Yet another new camper!

Belle Amy

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
Although my husband and I have been visiting Disney for years, we have never stayed at Fort Wilderness. Now we're planning our first trip and I've found this board to have a plethora of information regarding camping at the Fort, but I've been unable to find information about the most important part of our trip.

Is there a bar on site at Fort Wilderness? :goodvibes

While I'd prefer to bring our own "adult beverages", we'd like to have the option to enjoy a bar. If there is a bar, does anyone have pictures?

Also, aside from the general hints and tips for camping, does anyone have any must do/must see tips for Fort Wilderness? We're going to start with tent camping and it's just the two of us. We live about 45 minutes away from Orlando, so we will be driving.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to building a deeper Disney obsession that includes tents and campfires.

Here you go....

Yes, Crockett's Tavern sells a full line of frosty beverages for you to consume!

You go from loop to loop and find the lime green mickeys in the windows, pasted to trees, on peoples' behinds, etc... That way, you know they lurk here on the board. Many of us will be there this weekend and for the 4th of July. Most of us post when we are going to be around so we can meet and greet at the fort. If you are at the Fort during a major holiday (Christmas, Halloween, 4th of July, etc), many of the campsites are decorated and make for wonderful picture taking. Just stop the golf cart first...:lmao:

Yes there is a bar sorry no pics. The campfire and movie is a must do. Plus rent a golf cart for at least one day so you can check out the whole campground. Don't forget your bikes. Have a great time.:thumbsup2

:welcome: to the camping board. Everyone here is very nice and extremely helpful. Actually I'm surprised that we don't have a picture of Crockets Tavern?:confused3 We've got members here that have pictures of the bathrooms(don't be afraid..wierd, I know..but you'd be surprised how many people ask about the comfort stations! :laughing: )
I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes along with a picture of Crocket's for you soon enough. ;)

Here's a picture of the sign for cart parking for Crocketts Tavern -- I thought I had a picture of Crocketts but no luck.

It's a nice place to hang out, but I'd rather drink in the parks or around the monorail. Good old LOTW (Lushes of the World).

Oh, welcome to the camping board.

DSC01394-2.jpg

And just outside

DSC01383-1.jpg

Something isn't working right. I've found pics on another webite but I'm unable to lost the pics or a link to the site. I don't really know why, I guess that's a question for the moderator or admin.

Welcome to the board! A must do is get a drink from Crocketts and then go sit at the beach and watch the fireworks. It is one of my favorite things to do at the fort. Its a perfect way to end a day.

Crockett's Tavern is not your typical "bar", i.e., not overly crowded, noisy and, IIRC, no TVs. If that is the type of establishment you're looking for you will have to look offsite. I got the pics working.

74afd0e00.jpg

7495d01b0.jpg

74966bd00.jpg

7497d0e00.jpg

749868d00.jpg

7499d0e00.jpg

749ad01d0.jpg

749bd0f90.jpg

749cd0e00.jpg

Welcome to the camping board!!!!!! It is a fun and sometimes rambunctious place to hang out! It's a little taste of the Fort when you can't be there!

Must dos are relaxing! Take the time to enjoy the beautiful campground either by bike or golf cart! Definitely enjoy the fireworks from the beach and the campfire/movie/sing along. Also, enjoy your neighbors! They are the same good folks who hang out here! :goodvibes

Welcome to the board! A must do is get a drink from Crocketts and then go sit at the beach and watch the fireworks. It is one of my favorite things to do at the fort. Its a perfect way to end a day.

This sounds like heaven! Right up my alley.

DznyRulz -- thanks for the pictures! Looks like my kinda place.

This trip will be all about relaxation and I doubt we'll even visit a park while we're there, we just want to take in the atmosphere.

We've also done the monorail crawl and love the cosmic lounge at contemporary and tambu lounge at polynesian.

Can't wait!!! We're so excited!

Thanks to everyone else for the hints and tips, keep um comin!

Crockett's Tavern is not your typical "bar", i.e., not overly crowded, noisy and, IIRC, no TVs. If that is the type of establishment you're looking for you will have to look offsite. I got the pics working.

7497d0e00.jpg

Whats that in the top left corner...:happytv:

Whats that in the top left corner...:happytv:

You call that a TV?!? Hah! THIS is a TV! 150 diagonal inches of pure plasma pleasure.

world-largest-tv.jpg

Actually I guess this proves what DW is always telling me, I don't remember correctly.

Welcome to the camping board!! :)

We went to the Fort for a week once w/o going to the Parks. It's a lot of fun to spend the time doing everything the Fort has to offer!

Like Nicole, we really enjoyed getting a drink at Crocketts and then watching the fireworks on the beach! Perhaps enjoy a beverage on the porch while you people watch...then take the second to the beach for fireworks! :thumbsup2 "Looping" in a golf cart is a lot of fun and a great way to meet other campers and see their set ups. Exploring the stables to see the Main Street horses is cool. Ike is my favorite...he was awesome to watch at MNSSHP (Headless Horsemans horse). FW is awesome around the holidays...lots of lights and decorations in the campground! :goodvibes

If you are looking to explore a bit beyond the camground, it's always fun to take a bike ride on the trail to WL for lunch. Or take a boat ride to CR and the monorail to the other resorts.

Oh, just a note, Crockett's closes fairly early (for a bar that is), like 10pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter