• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ymca

DawnM

DIS Veteran
Is anyone a member of the YMCA?

Right now they have no joining fee, but the nearest Y is 9 miles away. Is it worth it?

I struggle because they only watch 5 and under ages until 4pm and we are homeschooling so I would have to go at 5am before DH goes to work OR wait until 4pm.

Should I try it out?

Thoughts?

Dawn

Is anyone a member of the YMCA?

Right now they have no joining fee, but the nearest Y is 9 miles away. Is it worth it?

I struggle because they only watch 5 and under ages until 4pm and we are homeschooling so I would have to go at 5am before DH goes to work OR wait until 4pm.

Should I try it out?

Thoughts?

Haev you talked to someone in the child care program about your situation? I have a YMCA membership and was working out there as regularly as I could manage until the gym opened in the town where I live. The women in charge of the childcare program happily made an exception for DS(than)8 when I explained that we homeschool. Often, he and DD were the only ones there anyway.

I really liked working out at the YMCA. The atmosphere there was much more "overweight mom" friendly than the Powerhouse Gym where I work out now, but Powerhouse is a half mile from my home, and the closest YMCA is about 25 miles. Proximity won out over atmosphere. :rotfl: We still go once a week for their homeschooler's gym & swim program, which gives me 2 hours to work out or run errands sans kids.

Ok, I went today for a tour.

They will not let school age in until 2:30pm, no exceptions. That is still better than 4pm, but not really since my 3 year old is in the middle of nap time then.

I am trying to figure out if I am willing to work out from 6-7:30am and be home by DH needing to leave for work.

Dawn

PS: The closest Y is 8 miles away too, so that might influence my decision.

Studies have shown that people who work out in the morning stick w/ it better. Once you're up and have done the exercise you don't have to dread it all day.

I do home cyberschool and we're lucky because they have a homeschool Gym & Swim class for my big kids and my little one can go to the playroom while I get a workout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter