You eat with your eyes first don't you? 'Ohana 5/1

Happy Easter from WDW everyone!!!!

While everyone is getting ready for our Boma brunch, I can update a little:).

Yesterday we had an impromptu lunch at Planet Hollywood and it was surprisingly delicious!!! We also made a ton of snacks at Goofys Candy Company, picked up a Doh Bar at Cookes of Dublin, and then had a late light dinner at Mangino's (inside SOG) and they had the beast dessert I've every had!!!! Strawberry/blueberry shortcake cake.....heavenly and homemade!!!

Everyone enjoy your holiday and I, hopefully, can update some tonight!

Just finished our first meal ever at Boma.....holy cow was it delicious!!!! The hype is real everyone!!!! Book your Boma breakfast now!!!!:woohoo:

Just finished our first meal ever at Boma.....holy cow was it delicious!!!! The hype is real everyone!!!! Book your Boma breakfast now!!!!:woohoo:

Glad you liked it! We went to Boma breakfast on our last trip. I fell in love with their scrambled eggs & spinach with goat cheese. I make those all the time at home since that trip. What a tasty combination! Also love their pastries and their juice!

Glad you liked it! We went to Boma breakfast on our last trip. I fell in love with their scrambled eggs & spinach with goat cheese. I make those all the time at home since that trip. What a tasty combination! Also love their pastries and their juice!
The Eggs really were wonderful! We are thinking of going back for breakfast again this week!!!

Sounds like your trip is off to a great start! Congrats on fighting cancer, sounds like you have a wonderful attitude and glad you are able to celebrate at WDW. Can't wait to read all your reviews and see all your pics, we leave in 52 days it will definitely help me pass the time. Feels like it is passing so slow now that all our ADR's and FP+ reservations are made.

We ended up switching our Kouzzina ADR to Olivia's at OKW. What a good move! The good was outstanding and they had....marscapone cheesecake...:cloud9: very impressed with Olivia's! I will really try to post pics soon!!!! We've been sleeping and eating the last 2 days and today we are in Epcot and the heading to MK tonight with my niece and sister!!!! We have outer TTDP tonight too:woohoo: FYI I'm typing this mini update while in line for Test Track!!!!

We ended up switching our Kouzzina ADR to Olivia's at OKW. What a good move! The good was outstanding and they had....marscapone cheesecake...:cloud9: very impressed with Olivia's! I will really try to post pics soon!!!! We've been sleeping and eating the last 2 days and today we are in Epcot and the heading to MK tonight with my niece and sister!!!! We have outer TTDP tonight too:woohoo: FYI I'm typing this mini update while in line for Test Track!!!!

We've never been to Olivia's. But I always was curious about it. Mascarpone cheesecake sounds heavenly. I love all things mascarpone! Every year for her birthday I make a giant Napoleon for my sister. Since that is her favorite pastry. I bake some puff pastry, and the filling I make is mascarpone based. Soooooo delicious! I can't wait to go to Kouzzina for breakfast in July and have their waffle with mascarpone on top...so sad they're closing though, I will have to attempt to duplicate it at home.

I think I'm gonna look up mascarpone cheesecake recipes now! ;)

We've never been to Olivia's. But I always was curious about it. Mascarpone cheesecake sounds heavenly. I love all things mascarpone! Every year for her birthday I make a giant Napoleon for my sister. Since that is her favorite pastry. I bake some puff pastry, and the filling I make is mascarpone based. Soooooo delicious! I can't wait to go to Kouzzina for breakfast in July and have their waffle with mascarpone on top...so sad they're closing though, I will have to attempt to duplicate it at home. I think I'm gonna look up mascarpone cheesecake recipes now! ;)
It really was phenomenal!!! We were going to book a Kouzzina breakfast, but I think we're going to go back to Boma again! :lol:

Boma is an outstanding breakfast buffet , mmmmmmm , cannot wait for our trip in July !
So happy to hear you are enjoying yours:thumbsup2

We've never been to Olivia's. But I always was curious about it. Mascarpone cheesecake sounds heavenly. I love all things mascarpone! Every year for her birthday I make a giant Napoleon for my sister. Since that is her favorite pastry. I bake some puff pastry, and the filling I make is mascarpone based. Soooooo delicious! I can't wait to go to Kouzzina for breakfast in July and have their waffle with mascarpone on top...so sad they're closing though, I will have to attempt to duplicate it at home. I think I'm gonna look up mascarpone cheesecake recipes now! ;)

Not to thread-jack but can you share this recipe?? My DH loves napoleons. :)

Can't wait to see pics! We have never eaten at Olivia's but that cheesecake sounds amazing, and now I'm tempted...

Boma is an outstanding breakfast buffet , mmmmmmm , cannot wait for our trip in July ! So happy to hear you are enjoying yours:thumbsup2
We are seriously considering canceling out 1900 PF breakfast ressie to go back to Boma!!!

Can't wait to see pics! We have never eaten at Olivia's but that cheesecake sounds amazing, and now I'm tempted...
We brought an extra one back to the room!!!

Currently having a walk up lunch at....Le Cellier!!!! It's to die for delicious!!!!

Not to thread-jack but can you share this recipe?? My DH loves napoleons. :)

I don't use a written recipe but I can explain. What I do is, I bake the Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets and use those. I defrost one sheet, cut it in 3 equal pieces and roll each of those pieces out to double the size. I bake according to directions on the box. Then once they cool, I cut through each one so I have a total of 6 equal sheets.

For the cream, I just whip up some heavy cream and add a little powdered sugar and vanilla as I'm doing it, until it forms soft peaks. Then I add some mascarpone (maybe somewhere between 8 and 16 ounces if I'm not mistaken). If necessary I add some more powdered sugar but I don't make it too sweet. To assemble, lay 2 layers of the halved puff pastry side by side on a large cookie sheet, cut side up. Add some of the mascarpone cream filling. Top each with another layer if halved puff pastry, cut side up. Add more mascarpone cream filling. Top with the final layers of halved puff pastry, cut side down.

Mix a little milk and powdered sugar and a small amount of vanilla in a small bowl to make a thick glaze. Very carefully, spread the glaze over the top of the Napoleon. If decorating, do it immediately as the glaze hardens quickly. I sometimes use color sugar as a decoration, and sometimes I melt some chocolate, put it into a ziplock, cut off a small part of the corner and pipe on some stripes. Then I take a toothpick and run it down the opposite way the stripes go, to make the typical design you see at the top of a Napoleon.

Tip: for your top layer of pastry, use the one that is the most solid and flat. Puff pastry could be difficult to work with and they have broken on me several times, but I just use those pieces for the bottom and/or middle and no one notices!

I make this for my sister's birthday every year. She said it's the only birthday cake she ever wants. Napoleon is her favorite pastry and she says this one is the best.

I don't use a written recipe but I can explain. What I do is, I bake the Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets and use those. I defrost one sheet, cut it in 3 equal pieces and roll each of those pieces out to double the size. I bake according to directions on the box. Then once they cool, I cut through each one so I have a total of 6 equal sheets. For the cream, I just whip up some heavy cream and add a little powdered sugar and vanilla as I'm doing it, until it forms soft peaks. Then I add some mascarpone (maybe somewhere between 8 and 16 ounces if I'm not mistaken). If necessary I add some more powdered sugar but I don't make it too sweet. To assemble, lay 2 layers of the halved puff pastry side by side on a large cookie sheet, cut side up. Add some of the mascarpone cream filling. Top each with another layer if halved puff pastry, cut side up. Add more mascarpone cream filling. Top with the final layers of halved puff pastry, cut side down. Mix a little milk and powdered sugar and a small amount of vanilla in a small bowl to make a thick glaze. Very carefully, spread the glaze over the top of the Napoleon. If decorating, do it immediately as the glaze hardens quickly. I sometimes use color sugar as a decoration, and sometimes I melt some chocolate, put it into a ziplock, cut off a small part of the corner and pipe on some stripes. Then I take a toothpick and run it down the opposite way the stripes go, to make the typical design you see at the top of a Napoleon. Tip: for your top layer of pastry, use the one that is the most solid and flat. Puff pastry could be difficult to work with and they have broken on me several times, but I just use those pieces for the bottom and/or middle and no one notices! I make this for my sister's birthday every year. She said it's the only birthday cake she ever wants. Napoleon is her favorite pastry and she says this one is the best.

Thank you so much!! I will definitely be making this for my husband, he'll be thrilled. :)

Thank you so much!! I will definitely be making this for my husband, he'll be thrilled. :)

My pleasure!! :)

Please let me know how he likes it! It's dangerously easy to make. I love puff pastry. Another great thing I do with it is roll it out, mix up some cinnamon and sugar, spread it on and roll it up like a jelly roll. Slice it up and bake, delicious cinnamon pastries! I used to do this with Nutella spread inside, but switched to cinnamon and sugar when we found out about DS9's nut allergy. So go for it with Nutella if you can too!

Your trip sounds like it is off to a wonderful start and I can't wait to see the pictures.

You sound like a very positive person and you certainly deserve this trip. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter