• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yikes! Pilates!

dizneenut

PINK is my signature color
Did my Pilates for Dummies DVD for the first time today. :eek: WOW! I have a feeling I'll be very sore in the morning! :eek:

I love pilates. I do it in a class at a health & fitness center. I have been doing classes 2 or 3 times a week for 18 months. I have lost 32 lbs and went from size 14 jeans to 8....Keep at it.
Michele

I just started the Pilates last week and yes, you will probably be sore in the morning. The next time will be a little better. Once I did it the first time, it took me a few days to be able to try again because I was sore. Don't give up on it because of that, I am starting to really enjoy the exercises.

You may be sore at first but once you get into the swing, you will really feel the difference!
Good for you!
CC

Congratulations everyone on doing your exercising.

Best wishes and encouragement, Ray :)

I really want to get one of those Pilates DVD's anyone know which is the best? I dunno where I would fit it, but I have heard so many potive things about it.

Glo, I want to try it too. I was reading in one of my mom's woman's world weekly about how it will not only help you drop some pounds, it will 'stretch' you out. I have been sedentary for a while and feel like I am just a little ball of knots! I need something that will make me feel a little looser.

I have the Winsor Pilates set and it's great!

Hope you aren't feeling too sore today, dizneenut! :) I remember the first time I tried the intro/basic video. It was a good workout and didn't seem too hard, but the next day I felt it big time in my abs (but that was good because I knew it was working!) :)

I love my pilates exercises and I AM getting addicted to them! I tried the 50 minute tape for the first time a few weeks ago and thought I would add it into my routine once a week and stick with the 20 min. tape. Well, I have already done the 50 min tape twice in the last week and I am going to do it again either today or tomorrow. I love it!!!! I don't look like the people in the video (yet) and I can't do all the moves 100% of the way, but every day I get better and notice I can hold my form better. I love it!!!

Originally posted by jimmytammy
I just started the Pilates last week and yes, you will probably be sore in the morning. The next time will be a little better. Once I did it the first time, it took me a few days to be able to try again because I was sore. Don't give up on it because of that, I am starting to really enjoy the exercises.

Tammy, WOW! :) I am so happy to read this, especially the last part about staring to enjoy the exercises! That is awesome news! I'm telling you, my butt is really starting to shape up. It was just "there" before, but now it's lifting and looking better and feeling like I have MUSCLES there! ;) Keep up the great work!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter