Yet ...another Parking Question..

bridgettesmom

<font color=green>Got a tag because she eats all h
I need your help..we are leaving in a couple of weeks,well,15 days to be exact, but, who's counting??(LOL)

Here is my question we have never been to the boarwalk and we would like to visit this time.If we spend the day at Epcot when they close at 9p can we leave our car parked in the Epcot parking lot and walk to the boardwalk ..at what time do they close the parking lot(epcot)??
We will be staying onsite,but, we just rather take our car.

If we decide to take the bus,how will we get from AKL to boardwalk and back??
:confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

I know you are the experts. I will be anxiously awaiting your feedback!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by bridgettesmom
I need your help..we are leaving in a couple of weeks,well,15 days to be exact, but, who's counting??(LOL)

Here is my question we have never been to the boarwalk and we would like to visit this time.If we spend the day at Epcot when they close at 9p can we leave our car parked in the Epcot parking lot and walk to the boardwalk ..at what time do they close the parking lot(epcot)??
We will be staying onsite,but, we just rather take our car.

If we decide to take the bus,how will we get from AKL to boardwalk and back??
:confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

I know you are the experts. I will be anxiously awaiting your feedback!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

If you park in the EPCOT lot and go to the Boardwalk when EPCOT closes, you will have to take a cab from the Boardwalk to get to your car. You will not be able to walk through the closed park to get to the EPCOT parking lot.

My advice is to drive over to the Boardwalk and valet park there. It will cost you $6 plus tip to do that. You can enter Epcot through the International Gateway. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the BWV/BWI Hotel entrance. After Epcot closes, you can return to the Boardwalk, enjoy the rest of your evening and then return to the AKL.

If you drive to the Boardwalk and do not valet park, you will be directed to park in a lot across the street from the Boardwalk. This area is quite a distance from the IG entrance and there are no trams. I'd estimate it's about a mile. The security personnel at the BWV/BWI entrance strongly discourage guests from parking at the Boardwalk to go to EPCOT. It is especially hard to park there in the mornings when nothing except the restaurants are open. If you plan to self park at the Boardwalk, plan on using the lot across the street.

If you want to use Disney transportation that day, take the bus to EPCOT. After EPCOT closes, walk over to the Boardwalk. When you are ready to return, take the bus to DD/PI and then transfer to the AKL bus. An alternative would be to take a cab back. A cab from the Boardwalk to AKL will cost somewhere around $15, including tip, but it is much faster and much more convenient.

If it were my decision, I'd valet park at the Boardwalk in the morning.

Enjoy your trip!

I haven't been to WDW since March 2001, but we visited the Boardwalk to catch our Illuminations Cruise then and we didn't do the valet thing and we weren't across a street, unless you count the road that approaches the front enterance as a 'street'. Maybe it's just a matter of perception, but the stroll from where I parked to the Boardwalk itself was not much and not worth the $6 plus tip.

Bill From PA

Originally posted by Bill From PA
I haven't been to WDW since March 2001, but we visited the Boardwalk to catch our Illuminations Cruise then and we didn't do the valet thing and we weren't across a street, unless you count the road that approaches the front enterance as a 'street'. Maybe it's just a matter of perception, but the stroll from where I parked to the Boardwalk itself was not much and not worth the $6 plus tip.

Bill From PA

You were able to find a spot in the lot nearest to the BWV/BWI hotels. It is the same lot that guest of the BWV & BWI hotels must use. It is possible to park in that lot, especially if you arrive during the late afternoon/early evening hours when more of the Boardwalk activities are going on, or if you tell the guard that you have a PS at one of the restaurants. However, if you arrive during the morning (especially during a busy season), the entrance "guards" will direct you to the lot across the street if you do not have a hotel parking pass or a PS at one of the restaurants. (They were checking lists when we were last there).

To get to the lot across the street, you would have to go back out of the resort grounds and drive across EPCOT Resorts Blvd (I think that is the name of the street. It's the one you were on when you turned into the resort). The stroll from that lot definitely takes quite a bit longer than the walk from the lot you parked in.

My personal opinion is that it is inconsiderate to park in the closer lot if you are going to EPCOT and not staying at the BWI or BWV Hotel. The lot is supposed to be for BWI/BWV Hotel guests and those who want to visit the Boardwalk (like you for the Illuminations Cruise). The closer lot is not large enough to handle EPCOT park guests, too. Obviously that is JMHO. Others may disagree.

We arrived after dark on Mon., March 5, 2001. There was a guard in the booth operating the gate to the lot. We told him what we were there for (the Illuminations Cruise)and how long we planned on staying. He waved us through. If it's good enough for the guard, it's good enough for me.

Bill From PA

Originally posted by Bill From PA
We arrived after dark on Mon., March 5, 2001. There was a guard in the booth operating the gate to the lot. We told him what we were there for (the Illuminations Cruise)and how long we planned on staying. He waved us through. If it's good enough for the guard, it's good enough for me.

Bill From PA

I have no problem whatsoever with what you did - if that is how you interpreted my last post, please reread it, especially the last paragraph!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter