Yet another question about Disney Strollers

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
UGH!

I was just about to reserve the Sit N Stand stroller at A baby's best friend, when I spoke with my Cousin who goes to Disney about 6 times a year. She said why don't you rent them at the parks. She said it was easy and then you didn't have to deal with getting on and off the buses/monorail, etc.. It will cost of about the same for three days.

How comfortable are they (I need a double for a 3.5 and 5.5year olds)? Do you need to bring a blanket or towel or something??

How difficult will the lines be on an EE morning at Magic Kingdom? Can I rent before official opening of the park?

Can I use the train or Skycab thing without losing the stroller? Do I have to come all the way back to the train station to pick it up?

Any opinions on which is easier would be appreciated. The double stroller at Disney might be an advantage due to the kiddies fighting over which one will have to Stand/sit in the Sit n stand one

Thanks anyone!!!!!

When are you going? Where are you staying? For how long?

The double strollers are about $16 a day. If you can rent or buy one cheaper, I would. Can the sit- and stand be folded up easily and quickly? Is it real bulky?

the upside to renting is you don't have to bother lugging them around, but then you don't have a stroller all the way back to the room or at Downtown Disney.

The rentals are comfortable enough. On a cold night I would bring a small blanket and if you bring towel, it would come in handy after getting soaked on Kali!

Renting them in the morning at MK is easy. They had someone on the outside of the turnstile selling them. They would just give you a ticket and then you have to pick up the stroller. I would have the correct amount of cash ready. Also, line up at the turnstiles on the right (facing the park), which is closest to the strollers.

Can I use the train or Skycab thing without losing the stroller? Do I have to come all the way back to the train station to pick it up?
Only foldable strollers can be brought on the train, so you would have to leave the stroller and make a round trip if you don't have one that folds.
For the Skycab, if you mean the Skyway that used to go between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, it closed about 3 years ago.

My children (the older two) will also be 3.5 and 5.5 when we go this year....speaking from past experience, I would definitely rent the strollers in WDW! The trip before last, we felt like $15/day was a lot of $, but hauling and folding up a stroller on the trams and such was such a PAIN! Children of that age can at least walk out to the tram with you, or Dad can carry the little one on his shoulders if need be just out to the car. I found their doubles to be very maneuverable, seemed comfortable for the boys...and even not bad for me! I was pregnant last time and actually sat in it to rest a few times while the rest of the family rode rides. It is well worth the $15/day not to have to haul around a stroller, at least in my opinion. Our own personal stroller which we brought the time before last was a double jogger, which is easy to push on a bike trail (big wheels, and my kids are heavy) but so difficult to turn and maneuver in a park with lots of people...we kept having to "pop it up" to turn it, my boys probably felt like they were on a trampoline.

If you rent a stroller and get on the train at MK you can just take the piece of paper off the back of the stroller and stroller receipt to another stroller rental area wherever you happen to be and pick up another stroller. You do not have to go back and retrieve a rental from the train station. You can also go to another park on the same day and get another stroller at no additional charge. I think they sometimes run out of the doubles(which are large and comfortable) so if you are picking up another stroller at a different location, they might give you two singles if they are out of double strollers.
We rented a double stroller on every park day for our 4 and 6 year olds last vacation and did not regret it. We didnt have a stroller for the airport, getting to and from the parks each day, but our kids were old enough to do a little walking. Inside the parks the distances were so great, particularly in Epcot, we needed a stroller. It was a nice break for the kids when they were hot and tired. I was glad not to have to lug a stroller on the buses or deal with folding up a stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter