• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another highs & lows - 6th - 9th June

FHT

Mouseketeer
Highs

Dreams - What can you say that hasn't been said before, the show is absolutely stunning & watching online doesn't do it any justice. Saw this twice (would've been three times but we dead on our feet one night lol), the first time there was no fire eruptions but the second time there was. Is it different midweek to weekends as the first time we watched it was Wednesday & the second was on Friday.

Princess Pavillion - Totally worth the waiting time as my DD met her favourite princess Rapunzel. The interaction was outstanding & really made her holiday complete.

CMs - Everyone we spoke to was fantastic & friendly

Cowboy Cookout Tea Party - Excellent! Has overtaken Cafe Mickey as the best place to meet characters in my opinion. We was there on Friday (8th) and all the characters were on top form & very funny interacting with all the people in the restaurant. Woody was following people around copying all their actions when carrying food & drinks, Goofy had the children up doing line dancing. Absolutely fantastic.

Eurotunnel
- This was our first time driving & found the experience very easy apart from the sat nav having a bit of a funny turn around Charles De Gaulle airport as it told me to 'Keep left & turn right' which was a bit confursing but got there in the end :lmao:

Lows

Random Characters - During our trip we saw no random characters walking round the parks or in their cars (Mickey in Disneyland Park & Donald in Studios). I remeber a few years back that you could bump into Chip & Dale, Tweedle Dum & Tweedle Dee, Jafar, Genie, Baloo etc etc just wandering around the parks but now apart from the official meet & greets we saw nobody else. Even the official meet & greets some of them didn't have a 'proper' photographer there.

Cafe Mickey - What a shame this place has become so poor. Our children really used to enjoy the buffet dessert there helping themselves but that has gone now. Also back in the old days the staff would all get involved singing & dancing to Aretha Franklin, but that also doesn't happen any more. We place our order & everything came out together apart from my wifes whose was forgotten, after asking a waitress another meal was eventually brought out but no mention of a sorry. Finally what has happened to all the characters, during our meal the characters came out twice & in total there was only 4 different ones (Mickey, Goofy, Eeyore & Tigger). We saw a number of birthday cakes come out along with the music etc but on each occassion only one character came to the table. It's a shame as when we had been previously there was so many more characters & variety and all of them were round the birthday tables at once. It just wasn't the same anymore & I doubt we would go back there again.

Seems that my lows are quite large but all in all we had a great time & not even the 'changeable' weather could put a dampner on the trip :cool1:

Welcome back :wave2: Can't wait to see Dreams now, everyone seems to agree it is very, very good :thumbsup2
We have never really liked Cafe Mickey, but I know many people liked it for the characters it's kinda sorry this doesn't still seem to be the case.

Kaye

Welcome back.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the tea party. Hoping to book this for out trip this week. Doing it for my birthday but not ordering a cake as on a tight budget, have decided to enjoy the cakes at it instead.

Have you any photos from this tea?

Definately worth going there on your birthday, even if you don't have a cake wear a birthday badge (don't forget to visit City Hall for your Disney birthday badge ;) ) as the characters are amazing and are all over you. I had a massive 40th badge on at the time & when the characters saw it they were brilliant.

In regards to photos we didn't take any of the food as we didn't eat much due to the characters playing so much we forgot to eat lol :rotfl2:

Welcome back :wave2: glad you had a great time and your DD managed to meet Rapunzel. :goodvibes

Welcome back, sounds like a great trip :thumbsup2

Cowboy Cookout is certainly getting great reviews recently. On my list for next time :goodvibes

Highs

Dreams - What can you say that hasn't been said before, the show is absolutely stunning & watching online doesn't do it any justice. Saw this twice (would've been three times but we dead on our feet one night lol), the first time there was no fire eruptions but the second time there was. Is it different midweek to weekends as the first time we watched it was Wednesday & the second was on Friday.

We watched it on Thursday and there were fire eruptions that night, so it's not just a weekday/weekend thing.

Princess Pavillion - Totally worth the waiting time as my DD met her favourite princess Rapunzel. The interaction was outstanding & really made her holiday complete.

CMs - Everyone we spoke to was fantastic & friendly

Cowboy Cookout Tea Party - Excellent! Has overtaken Cafe Mickey as the best place to meet characters in my opinion. We was there on Friday (8th) and all the characters were on top form & very funny interacting with all the people in the restaurant. Woody was following people around copying all their actions when carrying food & drinks, Goofy had the children up doing line dancing. Absolutely fantastic.

Eurotunnel
- This was our first time driving & found the experience very easy apart from the sat nav having a bit of a funny turn around Charles De Gaulle airport as it told me to 'Keep left & turn right' which was a bit confursing but got there in the end :lmao:
That's odd, because our Sat Nav went a bit strange near to CDG on our way back and we ended up going along a lot of normal roads & round roundabouts rather than motorway for a while! :scared1:
Lows

Random Characters - During our trip we saw no random characters walking round the parks or in their cars (Mickey in Disneyland Park & Donald in Studios). I remeber a few years back that you could bump into Chip & Dale, Tweedle Dum & Tweedle Dee, Jafar, Genie, Baloo etc etc just wandering around the parks but now apart from the official meet & greets we saw nobody else. Even the official meet & greets some of them didn't have a 'proper' photographer there.
Nope, we didn't see any random characters either apart from Goofy being mobbed in the Studios park on Friday lunchtime. We didn't see Donald or Daisy at all!

Cafe Mickey - What a shame this place has become so poor. Our children really used to enjoy the buffet dessert there helping themselves but that has gone now. Also back in the old days the staff would all get involved singing & dancing to Aretha Franklin, but that also doesn't happen any more. We place our order & everything came out together apart from my wifes whose was forgotten, after asking a waitress another meal was eventually brought out but no mention of a sorry. Finally what has happened to all the characters, during our meal the characters came out twice & in total there was only 4 different ones (Mickey, Goofy, Eeyore & Tigger). We saw a number of birthday cakes come out along with the music etc but on each occassion only one character came to the table. It's a shame as when we had been previously there was so many more characters & variety and all of them were round the birthday tables at once. It just wasn't the same anymore & I doubt we would go back there again.
We were there on Wednesday night and after queueing outside for 30 minutes in the rain (even though we had a pre-booked reservation) we only had 5 characters going round - Mickey, Pluto, Tigger, Eyeore and Scrooge McDuck

Seems that my lows are quite large but all in all we had a great time & not even the 'changeable' weather could put a dampner on the trip :cool1:
Same here - we had a few niggles but overall had a great time :cool1:

Luv Suzy

Welcome back. Dreams is the same everyday so the lack of fire might have been a fault that day. Glad you found the drive easy, I find driving the best option as you have more selection of travel times & not restricted with luggage etc:thumbsup2

Welcome back! Hope you had a fabulous time!
Would you mind telling my (if you remember) what time of the day and what day you met Rapunzel? :rolleyes1
I'm dying to meet her and I'm sort off hoping their "schedule" goes by week or something, so I figured if I know at what time she was there previous days/weeks, we might have more chance of meeting her when going for that time to.

Such a shame about Café Mickey. :sad2: We always loved it yet haven't been since November so I'm quite curious as to what we'll think of it now, I've booked lunch there the 26th of July.

Rapunzel & Cinderella were there when it started at 1pm & then they changed every 30 minutes to Tiana & Sleeping Beauty. We got in at about 3pm ish & she'd just come back.

Have to say that she was absolutely fabulous & her interaction with both my DD & DS was fantastic. My DS (aged 7) had grumped at first about not wanting to see a princess but because of my DD he had no choice lol. But when she started to talk to him he just melted & started to beam, she made him pose like a prince while she knelt by him & held his arm.

Welcome back, glad you had a good trip overall and the highs outweighed the lows.

Even more bizarrely re the sat nav, ours did exactly the same as Suzy's last month, but not last week! What is going on?! :lmao:

Glad you had a great time, there seem to be a lot of people not enjoying cafe mickey so much at the moment. We love the freedom of driving and I don't think we would travel any other way. :goodvibes

Welcome back - glad you had a great trip! :goodvibes

Glad your DD got to meet Rapunzel & that she managed to make your DS feel special too!! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter