• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yippee for my DSD

BabyTigger99

<font color=CC00cc>The most beautiful words in the
My step-daughter just turned 10 years old in August. Over the last few years she has been gaining weight a little faster than she should. She had just turned 5 when my DH and I got together. She was about a 6x then. Trouble is, she is built like her mother. Her mom is probably 5'10" and has a large build (ie. big broad shoulders, big hips, the proverbial brick potty house!). Right now SD weighs about 105 and wears about a size 16 (in kids). We try to give her more healthy choices as far as food when she is at our house, and really try our best to get her outside and get her moving around. The problem is her mom is an RN, and is not around much for dinner time during the week (they live about an hour south of us, so we get SD every weekend), so she an her older brother are left to fend for dinner, and when her mom is home, it's a lot of fast food. She had been wanting to wear all the little tops and hip huggers kids wear now, but they were uncomfortable for her, and didn't look right. Her mom has been going to Curves for about 2 months now, and now SD has decided that she wanted to join her, so they started together last week, and are going to try and go three nights a week. I am really proud of her! She and I did some talking about eating right this weekend (showed her some of my WW stuff), eating in moderation, making good food choices, and not going cold turkey from the "good stuff". I am really glad she is starting to make a change in her life. She is such a good girl, and you know how kids can be at this age with their comments about other kids. Plus, we all know what kind of medical problems being overweight can cause. I will keep you posted on how she is doing!

Good for her!!! As hard as it is to be an overweight adult, it has to be many times worse to be an overweight child. Kids are cruel. I'm proud of your SD for being proactive. With as much support as you give her, I'm sure she will be very successful.

Please keep us posted. :)

I think that's great. Good for her. My son was on WW at that age and it really helped him. I think going to curves with her mother will give them some quality time together, too.

Now, cutie. How about you? How are <i>you</i> doing? Have you got a treatment plan in place? I've been worrying about you.

Katholyn

Things are going well with me. I will meet with the oncologist on the 16th of September, and he will do a work up on me and determine when the chemo and radiation will start. I have been in good spirits, but I am awfully bored sitting at home all day. I have been off work since August 29, and I can't even drive for at least another 6 weeks!! There is only so much TV I can watch, and I am even getting tired of being online!! I found some old cross stitches that I had started but never finished, and I am working on them, and I have a learn to knit kit that I bought, but I can't figure the dang thing out!!!

Would you like a project? I have a couple of projects for WISH, I've been thinking about doing. Want to help me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter