• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet Another Poly Question

jlillberto

Earning My Ears
Have changed our res for 31Jan to AP code and am saving a ton of money but will need to upgrade my Hopper Pass upon arrival. Where would the closest place to the Poly to do this? Will I have to have the AP in hand to check-in? Will it be a huge hassle? We leave our house at 5am and won't arrive WDW till about 3:30pm and TIRED!

Also just read a horrid review about the Poly concierge rooms/building and am now worried. We are used to 4 or 5* accomodations and if the Poly isn't up to par perhaps we should change to GF or CS? We really want to be in one of the three. We are taking our two granddaughters and it will be the first time at WDW for all of us.

And, hopefully last question, does anyone have an email for Poly Cons?

Thank you so much.

Judy

Here is the email address. wdw.polynesian.island.planning.office@disney.com

I try to stay out of the negative posts about the Polynesian because I have not seen much to make a negative comment about after all the times I have been there. I have been in some of the best hotels in the world and while the Polynesian is not as glamorous as most of them or have themeing like the GF I still think it is one of the best resorts anywhere.

I do not see how it is dark and I have never smelled anything while I was there that was offensive. I realize negative posts seem to have more affect around here than positive ones but I get much feedback from people after they have gone to the Polynesian and 1 out of every 30 may be bad. The rest usually thank me for suggesting they go to the Polynesian.

If you are looking for a place like the GF or YC than the Polynesian is not the place for you. It is more of a laid back tropical feel. As far as friendly and inviting I can not speak to what others have seen but I have never been anywhere that has been more friendly.

Even if you decide not to go to the Polynesian I don’t think the minority of bad reports should scare you away from any resort because you will find negative remarks towards every resort in WDW.

Good luck with your decision.

Aloha

Steve

Amen, Tikiman. Everyone has a different opinion, it does seem to be the negative ones that are remembered. I, for one, love the Polynesian: the CMs, the grounds, the location and convenience, and even that "smell."

Jillberto, I can't answer your question about the AP, but I would like to know too. We won't be arriving until close to midnight, so I'm sure my options are quite limited, but I would like to know. :D
By the way, where in Indiana are you from?

Hi Steve and Kaye,

Thanks for your reponses about the Poly. My husband & I talked about it before I saw your replies and the one negative review I saw has been the only one. So we are staying at the Poly. I don't think the GF sounds nearly as child-friendly and we really want to be on the monorail due to our short time there. You guys are the best!!!!!! And thanks again!

Judy:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We're neighbors! I'm in South Bend. From what I've found out we can upgrade the Hopper Passes either at MK or the transportation center. I am going to email the cons. desk tomorrow and see if we can check in and get settled while husband upgrades his pass. Don't know what you can do getting there that late if you need the AP for discount except calling, faxing or emailing.

Judy

You can upgrade your hopper at Guest Relations at MK (or any other park for that matter) and, I believe, at the TTC or DD. I've not done this, personally, but when I had a voucher to turn in, I went to a guest relations at MGM--the first stop for us after arrival.

I didn't need my actual AP at check-in. In fact, they didn't ask for the voucher either. It would seem obvious that I had one because I had booked UPH for all others in our party.

Upgrading your hopper shouldn't be a hassle and I don't think you will have a problem upon arrival either. Sending an e-mail to Island Planning is a good move--they will give you the proper information and you can go from there. BTW, I've also seen it written that you can upgrade at the Disney Store at the airport. . .someone else might have better information about that. If so, that would be an easy solution--you upgrade while family gathers luggage. :D

Have a great trip and make up your own mind about the Polynesian. We love it and are looking forward eagerly to our return in June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter