some to be desired. I'd think appetizers would be a great idea, especially if you would return sometime and not be on the dining plan.

I mean it was nice to try them and not have to pay the full bill haha but I would definitely order a lot less not on the dining plan! DH and I do like to try a bunch of different flavors at meals so the dining plan does kinda work out well for us since we get to try so many different things!

Well, it is the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness...

Haha true!!

Get it late at night during MVMCP.

Lol but then its dark out and not as photogenic! Instagram probs haha

Good info! I'm glad that they were able to help you out with that.
::yes:: Always a struggle.

Yeah I mean it was our fault for cutting it so close but it definitely took longer than it should have to get over there and I don't understand how some of the FP lines are always so backed up! Especially JC!

That's great! Having quick transportation like that is a huge benefit.

It was very nice!! DH loves when we get to take the boats. We did get worried walking up that a storm was coming that would stop them but thankfully it didn't!

We were switching resorts today so while Dan finished packing up I enjoyed some last views on our balcony.
Such a pretty view 😍

I was a bit worried about this process having never done it before (and the fact that we will be using the service three times in September!) but it was way easier than I ever expected! I’m sure if we needed our luggage earlier in the day it may have been an issue but our luggage made it to the Grand before we did so all was well!
Is it complimentary? Just tips?

We stopped for some pics on Main Street of course.
Cute!! Is that a skort dress??

and ordered the Pineapple sangria. Mine was SO GOOD
YUMMMMM that sounds perfect right now.

We made our way over to Big Thunder Mountain next only to find the longest FP line in existence. Or at least what felt like it!
Yikes it's the worst when the FP is long.

but these worked really well and were on theme!
So cute, where did you find them?

Husbands, am I right?
alice shrug.gif

We got stopped a couple of times which was cool since we were in rooms I feel like I normally miss details!
Wow that's a really good clear picture for such a dark room!

She was super awesome about it and had just learned that that was even a thing so she thankfully knew what I was talking about. She was able to bring an ipad to where we were in line to scan our fastpasses, which was a huge help! So it never hurts to ask!
THANK YOU KIND CMs!!

I really wish they would at least give each gun in the car different laser colors!
This. Is. Genius.

After Space Mountain we decided it was time to head out of the Magic Kingdom!
Oh I love that photo with the balloons! I seriously love your camera and your eye.

A little before 11 I called down to bell services to have them come up and grab our luggage to transfer over to the Grand Floridian. It was quick and painless and definitely a lot easier than transferring the luggage ourselves! I was a bit worried about this process having never done it before (and the fact that we will be using the service three times in September!) but it was way easier than I ever expected! I’m sure if we needed our luggage earlier in the day it may have been an issue but our luggage made it to the Grand before we did so all was well!

While walking to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary was fun the first day, it was June and pretty hot out at 11 so we decided to hop on the monorail and enjoy a nice ride around. Especially since we hadn’t ridden it yet! (I also always as a kid wanted to be someone getting on and off the monorail at the monorail resorts that was actually staying there - I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to be one of them!)

I'm so glad that worked out so smoothly!!!

It was such a gorgeous day!

We stopped for some pics on Main Street of course.

LOVE this outfit!! ALL the violet lemonade vibes!!

To start, Dan ordered the Iron Horse Sparkling Wine - not sure why he ordered that when he doesn’t like wine or champagne but he said it was good! (I think it had a higher cost than a beer lol) For my drink, I ordered off the Not So Secret menu and ordered the Pineapple sangria. Mine was SO GOOD! I forget what I almost ordered but this was definitely the better option. Pineapple and sangria, two of my favorite things!

Both of these look amazing!!

*Sidenote* - I have a friend who went to Disney in May and was super disappointed in how many things were breaking down during their trip. Now as someone who goes to Disney often and knows how to get fastpasses, the breakdowns are annoying but I can deal with it and just ride something else. I can only imagine how frustrating that can be for a family that splurges on a VIP tour or goes to Disney once a year or you know, once in their lifetime. It did seem like Disney had an exponential amount of shut downs this trip and I hope Disney is trying to fix that because its definitely not good! And just as another sidenote, Touring Plans estimated the day to be a 6 but because of the breakdowns bumped it up to an 8!

What was with the mass downtimes this past summer?!? I feel like there were so many days where almost everything was down!

Once we finished our treats, we realized we were cutting it REALLY close to our Jungle Cruise fastpass. In hindsight, we should have just let it lapse and not worried about it. However, Dan insisted we try to make it. With the path next to the castle closed, it was kinda hard to get over there quickly from where we were and was a very fast paced walk in some high heat. We made it to Jungle Cruise with about five minutes to spare, only to find the fastpass line backed up to the path by the Magic Carpets. Now we still had the grace period to use our fastpass however, if you have an anytime fastpasses and you use a grace period, the anytime fastpass will get used. So we would be giving up a Space Mountain fastpass for Jungle Cruise and I was not okay with that! I had Dan hold our place in line and asked a cast member if there was any way we could scan our fastpasses right then instead of when we reached the turnstiles. We’d go back to our place in line or even the end of the fastpass line, we just didn’t want to use our anytime fastpass. She was super awesome about it and had just learned that that was even a thing so she thankfully knew what I was talking about. She was able to bring an ipad to where we were in line to scan our fastpasses, which was a huge help! So it never hurts to ask!

Omg, people used to get SO mad when I worked at Peter Pan because of this problem! They would lose their anytime FP+ after trying to scan in after their FP+ slot and it would be a whole mess. I'm glad they're finally fixing/addressing that!!

I can't wait to hear about the GF!!

I loved skippers when we went too! I think I’m MK it’s one of the better table service meals!

Good call on the jungle cruise FP and asking a CM I’m happy I know this but if I didn’t would be running if I went to use my anytime and it was gone!!!

I agree on the ride breakdowns, we were pretty lucky and didn’t have to many either and I do feel like it’s a bit luck of the draw and just how your day pans out, but wow is it annoying!! And your 100% right if your on a one time only trip how **** is that! I would be fuming!

Excited to see how you like the Grand!

Such a pretty view 😍

It was so gorgeous!! I'm so glad we were able to stay here again!

Is it complimentary? Just tips?

Yep! Just tips! Its so convenient. Like even when we had my Moms car in September we still had Disney transfer all of the luggage. And if you ever do it and have groceries I just recommend packing (or buying in Disney) one of the reusable totes to keep everything in one bag for the transfer!

Cute!! Is that a skort dress??

Yes!! It was SO comfy! And one of my favorite outfits! I wore it to a baby shower this summer and it was super windy out and it was awesome not having to worry about flashing everyone lol I normally wear shorts under dresses but this was much easier!

YUMMMMM that sounds perfect right now.

It was so good!

So cute, where did you find them?

Amazon! - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FY57VSX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But we actually bought these ones for September since DH obviously lost his mickey one lol - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D25X522/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I liked these ones better since I could add a strap to it (https://www.amazon.com/Enfain-Light...A68A97QTB70&psc=1&refRID=EWRG4NAFKA68A97QTB70) for times I wanted it out but didn't feel like putting it away. But the Mickey one is much cuter!

Wow that's a really good clear picture for such a dark room!

I was shocked how well this came out! This was from the canon g7x! Its amazing in low light!

THANK YOU KIND CMs!!

I was so thankful! Otherwise the long hot walk would have been for nothing!

This. Is. Genius.

I feel like it has to be such an easy thing to fix! And would make it so much easier!

Oh I love that photo with the balloons! I seriously love your camera and your eye.

Thanks!!

I'm so glad that worked out so smoothly!!!

It was way smoother than I expected!! The only place where we've had some issue is Poly since they use hand carts to bring everything up and down so the process is slow but everywhere else has been amazing!

LOVE this outfit!! ALL the violet lemonade vibes!!

Thank you!! So comfy too!

Both of these look amazing!!

They were both very good! We picked up a bottle of the champagne for our room this past trip and it was very good!

What was with the mass downtimes this past summer?!? I feel like there were so many days where almost everything was down!

Right??? It was kinda crazy!

Omg, people used to get SO mad when I worked at Peter Pan because of this problem! They would lose their anytime FP+ after trying to scan in after their FP+ slot and it would be a whole mess. I'm glad they're finally fixing/addressing that!!

Honestly when the FP line gets that backed up they really should have cms at the back of the line scanning with the ipads. it would avoid the whole problem!

I can't wait to hear about the GF!!

😁

I loved skippers when we went too! I think I’m MK it’s one of the better table service meals!

Definitely!!

Good call on the jungle cruise FP and asking a CM I’m happy I know this but if I didn’t would be running if I went to use my anytime and it was gone!!!

Yeah I was very thankful!!

I agree on the ride breakdowns, we were pretty lucky and didn’t have to many either and I do feel like it’s a bit luck of the draw and just how your day pans out, but wow is it annoying!! And your 100% right if your on a one time only trip how **** is that! I would be fuming!

Exactly!! Even my friend who goes once a year was pretty ticked!

Excited to see how you like the Grand!

Spoiler alert, we loved it! (although Poly is still my fave!)

I was a bit worried about this process having never done it before (and the fact that we will be using the service three times in September!) but it was way easier than I ever expected! I’m sure if we needed our luggage earlier in the day it may have been an issue but our luggage made it to the Grand before we did so all was well!
We've done this often it's super easy and convenient!
We checked in and they took my number to text me when the table was ready. By the time we settled into the chairs we were getting a text!
We ate there last week too for the 2nd time and the same exact thing happened to us lol, as soon as we put our butts in the chairs outside we got our text
Pineapple and sangria, two of my favorite things!
This is on the regular menu now and I had it along with the green apple sangria, delish!
ordered the Tastes Like Chicken and Dan ordered the Siu Pork. Overall, our entrees were just okay. The chicken was a bit hard to cut but overall was good. And I think Dan liked his entree. The standouts from the meal were definitely the appetizers though!
I also got the Tastes Like Chicken and I agree it was good but not fabulous. I wished I'd gotten the sauce on the side because it was a bit much on the parts where it was heavy. Overall we enjoyed the apps and the dessert (kungaloosh) better than the entrees and we'd definitely go back again too.

Can't wait to hear what you thought of the GF which is now my 2nd fave resort :goodvibes

Skipper Canteen sounded like a nice lunch. It's nice that there's a table service restaurant right in Adventureland, because like you said, having a nice place to sit and split some appetizers is invaluable!

I had no idea about the grace period and Anytime Fastpasses! That's such good info to know. Gotta go write that down...

Looking forward to hearing about the Grand. It looks like such an elegant resort. :goodvibes

🤣Haha just saw my quotes in your reply, wow typos! Serves me right doing all DISing on my phone!!! Happy you somewhat got what I was saying

I know technically the Bay Lake view is the less desired view, at least when it comes to cost, but I think it’s the better view. I would much rather look at water than pavement! (I know theres also MK beyond the pavement but with CL you can still look at that view so getting Standard view really is the best of both worlds!)
I would always pick Bay Lake view, it's so pretty!
We also tried to get one with Walt and Mickey but it just didn’t come out great. I need to stop bothering with this photo op because there’s always way too much going on in the background to be a good photo.
I find that area is super crowded too.
At the time they had their regular menu but also their "Not so Secret Menu". Which apparently was a limited time offering because they didn't have it when Dan and I ate there a week ago! (I wish they did because we loved our apps from it!)
That's fun to try some new things!
For dessert, we again should have ordered two chocolate desserts lol but instead we ordered one Kungaloosh and one coconut bar. The Kungaloosh was definitely our favorite! The coconut bar was just okay.
Totally agree...I wasn't a fan of the coconut bar either.
I would DEFINITELY eat here again. Possibly even just ordering a couple of appetizers to share. On those hot, hot days it is so nice to get to sit down, relax, enjoy the a/c and have some yummy food!
Appies and drinks are definitely the way to go at Skippers
*Sidenote* - I have a friend who went to Disney in May and was super disappointed in how many things were breaking down during their trip. Now as someone who goes to Disney often and knows how to get fastpasses, the breakdowns are annoying but I can deal with it and just ride something else. I can only imagine how frustrating that can be for a family that splurges on a VIP tour or goes to Disney once a year or you know, once in their lifetime. It did seem like Disney had an exponential amount of shut downs this trip and I hope Disney is trying to fix that because its definitely not good! And just as another sidenote, Touring Plans estimated the day to be a 6 but because of the breakdowns bumped it up to an 8!
There are a LOT of breakdowns lately!
So we went over to Storybook Treats and picked out The Lost Princess cone and the Peter Pan Float.
We tried those in July....I loved the Lost Princess cone!
We were walking up as they were loading and were a couple of the last people let on. And what a quick ride! It was so nice to be over to the Grand Floridian in about five minutes!
Nothing better than the launch! :goodvibes

I'm glad you enjoyed Skipper Canteen, I've had some good meals there! Such a bummer with all the rides down.

It's definitely becoming one of my favorite MK spots!

We've done this often it's super easy and convenient!

We had to do it three times in September so we're old pros at it now! hahaha but I agree very easy and convenient!

We ate there last week too for the 2nd time and the same exact thing happened to us lol, as soon as we put our butts in the chairs outside we got our text

I get why they do it but you think they'd know its going to be a super quick turnaround and not even bother lol

This is on the regular menu now and I had it along with the green apple sangria, delish!

so yum!!

I also got the Tastes Like Chicken and I agree it was good but not fabulous. I wished I'd gotten the sauce on the side because it was a bit much on the parts where it was heavy. Overall we enjoyed the apps and the dessert (kungaloosh) better than the entrees and we'd definitely go back again too.

Definitely one of the best MK restaurants!!

Can't wait to hear what you thought of the GF which is now my 2nd fave resort :goodvibes

I really loved it!!! I think its probably my number three behind Poly and WL. It was certainly a dream come true to stay there!

Skipper Canteen sounded like a nice lunch. It's nice that there's a table service restaurant right in Adventureland, because like you said, having a nice place to sit and split some appetizers is invaluable!

Exactly!!

I had no idea about the grace period and Anytime Fastpasses! That's such good info to know. Gotta go write that down...

Oh yeah that can really screw things up! I don't understand why they haven't programmed the system to not do this since I'm sure it makes a lot of people angry!

Looking forward to hearing about the Grand. It looks like such an elegant resort. :goodvibes

It was definitely a dream come true to stay there!

🤣Haha just saw my quotes in your reply, wow typos! Serves me right doing all DISing on my phone!!! Happy you somewhat got what I was saying

hahaha all good!

I would always pick Bay Lake view, it's so pretty!

Us too!

I find that area is super crowded too.

I feel like photopass just stands too far away from the statue to get a decent photo unless absolutely no one is around lol

That's fun to try some new things!

Definitely!

Totally agree...I wasn't a fan of the coconut bar either.

The kungaloosh was much better! At least it looked pretty lol

Appies and drinks are definitely the way to go at Skippers

For sure!

There are a LOT of breakdowns lately!

I couldn't believe how much was breaking down!

We tried those in July....I loved the Lost Princess cone!

I actually don't know if I even said whether I liked it or not but I did! I was surprised how much I liked it even if it did melt all over me hahaha

Nothing better than the launch! :goodvibes

Nope!!

I bought those fans because I saw them in your trip report. The first set I bought they didn't work but the replacement ones seem OK. Will try them out in a couple of weeks! Yay! We are trying Skipper Canteen on this trip. I was interested in what you thought about it. Sounds good.

I bought those fans because I saw them in your trip report. The first set I bought they didn't work but the replacement ones seem OK. Will try them out in a couple of weeks! Yay! We are trying Skipper Canteen on this trip. I was interested in what you thought about it. Sounds good.

Oh no!! I'm surprised they didn't work, I'm glad the replacement set seems better!

I definitely liked this meal better than the one we just had in September there but still a great option in MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter