• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YIKES! Noisy Construction at DLH pool??

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
Just saw an Instagram post ftom this morning with heavy construction right behind the pool at 8am!! Anyone know what this is and how long? Have reservation for sept for our trip after a very stressful few months and planned to include a pool cabana day!

Was just watching a livestream… there was a constant beeping from the construction vehicles. Yikes is right. I’ll be there next weekend, starting to regret my purchase, as it was entirely pool focused.

I'm assuming this is for the 4th tower for DVC? If so it will be ongoing for quite a while though I'm sure the amount of noise will vary depending on what they're doing each day.

Thanks - they said it wasn't too bad, another 2 vloggers were like 'oh hell no' - but at $$$ it costs to stay there - plus 299 for a cabana - I don't think I can justify it. I am literally listening to construction and beeping all day every day for the past 6 months and it is on-going for another 5 months. This really sucks -but looking at other options now :(

Thanks - they said it wasn't too bad, another 2 vloggers were like 'oh hell no' - but at $$$ it costs to stay there - plus 299 for a cabana - I don't think I can justify it. I am literally listening to construction and beeping all day every day for the past 6 months and it is on-going for another 5 months. This really sucks -but looking at other options now :(

Who are the other vloggers posting from the DL Hotel, I’d love to see and review in case I also want to switch to the Grand!

I have several I have and its on stories - calibae and just.ask.danny had some stuff today - i imagine they will all start vlogging it soon

If only they could just close the hotel for 15 months and work on things while it was closed…..what the hell is going on at Disneyland.

Covid broke them and everything seems so logistically half baked.

If only they could just close the hotel for 15 months and work on things while it was closed…..what the hell is going on at Disneyland.

Covid broke them and everything seems so logistically half baked.

But they were doing site prep the entire time, right? I think they got their permits spring 2020, I saw sewer and utility/ground prep permits issued and done during pandemic.

unfortunately, the above ground stuff coincided with reopening.

But they were doing site prep the entire time, right? I think they got their permits spring 2020, I saw sewer and utility/ground prep permits issued and done during pandemic.

As someone who has building going on during pandemic, Disney is moving faster than most. Permits and inspections are taking so much longer than normal.

Very true, and of course pandemic can change so many logistics and abilities of staff (Disney has never even been through one until now!). I'm confused why people act like it was simple to continue construction when literally everyone was told/ordered to stay home during peak, especially in CA.

Living nearby and driving on Walnut (north-south street behind DLH) they completed a lot of underground work over the past year. As you mentioned it's on to above ground now and will naturally cause more noise.

In no way am I excusing all of Disney's cost cutting, however I am a little tired of the "well you had a year!!" carefree attitude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter