Yikes! Going tomorrow!

Briar Wood

Earning My Ears
Yikes! I hadn't seen this forum before! We're going to tomorrow to stay at Fort Wilderness (cabin) for the first time! We've done the Hoop-Dee-Doo, Campfire Program, Petting Zoo and Hayride last time we were there (6/01), and now we're going to live there!

Through a different forum I received advice to request staying in 2500 loop, near the pool.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated--I'll check the board throughout the day today and tonight. Thanks!!!

BW

Oh, you'll have great fun! Make sure you take the time to enjoy FW--though it sounds as if you already know that! Are you renting a golf cart? They're not necessary, but fun!

Nope, we don't have drivers licenses, so we can't rent a cart.:(

Thanks, I need all the encouragement I can get. It's the first time I'm taking a boyfriend with my daughter and me, and I'm so stressed out trying to keep everyone happy!

What routes would you recommend as far as bus service?

From check-in to our cabin
From our cabin to MK
Cabin to Epcot
Cabin to MGM
Cabin to Pioneer Hall
Pioneer Hall to Campfire Program
Campfire Program to parking lot

BW

If you are getting dropped off at check-in by Mears or a towncar service, FW will take you and your luggage to a cabin in a van or golf cart. For all other destinations you will be using the internal buses. Go the the nearest busstop for your loop and check the transportation map and sign. You will catch a bus to the Settlement area for a boat to the MK or a bus to MGM--the Settlement area is where Pioneer Hall and the petting zoo are. A bus to the Outpost will connect you with buses to all other areas. Hop an internal bus to go to the Meadows area for the campfire or shopping.

Don't forget to see the boat parade and fireworks from the beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter