• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yoga for dummies? (meaning me)

taeja71

<font color=deeppink>I'll type real slow...<br><fo
I'd like to try yoga, but my knees can't take it for very long. If you do yoga, what dvd do recommend for beginners? I like the stretching aspect of it, but like I noted, my knees can't stand the pressure for very long. Thanks all for your input in advance. I look forward to reading your posts.

This is me falling over after trying to hold a kneeling position for too long --> :worship:

I don't have any info for you but wanted to bump this up the page some. Hopefully there is someone out there with some information to help you.

I bought the Leslie Sansone You Can Do Yoga DVD and I liked it.

I have never done yoga before, so take that for what it's worth! ;) I also have bad knees too.

well i may not be of much help, i don't have bad knees and started yoga class at my YMCA -- but i really like the QuickFix yoga/pilates DVD, they are 10 min segments you can mix and match. they have one instructor showing modifications in all of them

try your library for ones to try before you buy :)

Kristi1357 said:
I bought the Leslie Sansone You Can Do Yoga DVD and I liked it.

I have never done yoga before, so take that for what it's worth! ;) I also have bad knees too.

:blush: I have good days and I have bad days. Doh!- Of course L. Sansone! Why didn't I think of that? I'm going to blow myelf up now. pixiedust: Thanks all for your replies. :thumbsup2

Tae Ja, an important thing to remember is that even though the people on the tape do it, it doesn't mean you have to. You should be doing yoga within your comfort zone. If you can't do a position comfortably, you should modify it so that you can do it. If you can't do the kneeling position for long, what matters is that you do it for as long as you can, and eventually you'll be able to do it for longer. You will be amazed how quickly you are able to do positions that you previously couldn't.

I do the Gaiam Yoga for Weight Loss, but I have taken yoga at a studio and so I know I am properly aligned, etc. If you haven't aleady, you might want to do this a couple of times to get the hang of it.

Also, at the studio, they have you put a folded blanket under your knees if they hurt while doing poses where your knees hit the floor-- mine knees hurt really bad if I don't, and my friend got a big bruise on hers!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter