Yet another new dining plan...

Maybe it's because I'm more money minded,,but it just seems like a lot of $ for a sandwich meal, also seems like a little more hassle to get the and eat. :confused3just my opinion.
Altho, I reck'n it would be another different experience to try. (one that I wouldn't try tho)

Actually, it looks pretty good, and time saving in line too.

How frustrating is it to wait in a counterservice line while folks try to figure out what they want!!

This is easy, order as you arrive at the park, then lunchtime go to the pickup window, grab it, pay, and go.

Looks like a cool idea. We'll be non-Fort-ing it this fall and will be doing the new counter service dining plan, so we may give it a try!

I wonder how long the line to pick up your order will be. :rolleyes1

You know, when you consider the portions Disney usually gives, it probably isn't a bad deal.

I wonder how long the line to pick up your order will be. :rolleyes1

Did I read it correctly that you have to pick up your order with-in two hours of ordering it ?

Can you phonel your order in, or do you have to place order in person ?

I would hope not, BUT, I got a feel'n that you will wait just as long to pick up your order as you would going thru counter service line.:confused3

I think this looks like a good deal. By doing a quick look at the menus with prices as of 3/09 on allears, to get 3 sandwiches at the Tamu Tamu (although they come with apple slices or chips)= 22.50
a side of coleslaw = 2.39
apple or orange at Harambe fruit market .99
cookie at Yak & Yeti takeout 2.99
3 bottles of water 7.50 :scared1:
Doing it this way comes out to at least $35.39 by getting 3 fruits instead of cookies.
That is more than the cost of the picnic for 4 which includes one more of everything. I figured the cost for 3 because when we're there in 2 weeks :yay: we'll have 3 adults in our group.

Looks like we might be trying this out!:thumbsup2

Oh and Frank, you have to wait at least 2 hrs before you can pick it up.

I think this looks like a good deal. By doing a quick look at the menus with prices as of 3/09 on allears, to get 3 sandwiches at the Tamu Tamu (although they come with apple slices or chips)= 22.50
a side of coleslaw = 2.39
apple or orange at Harambe fruit market .99
cookie at Yak & Yeti takeout 2.99
3 bottles of water 7.50 :scared1:
Doing it this way comes out to at least $35.39 by getting 3 fruits instead of cookies.
That is more than the cost of the picnic for 4 which includes one more of everything. I figured the cost for 3 because when we're there in 2 weeks :yay: we'll have 3 adults in our group.

Looks like we might be trying this out!:thumbsup2

Please be sure to let us know all about this when you return. I am very curious about it,
how the ordering system will work,,,the pick-up time and arrangements,,ETC.

If I have to stand in line and wait at least 2 hours for something, there better be some singing dolls at the end.

No, Jim, you order it in the morning when you come in the park, then at your leisure (at least two hours later), you go to the pickup window and pick it up. In the meantime, enjoy the park. Like a FastPass for food.

I would be willing to give this a try.

If for no other reason than to have the opportunity to not be waiting for a cashier to explain to the customer in front of me why the item on his tray is not on her Disney Dining plan, and waiting for the inevitable long discussion that follows. Unfortunately, this happened multiple times on my last visit. It is so annoying.

But, what I am trying to visualize is where, exactly, the "many picnic spots throughout the Park" are? I don't recall seeing picnic tables anywhere in AK.:confused3

TCD

If I have to stand in line and wait at least 2 hours for something, there better be some singing dolls at the end.

If they don't have singing dolls at the end..maybe this will make you happy Jim...

322520944_487ca30b56.jpg

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. I forget how much we spent at the Yak & Yehti place but it was a lot and we had to wait forever in line then it took forever to find a seat and it wasn't really all that great. Plus you get a cute bag. I love sandwhiches for lunch.

I think we might try it out next time we go.

Hey, I just read over it again. Where are the meals for two???:confused3

Are zebra steaks an option? I almost ate a VC elephant once.

Did you say DVC elephant? Is that an overweight Disney time share owner?

So let me see if I have this right - I order my lunch, but not for 2, it has to be three or more, and then I go and stand in line for over two hours, listen to somebody complain because something isn't on the dining plan, then I can get on a boat and eat my lunch while some satanic dolls sing the same song over and over. Got it.

:lmao: I don't think you have to stand in line for two hours. If so forget about it. That ain't happening. Only thing I have ever stood in line for hours for is to meet Dale Earnhardt. That was a long 7 hours but so worth it. Although my husband said we would never stand in line that long again for anything. :lmao:

So let me see if I have this right - I order my lunch, but not for 2, it has to be three or more, and then I go and stand in line for over two hours, listen to somebody complain because something isn't on the dining plan, then I can get on a boat and eat my lunch while some satanic dolls sing the same song over and over. Got it.

Yup! I think you about summed it up! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter