Should I buy a Yonanas dessert maker?

• Yes! Do it!

• No way, save your money.

Results are only viewable after voting.

IAmBumblebee

Earning My Ears
I've been looking at this for a while, completely unable to decide if it would be a good buy. Fully understand that it may end up cluttering the cupboard, but willing to invest even if it brings some temporary Spring/ Summer joy. Hoping to make my own Dole Whip!

I'm in the UK but I know this is a popular product overseas, so all advice is welcome.

Anybody own or used this? Any good? Would you recommend? Please help me make a decision!

Thanks in advance!

Yonanas UK website

Yonanas US website

I have a cheaper knockoff version that I like. It works great, although it's a bit of a pain to clean. If you eat a lot of fruit or trying to cut back on sweets, it's a good choice. I freeze yogurt and ice cube trays and add it with my frozen fruit to change up the mixture from time to time.

I have a small freezer, and have heard that you need a decent amounf of fruit to make a few portions... Do you buy and freeze fresh fruit or buy pre frozen?

I have a small freezer, and have heard that you need a decent amounf of fruit to make a few portions... Do you buy and freeze fresh fruit or buy pre frozen?
I have done both. I try to buy fresh on sale and then cut and freeze but I've also been known to buy the Frozen stuff. Yes you do need a substantial amount 1/2 to 1 cup. I have frozen drained canned pineapple before too.

How much use does yours get? Is it just a once or twice a year novelty? I'm trying to justify storing it. Thanks for your responses, very helpful!

How much use does yours get? Is it just a once or twice a year novelty? I'm trying to justify storing it. Thanks for your responses, very helpful!

Mine get used in spurts. In all honesty, it's stored above the refrigerator in the cabinet there. Now that I bought a Vitamix. I use that more often for similar work and it's easier to clean. Keep in mind with Yonanas, you have to use quite a bit of banana to get the texture right.

It depends on how much you like ice cream/ frozen stuff.

Mine get used in spurts. In all honesty, it's stored above the refrigerator in the cabinet there. Now that I bought a Vitamix. I use that more often for similar work and it's easier to clean. Keep in mind with Yonanas, you have to use quite a bit of banana to get the texture right.

It depends on how much you like ice cream/ frozen stuff.
Just wanted to pop back and thank you for sharing your experiences :thanks:

What did you decide? Happy to help!
Due to the financial situation and having to cut all 'luxuries', I have put it on our family wishlist, and I probably will purchase when I can be more certain of our monthly spending. The energy crisis has hoovered up our savings, so I'm just being cautious at the moment. Something like this would be a lovely 'gift' to our family in the summer months, even more so if it signals that we have been able to save towards it and that we are able to manage the budget going forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter