Yo-ho-ho, sailin, sailin, 3 night Wonder on 12/17/09

This will be our first cruise of any kind. Would like to join FE exchange if anyone can advise how as my two kids, Jessica 16 and Noah 8, would enjoy same. Thanks.

We leave for WDW in 7 days!! I am going to start packing tonight and I am seriously ovewhelmed by the weather forecast. What is everybody going to wear on embarkation day? Is it jeans weather or do you think it will be warm enough for bermuda shorts/capris and light jackets? We are flying and I am trying to only bring 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on.....

Hey JAMESMRIVERS I think we are neighbors -- we are in #8562! I have a DD who is 17, another who is 9 and the youngest is 5.

Welcome JamesMRivers and sailingseas :goodvibes

I believe it's too late to join the FE. The deadline for signup was November 22.

Sailingseas- A FE is where you hang a little bag or something similar off of the fish hook that hangs outside your room. Then everyone that signed up exchanges little gifts. You come back to your room and there will be surprises waiting for you and you deliver your gifts to the other rooms on the list. The gifts can be anything you want. Our last cruise we actually gave every room an electronic 20 questions handheld. But people do all sorts of things like magnets, scrapbooking materials, pencils, highlighters, beach toys, etc. There are lot's of threads on it if you search and you can find pics of examples. HTH for your next cruise.

We leave in 3 days!:scared1: Sooooo not ready. I've been packing over the last two weekends but am still not done. Having a week in WDW, followed by a cruise, followed by a couple more days in WDW makes for a lot of packing.:goodvibes

My wife Jill and I have two kids, Noah (8) and Jessica (16) and this is our first cruise of any kind. Due to inexperience and ignorance on our part, we didn't meet the Fe cut-off but our children have goodies bought and will place same in any FE they see. Hence, we all would appreciate anything placed in theirs at cabin # 8564.
Mommysteig, nice to meet you neighbor, hope we all have a great cruise,thanks.

I, being the procrastinator that I am, have not done my FE stuff yet. So, I will add your kiddo's into the mix! Please do the same for mine if you are able. I have a 6 year old daughter Meghan and a 3 year old son Donovan.

Hope to see you onboard!!

We leave to fly down on the 16th. So, we are trying to get boxes packed up to ship out and then on to packing and FE stuff. We will be staying in a villa after the cruise, so I am able to wash clothes then if need be. It is just hard to pack the right stuff when it has been snowing here!

Daisy

ETA that the boxed that we are packing to ship out are Christmas stuff for family! Not stuff going to disney.

My wife Jill and I have two kids, Noah (8) and Jessica (16) and this is our first cruise of any kind. Due to inexperience and ignorance on our part, we didn't meet the Fe cut-off but our children have goodies bought and will place same in any FE they see. Hence, we all would appreciate anything placed in theirs at cabin # 8564.
Mommysteig, nice to meet you neighbor, hope we all have a great cruise,thanks.

I got extras just in case too, so we'll be sure to include your cabin. We're in #6134. I just hope the holiday FE I ordered gets here before we leave!

Ugly Betty's latest episode was in the Bahamas and I couldn't get over the fact that we'll be there very soon!

Thanks all, and what a nice group of people. If missed FE deadline like me, my children will reciprocate exchange with any other, just need cabin number; ours is 8564. Four (4) of us will be at WDW for week for prior to cruise; flying out of Charlotte, N.C. in two days. Thus, the whole family is ready to roll to say the very least especially the young'ins, as we say in the South. Again, thanks all for the help and Merry Christmas.

Hi to you, JAMESMRIVERS and welcome to our cruise meet! My DH and I are cruising to celebrate our 20th anniversary and will be happy to add your family's stateroom to our FE list. I haven't even started getting our gifts together! After 3 cruises already this year, I kind of have my "standard" gift down pat and can get it together in just a few days. We aren't driving to the port until Thursday morning - Living so close is such a luxury! We are on Deck 2, Stateroom #2510. Happy packing ... and enjoy your week at WDW. We will be at Epcot this Sunday, enjoying lunch at The Biergarten in Germany (our kids' favorite) and the Candlelight Processional after watching our daughter march in the Macy's Parade at Universal Studios Saturday night. See you on the ship!

Rose :)

Thanks all, and what a nice group of people. If missed FE deadline like me, my children will reciprocate exchange with any other, just need cabin number; ours is 8564. Four (4) of us will be at WDW for week for prior to cruise; flying out of Charlotte, N.C. in two days. Thus, the whole family is ready to roll to say the very least especially the young'ins, as we say in the South. Again, thanks all for the help and Merry Christmas.

We would be more than happy to include your children on our FE list!

I got extras just in case too, so we'll be sure to include your cabin. We're in #6134. I just hope the holiday FE I ordered gets here before we leave!

Ugly Betty's latest episode was in the Bahamas and I couldn't get over the fact that we'll be there very soon!

I have the same concern about my order as well. Got the notice that it was sent out but it has been 5 days since and still haven't received it.

I saw the same episode and thought the same thing!

Hi Jamesmrivers and welcome! :)

We will add you to our list also! As I have everything planned for it, I just have not gotten down to doing it! I always do everything last minute. I seem to do better that way. My last FE, I was finalizing stuff in my cabin! Now THAT is late. We are in room #2500, all the way forward!

Anyone have any ideas on table seating for dinner? Our last couple cruises we always sat with just one other family and either the child/children were very young or a lot older. I would love my son to hook up with someone his own age. He is 7. Last cruise he never wanted to stay in the kids club as everyone seemed so much younger than him. (he thinks he is older than 7!).The first cruise though, he never wanted to leave.

Jamesmriver,
We will add you also to the FE. We are in rooms 2137 and 2139. See you soon!

Jamesriver we will add you to our list we are in cabin 6032. I am excited one week from today we will be in WDW. :yay:

Is anyone going to be checking in on the early side? We usually are there about 10:30. If so, we can say "Hi"

Welcome to the newbies! Glad you are joining us!

I am hoping to be at the port around 10:30 as well. I like to check in early but since we're coming from Disney World this time I'm not exactly sure what will be happening. That day is my middle son's 8th birthday!

I have our cruise stuff packed and ready to go. It's a huge load off knowing that it's done. We leave for WDW after 3 more sleeps!

HI All!

We are anxiously awaiting the cruise (and our stay at Disney before) I can't believe we're leaving on Saturday!!

We were on the original FE list and hope it's not too late to get our room number out to everyone. It is 2030! (Yeah-Upgrade!!)

Can't wait for the fun to begin! I hope you all have a safe & happy trip to the port!!

:yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter