Yet another hotel ? Anaheim Camelot Inn/ Tropicana Inn

yawns

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at either the Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites and/or Tropicana Inn & Suites recently? I'd appreciate any feedback.
We have a quote from a travel agent for a package for both of these motels. We have stayed at BWPPI & the Fairfield Inn in the past, but neither of these motels.
I've checked out both of their websites & I know their location (actually I believe they are between the BWPPI & Fairfield Inn).
Just looking for some real world feedback.
TIA

We have stayed at the Tropicana a number of times this year. I think they are clean and serve our purpose. :) We are staying at Camelot for the first time this June.

I've always had good experiences with Tropicana. I would consider it very comparable to BWPPI & Fairfield. I've always been able to get a much better rate at Tropicana booking everything separately than booking a package though, so look at the details carefully.

We have stayed at both the Tropicana and Fairfield many times. Our last stay was in December at the Tropicana. I prefer the Fairfield for the availability of washing machines on each floor, it’s nice to be able to just pop along the corridor and do the washing but the Tropicana is closer to the entrance to the parks and sometimes coming back from the parks this really matters. The rooms at Fairfield have been updated more recently than Tropicana but that being said the rooms at Tropicana are fine. The best rate I usually find for the Tropicana is through their website.

I just stayed at The Camelot Inn 3/16 to 3/20. It was very clean. Water pressure was good. I'd stay here again.

I just stayed at The Camelot Inn 3/16 to 3/20. It was very clean. Water pressure was good. I'd stay here again.

I enjoyed our Camelot stay.

We are booked in a 2-room suite this September. I keep cringing at the price, but the kids are excited to each have their own bed, and hubby is looking forward to a king. (He's tall, so his feet hang off the edge in anything smaller!) I'd love to hear if anyone has stayed in these rooms. It doesn't seem to be as popular of a hotel. We drive, so we'll be bringing breakfast stuff with us. It looks like there is a table and chairs in the room with the King bed for eating.

We are booked in a 2-room suite this September. I keep cringing at the price, but the kids are excited to each have their own bed, and hubby is looking forward to a king. (He's tall, so his feet hang off the edge in anything smaller!) I'd love to hear if anyone has stayed in these rooms. It doesn't seem to be as popular of a hotel. We drive, so we'll be bringing breakfast stuff with us. It looks like there is a table and chairs in the room with the King bed for eating.

Just in case you didn't know, the PortoFino Inn and suites has a 2 bedroom suite with a king/bunk bed configuration. At least for our August dates, that room would $101/night vs $220+ for the 2 bedroom at Camelot. Location is farther away though. PortoFino was tempting but so was close location, so we ultimately landed on the Del Sol single room with two queens and bunk beds.

Just in case you didn't know, the PortoFino Inn and suites has a 2 bedroom suite with a king/bunk bed configuration. At least for our August dates, that room would $101/night vs $220+ for the 2 bedroom at Camelot. Location is farther away though. PortoFino was tempting but so was close location, so we ultimately landed on the Del Sol single room with two queens and bunk beds.

Thanks! Went ahead and made a reservation for DelSol as well. It would save us about $150. The trip is for DD's Sweet 16, so I'll let her make the ultimate decision. I'm very tempted by the Portofino, it would save us almost $400, but we stayed at the Anahiem Islander last time and the walk was just too far for us. Ahhh...the decisions between practicality and making it extra special for her birthday....

Has anyone stayed at either the Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites and/or Tropicana Inn & Suites recently? I'd appreciate any feedback.
We have a quote from a travel agent for a package for both of these motels. We have stayed at BWPPI & the Fairfield Inn in the past, but neither of these motels.
I've checked out both of their websites & I know their location (actually I believe they are between the BWPPI & Fairfield Inn).
Just looking for some real world feedback.
TIA
I've stayed at the Tropicana many times and will again.
They did a complete remodel of all the rooms about a year ago.

I always book online or by phoning the hotel. I also find the rates far better than with a package.
Cancellation or date changes are easier if not in a package.

Geemo

Thanks! Went ahead and made a reservation for DelSol as well. It would save us about $150. The trip is for DD's Sweet 16, so I'll let her make the ultimate decision. I'm very tempted by the Portofino, it would save us almost $400, but we stayed at the Anahiem Islander last time and the walk was just too far for us. Ahhh...the decisions between practicality and making it extra special for her birthday....
For $150 I’d stay at Camelot. You can see fireworks by the pool.

For $150 I’d stay at Camelot. You can see fireworks by the pool.

We have to wait to drive down from the SF Bay Area mid-afternoon to minimize the amount of school missed, so I doubt we'll make it in time for fireworks. The other 3 nights we'll be in the parts during the nighttime shows. :-) DD is insisting she won't even come back for an afternoon swim! (We'll see if she changes her tune ones she's tired...). Is the Fireworks the main reason to keep Camelot? It looks like a nicer room.....Hubby wants Portofino for the price, but I don't want the walk....
Decisions, Decisions......

We have to wait to drive down from the SF Bay Area mid-afternoon to minimize the amount of school missed, so I doubt we'll make it in time for fireworks. The other 3 nights we'll be in the parts during the nighttime shows. :-) DD is insisting she won't even come back for an afternoon swim! (We'll see if she changes her tune ones she's tired...). Is the Fireworks the main reason to keep Camelot? It looks like a nicer room.....Hubby wants Portofino for the price, but I don't want the walk....
Decisions, Decisions......
I’ve stayed at Camelot. It’s just a motel but id stay there again.

Have stayed at both and like them both. Tropicana had a nice coffee shop in the mornings

We stayed at Camelot a couple of years ago. I saw the staff shampooing the carpet one day as we walked by a room which was nice to see. Our room had a king and 2 queens so there was lots of room. 2 mini fridges. You can see the fireworks from the hotel. The pool didn't look the greatest but we never used it so we didn't care.

Best part is the proximity to Disney. It was about 7 minutes from our room to the Disney gates at a leisurely pace. McD's right next door which was really handy for a morning coffee/breakfast or late night after-the-parks snack. Used the laundry facility once.

It is one of the closest to the parks and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter