You Can't Give Yourself a Nickname! Updated 6/30!

Oh, and I just saw a picture of what the waterfall in the Poly currently looks like. Only going to post a link rather than the actual picture so as to not sadden people who don't want to be:
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...081_786057518105591_3497847517452848082_o.jpg

Wow! I follow Tikiman on Facebook and I’ve noticed that he put up pictures but I kind of just scroll right past them for some reason. That’s crazy! I’m really excited for what’s to come though, I guess things just have to change to make way for bigger and better right?​

It's a shame about Kona, but I'm a bit worried as there isn't much I like on the menu, for when I eat there on 4th July! Hope your other meals were much better
I can't wait to see the. castle show, it looks so different and cute!
Well done for beating Ricky on Buzz :thumbsup2
Your ice creams sounded such a good end to a lovely day :)

Thank you! I think I might just prefer Ohana, but I’m sure your experience will be great! And our meals definitely improved from there, but it really could just be my own pickiness.​

I'll miss the waterfall too, it was always the best part of visiting the Poly for me, but I'm also sure the redesign will be pretty. I'm impressed with how much you got done in the Extra Magic Hours, I have always heard it makes the park crowded, I'll have to rethink that in the future.

It will be our honey-moon, we're actually getting married next June but I'm a sucker for WDW during the holidays.

I always hear that about Extra Magic Hours too, but I feel like we usually do pretty well! Most people with little kids are gone. Maybe it’s just morning EMH that are the issue? And that’s so exciting about your honeymoon! We have friends going in October for theirs and we’ve been trying not to get more excited than they are!

Sorry about the delay! My summer classes started last week so I’ve been working on those and I started watching Downton Abbey and I'm officially obsessed, but I’m ready for the next installment!

So when we last left off, we had had a long, but fun first day! Our first full day was upon us and we were up by 8:30. My first order of business…work on my paper. (Womp womp)

During the spring I had started online classes working towards my masters, I didn’t think I’d have a paper to do when we were in Disney, or I just thought that I would have it done, but I really am a procrastinator.

So as I sort of, kind of typed away (but really watched cartoons), my lovely, understanding boyfriend went and got us breakfast. He came back reporting that the food court had been massively packed and he didn’t want to do it again (hmmm…)

I got the kids breakfast platter: 2 Mickey waffles, turkey bacon, sausage, strawberries, and a small chocolate milk. And Ricky got a chocolate muffin and a refillable mug. Turns out I got the better deal, and can you believe that this was my first time having Mickey waffles since my senior trip in 2008??

We both dressed in the most patriotic clothing we had and headed over to the bus.

Did anyone see Winter Soldier? It solidified Captain America as my favorite superhero. It was so good! And thankfully Ricky had bought the shirt so he could be Sheldon Cooper for Halloween and I got to have it when he was done. I was going to cut it into a tank top but I never got around to it. I’ve been meaning to do it for the 4th of July, but time is ticking…

So where were we headed?

We finally got to Epcot around 11. It’s a little later than we had hoped, but that wasn’t stopping us!

We stopped for some required pictures.

And then we headed over to Spaceship Earth for our first fastpass of the day.

I love Spaceship Earth. I love going through and learning about the evolution of communication. It’s something I’ve always been fascinated with.

Our slow moving journey had come to an end and we decided to play some games. I waited forever for a racing game, and I did pretty well!

By the time we finished, I was parched. We decided to head over to Starbucks since I had a gift card set up to my phone. 

I really don’t mind Starbucks in the parks. I think I’m more irked by the giant “Siemens” ad on Spaceship Earth after Illuminations than I am by Starbucks.

After our pitstop we headed over to Innoventions to play around a little while we waited for our Soarin’ fastpasses to be ready.
I have a new found love for the Where’s the Fire area. Did you know that there’s a computer that shows you different fire badges and facts about different fire companies? I loved playing with it! My town wasn’t on there, maybe because they’re all volunteers. But I did find where Ricky’s family lives and the town I work in. They have a dalmatian at their fire house!

We walked around a little more. I tried to get Ricky to play the piggy bank game but he wasn’t having it. Oh well!

We made our way to the Land to use our Soarin’ FP.

This ride really makes me want to visit Disneyland!

After our trip, we decided to stop at the Imagination Pavilion. On our last trip in August, we were both under the impression that it would close for refurb so we thought we had to ride it. Since it was still up and running, we decided to hop in line.

Wait…a line?? Yes. We actually WAITED to see our little friend Figment. I’d say it was our 2nd longest wait of the day. It was pretty crazy.

Oh, hey Buzz!

After the ride I had to make a stop and create a Figment to send to my dad. My dad’s not really a Disney fan, but he has a soft spot for Figment. I’m not entirely sure why!

We tried to sneak upstairs…

Not really, but Ricky really would if I let him.

We headed out and Ricky stopped to use the restroom. I sat on a bench and took some pictures.

Then we made our way over to the Seas, where I’m pretty sure we actually had a FP for the Nemo ride. I don’t dislike FP+ at all, but it seems like maybe this shouldn’t be an option.

We strolled along through the Seas.

Made some friends.

Waited for a diver, but didn’t see one.

And then headed out. That’s when my alternate title for this trip report started to form.

Why is There So Much Spitting in Disney?

Some kid had sneezed and it got all over Ricky. Now he has no patience for things like that. I was a little peeved that he didn’t cover his mouth, especially because I use the word kids loosely. I do the vampire when I cough or sneeze (arm to mouth). Most things don’t bother me, but I can’t take it when people don’t cover their mouth or wash their hands. So we walked out of the Seas while he stewed in his grumpiness and I searched for some hand sanitizer to wash away the feeling of ickiness.

At this point I have no idea what time it was. But we decided to go over to World Showcase to get something to eat. We decided on Katsura Grill. Our first trip in Disney we had a pretty bad experience there. I think it was even called something else at that point, but we decided to give it another try.

On our walk:

Ricky took this picture peeking through a gate.

So boy were we happy we did give it another try! We split the beef udon and for the life of me I can’t remember what else (and I didn’t write it down!) The udon stuck out though because the beef in it was the same kind of beef you’d find in a Philly Cheesesteak! It was so bizarre but it was so delicious! From then on we referred to it as Philly Cheesesteak Udon.

When we were walking over to Japan, there had been an ominous cloud in the sky. We picked up the pace, and by the time we were halfway through our meal, the heaven’s opened up.

It was pretty crazy! We were happy to be inside though and we had decided to wait out the storm.

At this point, you may be thinking to yourself “but Becca, you said this was going to be a patriotic day! All I’ve seen are pictures of flags and you in a Captain America shirt” and you’d be right! So to that I ask:

Would the rain ever stop so we could become proud Americans? And what exactly would we do that could make us so proud? Come back next time and find out!

I'm literally the worst Diser ever! Things have been super crazy this past month and have (hopefully!!!) died down. Your regularly scheduled trip report will return in a few short days. I'm sure everyone's on edge!

When I last left you, oh so long ago (sorry about that!!), we were hanging out in the Katsura grill waiting for the rain to pass. Now I had totally forgotten the ponchos the night before, but I remembered them this time. We waited long enough for the rain to let up and decided to brave it. I put on a poncho, but Ricky didn’t really want one because they make him hot and uncomfortable.

We started to walk out of Katsura and the rain was letting up. We decided to head to the American Adventure because one of the things I really wanted to do was see the Voices of Liberty, and it was Memorial Day, after all.

This was such a great decision. They are all absolutely beautiful singers and the show was amazing. Their voices just bring so much beauty.

We had decided that since this was going to be the most patriotic day ever, we were going to both watch the American Adventure. For the first time.

It was nice. Montages and stuff make me cry. I’m weird and emotional like that. It’s cliche, but it really does make you proud to be an American. I just wish that there was more draw to the pavilion.

As we left the American Adventure, we started on one of our many discussions about early American architecture and different historic sites in Philly. We live really close so for some reason the American pavilion and Liberty Square garner discussion. It usually ends up with me saying how I've never visited Independence Hall. I'm a bad local.

We still had time to kill before our dinner reservation and no set plans. So what did we do? Well another Agent P mission of course!

This time, we headed over to…

Germany!

As a kid I feel like my family never really took time to explore the countries. It makes sense because most kids aren’t into that. As I’ve gotten older I’ve grown to adore World Showcase and the Agent P missions are a great way to see the countries.

There’s really a few parts of the mission that stood out to me. I don’t want to spoil it if you haven’t played, but some of these effects are really great.

We also looked around near the restaurant in Germany. Ricky and I both love Disney podcasts and we’ve heard on several how there was supposed to be a ride in Germany and you can tell where the entrance was going to be, so we poked around a little...apparently I didn't get pictures of it.

After we saved the world from the evil Dr. D, we headed out to another mission. This time we went to France.

Another great mission and another great way to explore the World Showcase. France is beautiful pavilion and I never would’ve seen the nooks and crannies of it!

While we played, Princess Aurora came out to greet her adoring subjects.

This mission had more great effects.

After we played we decided to head over a little early to our dinner reservation. It was at one of my absolute favorite resorts on all of Walt Disney World property.

We took the short stroll…

...to...

I love this place.

We had gone back and forth about making reservations at Beaches and Cream. We thought about making late night ones for ice cream or if we should just do dinner reservations. Well, dinner reservations won and we strolled over.

The last time I was here I was with my family and we came for ice cream.

We checked in with the front podium and waited outside. Ricky never stayed at the Beach Club or ate at Beaches and Cream. I always say it’s going to be the next place we stay. We’re working on a trip for next fall, and whether or not we have friends come, we may end up staying here. But it’s a long time from now until Fall 2015!

We watched the families hang out by the pool. We saw a lifeguard orientation. And we just took in being there.

We decided to discuss our plans for the night. Hollywood Studios was supposed to have Extra Magic hours and I believe we were planning on only being there that night…

Until I looked at the app and saw that they had changed the Extra Magic Hours to Epcot and there weren’t any for HS that whole week!

Cue panic mode! :scared:

I get crabby when I get stressed out, and unfortunately, I was crabby.

What were we going to do?? This was going to be our only night at HS! But now we lost a whole two hours!

It was the end of the world and we hadn’t even had dinner yet!

that was acute idea to dress patriotically for Memorial Day (though as a Met fan, not sure if I consider a Phillies hat to be patriotic ;) )

I think the idea of the Perry Missions (or the Kim Possible ones before) are great to make the World Showcase more appealing to kids

I hate how Disney changes the hours (and Extra hours) ... I get why they do it as they get more information on crowds, etc. but there should be more of notice ... like at the 180 day mark or something (always sucks when you make your dining ADRs thinking hours are one thing and then they change).

Hope it turned out to be not that bad though :goodvibes

I love Beaches and Cream, such a nice relaxing and what I would say a very American restaurant! :rotfl:
The Perry the Platypus missions, have changed there phones! They look like Samsung smart phones! (I didn't get round to doing any of the missions, but I made sure I looked to report back to you!!)
How annoying of Disney to change their EMH at DHS, I hope it all planned out in the end for you both :) :goodvibes

that was acute idea to dress patriotically for Memorial Day (though as a Met fan, not sure if I consider a Phillies hat to be patriotic ;) )

I think the idea of the Perry Missions (or the Kim Possible ones before) are great to make the World Showcase more appealing to kids

I hate how Disney changes the hours (and Extra hours) ... I get why they do it as they get more information on crowds, etc. but there should be more of notice ... like at the 180 day mark or something (always sucks when you make your dining ADRs thinking hours are one thing and then they change).

Hope it turned out to be not that bad though :goodvibes

Ahh, a Mets fan. I’ll give you a pass, especially since, you know, the Phillies are awful this year. I hate it as well, I know going into it you should know that that can happen, but after a while I kind of stopped looking at hours so I’m not even sure when it changed!

I love Beaches and Cream, such a nice relaxing and what I would say a very American restaurant! :rotfl:
The Perry the Platypus missions, have changed there phones! They look like Samsung smart phones! (I didn't get round to doing any of the missions, but I made sure I looked to report back to you!!)
How annoying of Disney to change their EMH at DHS, I hope it all planned out in the end for you both :) :goodvibes

Oh my gosh! Thank you for checking! The old phones were pretty funny because they were flip phones, I don’t even know the last time I saw a flip phone. But that’s so cool that they’re so up to date. And Beaches and Cream is so good. That No Way Jose sundae, fantastic!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter