~Yikes!! I Got My College Orientation Info Today

WDW~Lover

DIS Veteran
and what the heck!!! I am scheduled to be there on TUESDAY May 20th!! In 6 days!! I had to RUN to the Doctors office to get all my Health shots and info from them, they need to do 4 pages of paperwork!

My orientation is 9 hours long! BUT what gets to me is they are telling me this what? 6 days out? OMG, just to try to get the doctor info is :scared1:

Why could they not give me my info back in April when I accepted?

nothing like a last minute deal.......thank God, my doctors office is awesome!

Oh, honey. :grouphug:

One of many, many hoops one must jump through in college to get that golden ticket in the end.

Good luck to you! Please enjoy college and try to not take it too, too seriously...well at least until Senior year.

That is nothing. This is only the beginning of the hoops you will jump through.

Be prepared to register for classes that day. If you don't have a work schedule, too bad.. they want to know that day, that minute because they need to get class rosters started.

Wow, thats harsh!

I knew the date i started uni a year before (when i applied), and got all the infor at least a month before!

Best of luck, and hope you love college!

just an fyi, I have been to school at three different places (one undergrad degree, one grad degree, and now a second undergrad degree!! :lmao: ) and they have *always* asked me to fill out a detailed health record and show proof of various vaccinations, and I have *always* "forgotten" to do so. Nobody ever said a word :)

Not that I would recommend such a strategy :rolleyes1 but you know, if you can't get it done in time, I wouldn't flip out!

Good luck with everything :)

WDW~Lover,

Good luck, I am also in the process of college orientation and that stuff. My advising day is the day after I graduate high school. If you don't mind me asking what school are you going to?

just an fyi, I have been to school at three different places (one undergrad degree, one grad degree, and now a second undergrad degree!! :lmao: ) and they have *always* asked me to fill out a detailed health record and show proof of various vaccinations, and I have *always* "forgotten" to do so. Nobody ever said a word :)

Not that I would recommend such a strategy :rolleyes1 but you know, if you can't get it done in time, I wouldn't flip out!

Good luck with everything :)

My school will ban you from registering if you don't have current health info.

WOW, our kids aren't even out of school yet. All of the colleges around here have orientation in the summer, mid-July usually. May is REALLY early. I wonder if it is a typo :lmao: .

My school will ban you from registering if you don't have current health info.

my college did too. You were red flagged which meant you were not able to register for classes. Things like health forms, parking tickets, other fines, etc. all did this to you. You would then have to go to records and registration in person to have it all sorted out.

WOW, our kids aren't even out of school yet. All of the colleges around here have orientation in the summer, mid-July usually. May is REALLY early. I wonder if it is a typo :lmao: .

I was a transfer student and my orientation was in mid June.

WDW~Lover,

Good luck, I am also in the process of college orientation and that stuff. My advising day is the day after I graduate high school. If you don't mind me asking what school are you going to?

well, I have to say I wish I was YOUR age!:rolleyes1 I am turning 47 tomorrow!

I graduated last year from North Shore Community College in Chemistry and now I am going to Salem State College for my BS in Biology.

I am all up to date with my shots etc, due to needing them for the other school. So that is not a problem. I was just taken back by how late they sent stuff out.(I am extremely OCD)

where are you going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter