You Don't Know What You Don't Know...

JustMeFran

Mouseketeer
What are some lesser known things you need to do or eat or even buy that are often over looked but you need to do every time?
I always say "You Don't Know What You Don't Know"...if I don't know about it, I don't know!
Share away!

I just learned about the cider and black (hard cider with black currant juice) at the Rose & Crown in EPCOT. Never gone into the pub there because I'm not a fan of beer but I love hard cider. We'll be making a detour there next weekend.

At the bakery in France you can get a cheese and fruit plate. Pick up a baguette to go with that and you have a great night time snack to eat while you are waiting for Illuminations.

I just learned about the cider and black (hard cider with black currant juice) at the Rose & Crown in EPCOT. Never gone into the pub there because I'm not a fan of beer but I love hard cider. We'll be making a detour there next weekend.

Awesome info that I didn't know. Thanks! I'm just like you...don't like beer, but love a good cider. I'll be putting that on my list for our next trip.

Get a hot potato at the potato cart then go to the Colombia Harbor house for clam chowder, then eat upstairs. A little slice of calm QS in a place gone wild. (Oops - now everyone knows!) Also, their salmon is very good! Salmon, at a QS! Who knew?!

Awesome info that I didn't know. Thanks! I'm just like you...don't like beer, but love a good cider. I'll be putting that on my list for our next trip.

Just to warn you, unless they've added some of the better stuff and not updated the menu, the Rose and Crown do not serve a "good" cider. I'm British. I drink a LOT of cider. It's the only alcohol I ever buy in pubs, but Strongbow is the worst. I won't touch it! With blackcurrant it might just be passable (but not a magners/bullmers/koppaburg which are all beautiful and have a nice berry cider). And please don't just all British ciders on that swill!

Get a hot potato at the potato cart then go to the Colombia Harbor house for clam chowder, then eat upstairs. A little slice of calm QS in a place gone wild. (Oops - now everyone knows!) Also, their salmon is very good! Salmon, at a QS! Who knew?!

Yes, this! We were so theme park fooded out. Hungry but sick of eating, if that makes any sense. We found these potatoes, also purchased some fruit, then walked into CHH to eat. It was like eating comfort food when you're sick. Just simple, filling, and oddly refreshing in an uncomplicated, ungreasy way.

The packaged celery and carrot sticks with ranch at the resorts are also a nice "snack to recover from all the snacking" option.

People talk a lot about the strawberry cake at Sunshine seasons, but to me that's like Lubys level strawberry shortcake. But Kringla in Norway has a phenomenal strawberry cream cake that kicks the rear of that other cake.

But the breakfast sandwich/wedge at SS is huge, delicious and very very filling. Great breakfast option.

Also, cheap souvenirs if you have little relatives at home to buy for are the Mickey shaped crazy straws at the QS places. Under $1.

I love cider, and I do like Strongbow, so I will have to give that a try! We always pick up the cheese plate and a baguette in France. It's really nice to sit outside on a nice day and enjoy it! We also love the candy shop in the back of Japan. It has some great candies!

Cider and Black is brilliant

Just to warn you, unless they've added some of the better stuff and not updated the menu, the Rose and Crown do not serve a "good" cider. I'm British. I drink a LOT of cider. It's the only alcohol I ever buy in pubs, but Strongbow is the worst. I won't touch it! With blackcurrant it might just be passable (but not a magners/bullmers/koppaburg which are all beautiful and have a nice berry cider). And please don't just all British ciders on that swill!

But I agree not with a Strongbow. But at the same time I'd never ruin those Brands you've mentioned with blackcurrent.

Maybe Strongbow deserves a shot of Black to make it passable! :D

Get a hot potato at the potato cart ...!

I always stop here, too, for a healthier lunch!
On the not so healthy, I just discovered the candy shop in Germany on our last trip - CARAMELS and caramel apples and CARAMELS!! Karamell-Küche
Sunshine Food in The Land sells small bottles of wine (you can't take them out, unfortunately) that are a great buy compared to the cups of wine in World Showcase.

I always stop here, too, for a healthier lunch!
On the not so healthy, I just discovered the candy shop in Germany on our last trip - CARAMELS and caramel apples and CARAMELS!! Karamell-Küche
Sunshine Food in The Land sells small bottles of wine (you can't take them out, unfortunately) that are a great buy compared to the cups of wine in World Showcase.

Karamell-Kuche is my favorite. I love the caramels. My daughter loves the caramel popcorn. We discovered the ice cream sandwiches in France last year. They are awesome. They make them with brioche bread and your choice of ice cream flavor in front of you. Also, LA Cava in Mexico has great margaritas. I also enjoy the stuffed cheese pretzels at MK or AK.

Cider and Black is brilliant

But I agree not with a Strongbow. But at the same time I'd never ruin those Brands you've mentioned with blackcurrent.

Maybe Strongbow deserves a shot of Black to make it passable! :D

I agree- wouldn't spoil them either... too yummy just as they are!! (I bought a Strongbow once. Never again! Blurgh!)

Nutella and fruit waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow
Sweet and spicy chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow
Napoleon from the Boulangerie in France
Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel from the Lunching Pad
The American Dream from Fife and Drum Tavern

just to name a few.

I like to get an "American Dream" from the FIfe and Drum in the American Pavilion at Epcot. It's vanilla soft serve between red and blue slushies. It's the perfect size to last from the American Pavilion to Test Track or Soarin' and very refreshing and just filling enough to tide me over till a real meal. It's also slighty amusing to hear yourself ordering "the American Dream."

The-American-Dream-350x525.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter