• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another Weight Watchers question

pjlla

DIS Veteran
Looking for points for a homemade reduced fat pumpkin muffin. It was a small muffin, barely came above the top of the paper muffin cup. It was made with applesauce instead of oil. No nuts, no raisins. I am estimating it at four points. Does that sound about right? (Based on the fact that a Dunkin Donuts reduced fat blueberry muffin is 8 points and this is at least half the size.).......................P

Do you have e-tools? When i was a WW I used to a lot to figure out what points were in home made stuff. If it was a boxed recipe that you altered to make low fat do the subtraction thing.

For example the box of muffins made "their" way is 10 points a muffin. Times 12 muffins 120 points a box. Well "their" way used oil worth 20 points, that you omitted, so yours are 100 points, but you added 6 points worth of applesauce to make up for the oil, so your are actually 106 points a box. And you made 24 muffins as opposed to 12, so each one of your muffins are 4.4 points.
It is actually really easy math, just hard to describe. But if you just want a simple answer, yes 4 sounds about right

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter