• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YIKES! South Beach and Triffle

tlgoblue

Thankful for Family
OMG! I have this great recipe for SF (Sort of) English triffle! Everyone wants me to make it but DH. (He says it will be just as good in 2 weeks! LOL! )
I am having such a hard time with this DIET! My Clothes are getting tighter by the day. No amount of veggies is helping. I need my oat bran!!!!! WAAAAAHHHHHHH!
I am trying to keep a sense of humor about this whole thing, but I just can't seem to get enough water to help move things along either. I am constantly running to the john! I really have been good and need to see some results, but this bloating is really getting me down. I am almost to the point of running to the market for some fiber additive. Any other South Beachers out ther with this problem? What did you do, if anything to fix it? Thanks for the help.

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

I've never had to use fiber, but it does seem to be very common for people on SBD to need some. I forget what Dr. A says about it (maybe someone will know) but if you need the fiber, take it! Geez, you are going to have some "whoosh!!!!" I hope you clear the house befoer you do :)

If I could, I'd be ROTFL! Right now all I am doing is choking on my cottage cheese and tomato and cucumber! My whole family is painfully aware of my problem and keep trying to convince me that once the whoosh comes, I'll (and consequently, they) will be fine! I also think that if I got to the Y and did some cardio work that would help too. But we are still struggling with school closings and delays and that really causes trouble here. I really don't like going out on the road with these people even when it rains! 60 miles south of Michigan, and thay act like Floridians! (No offense to Floridians, it's just like these people have never seen snow.) I guess maybe I could pull out an old aerobics tape, but I really don't enjoy being the souce of the family entertainment for the evening! :( Yes. They laugh at me! Anyway, maybe I should try the additive. Thanks Lisa.

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

I don't have my book in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that Dr. A. is okay with the use of Metamucil. In fact, I think he even said it was a good way to add fiber/fill you up before eating.

Yep! I just read the book last night and he mentioned Metamucil multiple times throughout. I think I'm going to pick some up on the way home tonight, if you know what I mean.:o

Day 3 of the South Beach Diet.

I know what you mean. I am going to try one more thing before I get the metamucil. I'm going to cut back on the cheese for a while. See, cheese and I have never really gotten along anyway, if you know what I mean. Well, here I go adding cheese and taking out my beloved fiber rich cereals, and what do I expect. So, I am going to have more hummus and veggie snacks and only use cheese sparingly. But I can't hold out much longer. I'll se what happens over the next day.

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter