You can't Dress like this at Disney.... orrr can you??

TheNotSoEvilQueen

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall....
So on the Monorail was a woman wearing a Minni Look-a-like dress. You know Red with the polka dots. To complete her outfit she had mouse ears. Someone on the Monorail told her that she would be asked to change at the park saying "You can't dress like that here!"

This made me wonder. For my birthday we are going to the food and wine fest. Me and all my girlfriends are wearing a princess inspired tu-tu and styling our hair to match. For example since I most closely identify with Tink, My tutu will be green with gold sparkles, sparkle gold Tom's for shoes, and I am wearing pixie wings with my hair in a bun.

My brother wore a ***** 1 and ***** 2 shirt to AK (like Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss) and they were asked to change or turn the shirt inside out for the day.

What are the do's and don't of Disney Dress Code?

I don't really have any experience to back this up- sure some other DISers will share that! -but my understanding is that they don't want you to pass for an actual Disney character to the children there-- not just to maintain their own monopoly but also to make sure no one dresses up as, say, Luke Skywalker, and then terrorizes kids by cussing them out or something weird like that. I remember seeing this around about a girl who was not allowed into WDW in her Tinkerbell costume specifically.

Disneybounding, on the other hand, is quite popular, and tutu-centric outfits are certainly a thing at Disney running events. So what you're describing seems like it'd be borderline to me depending on what you wore with the tutu? If it was a t-shirt or something obviously Not Tink's Outfit it might be fine, especially if you were prepared to take off the wings if asked. I also found this thread that might give you some food for thought.

They sell adult size red with white polka dot dresses in some of the gift shops.
It is perfectly acceptable to wear that any time.

As for your brother you can't wear clothing that has swear words so that's an obvious shirt turn inside out or leave situation.

As for your upcoming trip its a little harder to judge if that would be allowed or not.
perhaps the tutu would be acceptable but i doubt that it combined with fairy wings will get you in the door unless you are going for MNSSHP.

My suggestion would be to opt for either t-shirts with your character preference on them or every day clothing that when put together resembles the character.
It's called Disneybounding and it is acceptable.
For example for Tink you could wear a green sundress and your hair in a bun and even Tink Minnie ears to really get the point across.

My sister and I went to MNSSHP on Friday and I was Snow White and she was Belle in her blue provincial dress.
Mine was more inspired looking where as hers was a replica.
When we returned to the resort at about midnight we cut through the lobby and there was a family checking in and all the sudden we hear the little girl yellowing MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY ITS BELLE!!!! BELLE!!! BELLE!!!
My sister is not the same size or shape as Belle and has shorter hair with blue streaks in it so she looks nothing like Belle really.
We felt a little bad but we just kept on walking so we did not confuse this child lol.
So even when dressing in full costume is acceptable it can still be an issue which is why they do not want this happening daily.

Last edited:
So on the Monorail was a woman wearing a Minni Look-a-like dress. You know Red with the polka dots. To complete her outfit she had mouse ears. Someone on the Monorail told her that she would be asked to change at the park saying "You can't dress like that here!"

This made me wonder. For my birthday we are going to the food and wine fest. Me and all my girlfriends are wearing a princess inspired tu-tu and styling our hair to match. For example since I most closely identify with Tink, My tutu will be green with gold sparkles, sparkle gold Tom's for shoes, and I am wearing pixie wings with my hair in a bun.

My brother wore a ***** 1 and ***** 2 shirt to AK (like Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss) and they were asked to change or turn the shirt inside out for the day.

What are the do's and don't of Disney Dress Code?
The only thing I see a problem with, is the wings. Like Queen said above, unless you're going for MNSSHP, you won't get in with them, and even then, they must be clear, I believe. The rest of the outfit should be fine.

I didn't know DisneyBounding was even a thing! You learn something new every day! Thanks guys!

I saw a lady dressed like that inside of MK during our last trip. She made it through the park entrance just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter