Yikes! Nothing for Thanksgiving!

Jennyliztx

Earning My Ears
Yikes! I logged on at 6am at our 180 + day and couldn't get a Liberty Tree reservation for Thanksgiving (for 5). The last time we went at Thanksgiving (two years ago), I was able to get Liberty Tree for Thanksgiving and BOG for the Friday after and CRT for the Friday after and this year...nothing. I couldn't get any of it. I don't understand why that's happening, but I don't think we will go at Thanksgiving again, that's for sure.

Any (reasonable) chance of LT opening up more Thanksgiving reservations between now and then?

And if we are out of luck for having a Thanksgiving dinner, any suggestions for good alternatives that don't require reservations but still might be something "special" in a way?

We are going to AK in the morning that day and MK in the afternoon and evening, but could maybe switch to Epcot in the afternoon/evening if there are any non-reservation suggestions there that might be fun...

Any hope/help/suggestions are greatly appreciated! I'm at a total loss when you can't get reservations at your 180 + for the last two days of your trip. :worried:

Seems like a lot of people have been having trouble with ADRs this week. Maybe MDE is having issues or maybe all the reservations didn't open up. I would keep checking. Also set up a reservation finder with Touring Plans.

Last year I had the same issue. I set up an alert and was bombarded with them! They released a bunch (both lunch and dinner) all at once. I’ll try to go back and see if I have my email of when this happened.
This year we are checking in one day earlier and I was able to get a dinner but it was slim pickings and within an hour of booking they were gone.

Looks like it was November 3rd when they all opened up. Not sure if that will happen again this year, but keep checking. People change plans/cancel trips all the time.

I believe that as it gets closer, people will start shedding ADRs that they've made for when they change their mind.
Also, I think MDE has been a pita this past week, and also that they are not all loaded. Set up a touring plans alert. I believe you can set up 2 at a time.
Good luck!

Also, here is a link from last year that tells you which restaurants were serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
https://www.sandandorsnow.com/2017/10/where-to-find-thanksgiving-at-walt-disney-world-on-property/
Also Chef Arts Homecoming in Disney Springs has a great rep for all American food, so there's another, (probably excellent) choice.
There are restaurants in all the sister resorts near Disney Springs as well as great choices at the Sean and Dolphin.
I promise you will not ho without a great meal that day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter