You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

Loving your pics you both look so happy and relaxed. I've been to two mixology sessions and each one has been done slightly different. One we were in groups and created our own drink to share. The second everything was set up on the bar and two people were picked for each drink to come up and create them.

Thank you. :goodvibes We were exactly as you described: happy and relaxed. A cruise really does lend itself to relaxation. Everything is right there and you can only go so far. :thumbsup2

What a relaxing afternoon!

I love that Joshua loves hanging out with you. It's so sweet. :lovestruc

Jill in CO

What a relaxing afternoon!

I love that Joshua loves hanging out with you. It's so sweet. :lovestruc

Jill in CO

Thanks girl! He's a good kid. Solid. Sweet.

Have you started your report? Am I insane for wanting to start a DVC report for December? :upsidedow

I have a feeling that when Disney does the private Mixology classes they speed them up by having the drinks made, but still teaching you something. I know in ours, we made at least two if not three of the drinks. It still sounds fun though, and I'm with you, I drink all the drinks! hic! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you got to hang out with Josh and work off your buzz!

I have a feeling that when Disney does the private Mixology classes they speed them up by having the drinks made, but still teaching you something. I know in ours, we made at least two if not three of the drinks. It still sounds fun though, and I'm with you, I drink all the drinks! hic! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you got to hang out with Josh and work off your buzz!

It was great fun and the best $15 + tip buzz ever! Drinking on the ship was a blast. I love being contained. :rotfl:

Next time I'd like a Mixology where we get to make the drinks. Do they tell you beforehand?​

Very nice pictures Pam from the cruise.

Very nice update Jenny. It must have been a fun afternoon to be able to make your own drinks and drink them with others. I know that I might now enjoy it as much since I am not a drinker. But I did enjoy reading about it.

It was great fun and the best $15 + tip buzz ever! Drinking on the ship was a blast. I love being contained. :rotfl:

Next time I'd like a Mixology where we get to make the drinks. Do they tell you beforehand?​

No we didn't know before hand but we got to make a mojito, one other and then they ket us make that layered drink at the end on our cruise. We were pretty buzzed that day becuase we had Palo brunch, then we did the chocolate tasting and later the mixology. We were pretty happy by dinner. I think That's the night I had to take a walk outside at dinner since our tablemates brought samples of tequila for us all to taste .

I'll ask around. Have you checked David's and the boards here? I think the folks on the DIS may give a better. So 195 or 212? What are your exact dates or just early May? Studio right? Jambo or Kidani, do you care? We love both!​

I have checked David's but they want their money all up front. I understand that but since dh get paid once a month we like to have a pretty good cushion just in case we need it. I did check here too but it is a little too early for the people I have asked they keep telling me I have to wait until either the 11/7 month window. I know that too but I just want to plan lol. Our dates will be May 7-18th (195) or 19th (212). I have found some people don't like to rent out less than 200 points or they charge more pp if they do. I want to stay SV at Jambo.:goodvibes

The Mixology class looked fun but I would have wanted to make at least one drink. Jesus and Moses look like alot of fun. I would love to be taking a nap somewhere warm and sunny. I hate being landlocked and I miss the ocean something awful.

Loving all the commentary and different views of the same events from Jenny and Pam. And the pictures sure add a wonderful visual to it all!

Jesus and Moses are wonderful. But all I saw were the drinks! And that's saying something from someone who is a 'one-pot screamer'. WOW! What a great mixology.

:thumbsup2

disney-aristocats-mothers-day-card2.jpg

This is the "before" to our "after" picture from February on the Wonder!

We were a happy bunch after a Chocolate and Wine Pairing Tasting! In "real life" I'm not a drinker at all, but on the Wonder I enjoyed my small amounts - and the few sips I had of each drink made me feel quite happy! Plus, most of all, it was just plain wonderful FUN!"

It has been awhile since I have had time to read, but I just caught up on all your updates since you boarded the ship. It looks like you have had a really fun and relaxing vacation so far! I’m loving all the photos of the areas around the ship that you and Pam have taken. There are several areas like the Edge and the adult only clubs that we didn’t get to explore last time I was on the ship. I’ll have to make it a point to check them out this time as they look really cool. A 5 night cruise just isn’t long enough to see everything!

The mixology looks super tasty. Did they offer any snacks to go with all of those drinks??? I would love to do a mixology next time. My older daughter didn’t want to go to the kids club last time so no fun adults only events for us  Similar to your son, she didn’t want to go since she didn’t know anyone there. I am hoping it will be different this time since both of my girls are old enough to go to the club together. And we are hoping to talk some friends with kids into joining us. Hopefully the kids would all go together to the club and I could do Palo and some mixology stuff. Do you have to be concierge level to book a private mixology or can anyone book a group?

I think they must do the mixology in all different ways, or maybe differently on different ships. I've seen reports where some of the people do go behind the bar and actually make the stuff themselves. We are supposed to do a private mixology with our fish extender group on our cruise in August. I wonder how ours will be done...

And that's Sleeping Beauty! :goodvibes It's my favorite movie.

Have a great trip Pam!

The mixology class looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures!

Jenny...good luck with the planting! I have to wait..we're expecting snow the next 2 days!!!

Jill in CO

Snow? :faint: Boo!! It was rainy here so no planting wither.​

Love looking at all your photos
Was your mixology session a private group?
We have one arranged for our next cruise :-)

Thanks Linda. It was pivate. :thumbsup2

Very nice pictures Pam from the cruise.

Very nice update Jenny. It must have been a fun afternoon to be able to make your own drinks and drink them with others. I know that I might now enjoy it as much since I am not a drinker. But I did enjoy reading about it.

It was very fun! We had a few light drinkers and were able to secure their drinks had a home. :laughing:

No we didn't know before hand but we got to make a mojito, one other and then they ket us make that layered drink at the end on our cruise. We were pretty buzzed that day becuase we had Palo brunch, then we did the chocolate tasting and later the mixology. We were pretty happy by dinner. I think That's the night I had to take a walk outside at dinner since our tablemates brought samples of tequila for us all to taste .

That sounds perfect! Buzzed on a ship is a good place to be.​

I have checked David's but they want their money all up front. I understand that but since dh get paid once a month we like to have a pretty good cushion just in case we need it. I did check here too but it is a little too early for the people I have asked they keep telling me I have to wait until either the 11/7 month window. I know that too but I just want to plan lol. Our dates will be May 7-18th (195) or 19th (212). I have found some people don't like to rent out less than 200 points or they charge more pp if they do. I want to stay SV at Jambo.:goodvibes

The Mixology class looked fun but I would have wanted to make at least one drink. Jesus and Moses look like alot of fun. I would love to be taking a nap somewhere warm and sunny. I hate being landlocked and I miss the ocean something awful.

I'm with yu and miss is the ocean something awful. :goodvibes

Yes, you do have to wait until at least the 11 month window for owners at AKV to book. Owners outside of AKV can book at 7 months. You're getting close!​

Loving all the commentary and different views of the same events from Jenny and Pam. And the pictures sure add a wonderful visual to it all!

Jesus and Moses are wonderful. But all I saw were the drinks! And that's saying something from someone who is a 'one-pot screamer'. WOW! What a great mixology.

:thumbsup2

It was an excellent Mixology. Its a repeat for evry cruise here on out.​

Thanks friend. Hope you had a wonderful day. :flower3:

This is the "before" to our "after" picture from February on the Wonder!

We were a happy bunch after a Chocolate and Wine Pairing Tasting! In "real life" I'm not a drinker at all, but on the Wonder I enjoyed my small amounts - and the few sips I had of each drink made me feel quite happy! Plus, most of all, it was just plain wonderful FUN!"

:rotfl2: I love it! Walking the line is hilarious!!! And I agree, it's just FUN! Great photo. :thumbsup2

It has been awhile since I have had time to read, but I just caught up on all your updates since you boarded the ship. It looks like you have had a really fun and relaxing vacation so far! I’m loving all the photos of the areas around the ship that you and Pam have taken. There are several areas like the Edge and the adult only clubs that we didn’t get to explore last time I was on the ship. I’ll have to make it a point to check them out this time as they look really cool. A 5 night cruise just isn’t long enough to see everything!

I totally agree. I never made it to the Cove Cafe or the Vibe. Guess it means I need another cruise.​

The mixology looks super tasty. Did they offer any snacks to go with all of those drinks??? I would love to do a mixology next time. My older daughter didn’t want to go to the kids club last time so no fun adults only events for us  Similar to your son, she didn’t want to go since she didn’t know anyone there. I am hoping it will be different this time since both of my girls are old enough to go to the club together. And we are hoping to talk some friends with kids into joining us. Hopefully the kids would all go together to the club and I could do Palo and some mixology stuff. Do you have to be concierge level to book a private mixology or can anyone book a group?

No snacks but you could have brought in food easily.

I think DS would have enjoyed the clubs more if his siters were there. Once he made friends, he did.

I beleive anyone can book a private class but you need 25 people. Concirge just gets faster service when booking.​

I think they must do the mixology in all different ways, or maybe differently on different ships. I've seen reports where some of the people do go behind the bar and actually make the stuff themselves. We are supposed to do a private mixology with our fish extender group on our cruise in August. I wonder how ours will be done...

And that's Sleeping Beauty! :goodvibes It's my favorite movie.

I love Sleeping Beauty too. Did I write Cinderella? Blame Jesus and the booze. :rotfl: Let me know how your Mixology turns out. I'd love to make a drink. I miss my old bartendar days.​

I'm a little late but I'm hoping in here now! I leave for my cruise on Saturday, I'm so excited, can't wait to hear about more!

The mixology looks like a lot of fun! My cruise Facebook group is already started to talk about something like this. We'll see what happens.

Amanda

The mixology looks like a lot of fun! My cruise Facebook group is already started to talk about something like this. We'll see what happens. Amanda

Its really so much fun Amanda. We did it girls' only. The fellas met up somewhere else I believe. It was fun for chatting without the guys.​

Its really so much fun Amanda. We did it girls' only. The fellas met up somewhere else I believe. It was fun for chatting without the guys.​

I'm sure that makes it more fun. We already know some people on our cruise. One of the Moms Panel Moms lives in our town and is going on the cruise. Len Testa who wrote the Unofficial Guide is on our cruise. Our TA is on our cruise. That makes it a little easier.

Amanda

I'm sure that makes it more fun. We already know some people on our cruise. One of the Moms Panel Moms lives in our town and is going on the cruise. Len Testa who wrote the Unofficial Guide is on our cruise. Our TA is on our cruise. That makes it a little easier. Amanda

Thats going to be a blast! Your TA, too fun! You've got knowledgable folks for sure.

Hope you Mix with Jesus!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter