Yikes..LOST!

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
I have no idea how many points i would need to rent from somebody if I wanted to stay at A DVC resort for 5 days/4 nights. I am assuming a studio would be best. Where/how do I start???

If you look at the top of this page, you will see a clickable link called "DVC point charts". That will tell you how many points are needed for which days.

You don't say when you are planning to travel, but be aware that if it is between now and April 1st, you will likely be out of luck. That is especially true if you are looking for a studio, since they are the first to go. DVC villas book up quite early, and studios will be the most difficult to procure at a late date.

Then go to the rent trade forum and read all the stickys there. That should get you started enough to come back here and ask some specific questions before you start posting what you want on the rent trade board.

You probably should start with the link at the top of the page that says DVC Point Charts. The charts will list the number of points you will need for specific dates and accomodations. You can check out the different resorts and types of accomodations here: http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortOverview?id=ProspectsResortsOverviewPage Once you have decided how many points you will need for your stay, you can multiple the number by $10-12 a point to determine the average cost to rent. Once you have all the information you are ready to visit the Rent and Trade Board. Be sure to read the all the information threads at the top of the board. The instructions on how to use the board are pretty specific and must be followed or your post will be removed. It wouldn't hurt to read up on the ins and outs about DVC. Be sure to start looking into renting as early as possible. DVC members have a home resort booking window of 11 months and a lot of us use it. So rooms can fill up fast. Visit and read some of the threads in the three DVC boards here on the DIS. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter