You guys were right about the adr problems...

Tink rules

<font color=teal>The kids in my family sometimes t
It took me over 1/2 hour just to get through to someone... It's nuts...

I can't imagine what someone from overseas is going through just to get an adr....

(note to self... have all restaurants listed next time I call or else I'll still be on the phone with Disney Dining when it's time to leave in 7 weeks...)

And I bet that when they go online with ADR's... we'll get the swimming fishies just like we did over on the DCL site when we try to get our ressies at midnight... :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

We have to call that number from Canada. It isn't just being put on hold for so long that's irritating (I try to be understanding about that, a bit) but the number of questions you have to answer just to get to be on hold.

I know that WDW doesn't make any money from my long distance carrier, so it's just wasteful. I can't believe that I'm going to get any different type of service if I have "visited WDW 5 or more times since..."

Pointless.

They always lose me at hitting #1 for English... and I'm not saying because I don't speak Spanish or whatever, but I think the majority of the people will be speaking that... what about other lanugages... like French or such???

It's just frustrating...

And then they want you to stay longer because they want you to take a survey...but it's about the person on the call... not about how the call was set up...

Also... I heard recently that the calls are being done with people who telecommute - they aren't necessarily in a call center... so I guess they have to find someone to do it for you... :headache:

All those questions are just nutso. But I thought they were always like that. I did get right through after the bazillion questions though.

We have a number that we call before we call the Disney phone lines to make the call free (i know we do for our DVC calls anyway).

When we booked our DVC it took us ages to even get on to the on hold list, we just kept ringing and hanging up, again and again. After hearing that jingle saying 'AT&T' 1000 times, I got a little sick of it!

I am DREADING ringing up for ADR's!!

We have a number that we call before we call the Disney phone lines to make the call free (i know we do for our DVC calls anyway).

When we booked our DVC it took us ages to even get on to the on hold list, we just kept ringing and hanging up, again and again. After hearing that jingle saying 'AT&T' 1000 times, I got a little sick of it!

I am DREADING ringing up for ADR's!!

do you know if this number is only for UK, or I can call too from Italy??

do you know if this number is only for UK, or I can call too from Italy??

I am pretty sure its a UK only number, you might be able to call and ask Disney for a free international phone number, or someone else may be able to help you on the boards!

This new system drives me nuts. It is so damn slow. It is a crappy system. I still have never seen a benefit to the "say the word" systems over hitting the button. The other day I said "reservation" and I got sent to the "information" option. I just hung up.

I do believe they fired the IT guys in the last buyout... :lmao:

I can only imagine what it will cost to ring from here. Hopefully for me it will all be under control by the time we can book.

This new system drives me nuts. It is so damn slow. It is a crappy system. I still have never seen a benefit to the "say the word" systems over hitting the button. The other day I said "reservation" and I got sent to the "information" option. I just hung up.

I figured out that you can just press 1 or 2 for most of the questions (1 for the first option, 2 for the 2nd option) -- it doesn't make it go much faster but it helps me avoid this problem as much as possible, especially since I'm rarely calling from somewhere completely quiet.

You can skip all that if you book through Dreams Unlimited. Your agent will book all of your ADR's, and make changes for you, book tours, find discounts. Easy as pie. Maybe for the next time you do the World.

It was the podcast crew (dreams...etc.) that mentioned it on last weeks show. It isn't just me....they said some of their agents took hours to make adr's :sad2:

Let me just say I am using Dreams Unlimited right now and MARLA has made all the ADR's for me, added some, changed some, etc. She has been MARVELOUS. All it takes is an email from me and she is on it.

LOVE DREAMS! LOVE MARLA! :cheer2:

Just as a counterpoint, I had called last Monday early afternoon to get a single ADR for SWW at 89 days out. Aside from answering the questions (which have been there a long time), I waited on hold for no more than a minute. The CM asked for our reservation number, and asked for what I was looking for. I said Sci-Fi, for lunch preferably (time wasn't as big a deal). Nothing was available, so I asked about dinner, and she offered 4:10pm, which was fine with me. I don't know if there was more than that, all she said was "I have 4:10 available".

So its not COMPLETELY screwed up. Just MOSTLY. :)

And there is word going around the boards now that the whole idea of "online ADRs" was a mistake in wording, and that there is no intent of actually allowing guests to make reservations directly online. Don't know if its true though, but I don't expect a working onlnie system anytime soon even if it was. :)

Just as a counterpoint, I had called last Monday early afternoon to get a single ADR for SWW at 89 days out. Aside from answering the questions (which have been there a long time), I waited on hold for no more than a minute. The CM asked for our reservation number, and asked for what I was looking for. I said Sci-Fi, for lunch preferably (time wasn't as big a deal). Nothing was available, so I asked about dinner, and she offered 4:10pm, which was fine with me. I don't know if there was more than that, all she said was "I have 4:10 available".

So its not COMPLETELY screwed up. Just MOSTLY. :)

And there is word going around the boards now that the whole idea of "online ADRs" was a mistake in wording, and that there is no intent of actually allowing guests to make reservations directly online. Don't know if its true though, but I don't expect a working onlnie system anytime soon even if it was. :)

I would be happy if they could just give me some of the info online, before I call. For example, if a specific restaurant is already sold out for a day, they could post that information (rather than trying to come up with an alternative while I am on the phone, I would go back and do some more homework before I called). I would also like to know the opening and closing time for each restaurant before I call ie. the earliest and the latest possible ADR.

Also, I'd like to be able to get a list of my ADR's so I can confirm the info before we leave for the trip. Last time there were some mistakes, esp. some things that were supposed to have been cancelled -- didn't find out until I had a list printed out at the Concierge desk.

Of course I'd like to book my own ADR's online, but I would be content if they could just do these 2 things.

They book Palo and excursion and spa appts. on DCL... but it is a joke if you are trying to do it on a sold out cruise (or any cruise I hear...) their computers crash almost instantly... I love how they have a prompt now where you can issue a complaint... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'd hate to imagine what it would be like with WDW...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter