• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another half board question

amandajim36

Mouseketeer
we are planning on one day doing the birthday tea party as its my friends 3th when we are there. so im thinking i dunno if we would be wanting a big meal that evening and with 3 small kids with us they wont want to wait and eat later. So im wondering would it be possible to say use half board voucher for a carry out from Annettes diner. We could get kids in bed then send dh to get a carry out.

Not sure if you could do that or not. We are also doing the tea party but intend having an early lunch at Annettes that day with the voucher and have booked the late tea party

daft question no doubt..but do you have to tell them when you book if you are choosing lunch or tea??? Or can you decide for yourself once you get there?

No such thing as a daft question on here:dance3:

No you get a voucher per day and can use it at any point in the day

You can even use 2 vouchers in one day if you so wish.....you'd have to be pretty hungry though!

Not sure if you could do that or not. We are also doing the tea party but intend having an early lunch at Annettes that day with the voucher and have booked the late tea party

i suppose thats always an option too its 3pm and 4:30 for tea party isnt it

Thanks for the info...has anyone gone 'standard' and thought it was ok...is it too limited?????

I've been wondering about using half board vouchers for annettes too. Surely the 25Euro price would do 2 meals, but would they let two people eat off one voucher?

the standard ones in £s...are £13 for adults and £6 for kids...I think!!:confused3 Not sure what that is in euros. Thats for 6 places to eat..3 of them being hotels.

Sorry just realised my comment has nothing to do with the question!!hahaha!!

Thanks for the info...has anyone gone 'standard' and thought it was ok...is it too limited?????

I don't think you would be too limited as you can use it to it's face value off of the bill at all the Disney restaurants. So although it's only meant for 6 restaurants, you don't actually have to use them in any of those 6. I think that's the way it works anyway?

It's only £4 extra for plus, and you can use it at any of the buffet restaurants (lucky nugget is 30 Euro's without drink and you get on with hb plus voucher) I really do think it's worth the upgrade as they cost £17 each (21 euro) and are worth 25 euro in the park at face value, but obviously can be worth a lot more with the right food choices. Shame you can't use them at annets though.

Eill be trading in there though I recon.

I don't think you would be too limited as you can use it to it's face value off of the bill at all the Disney restaurants. So although it's only meant for 6 restaurants, you don't actually have to use them in any of those 6. I think that's the way it works anyway?

So can you use them anywhere????

And also it says you can use it at santa fe and cheyenne...SF is buffet eh? Not sure about Cheyenne...so can you use it and not pay more for the buffet...or do you pay the outstanding? I think it would be all included but just want to check for sure.

Think i'll stick to nicking the breakfast!!:rotfl: I'm kidding by the way!!:laughing:

Crikey just found a wee hyper smiley!!:hyper: :hyper: I lovin that!!:lmao:

And also it says you can use it at santa fe and cheyenne...SF is buffet eh? Not sure about Cheyenne...so can you use it and not pay more for the buffet...or do you pay the outstanding? I think it would be all included but just want to check for sure.

Think i'll stick to nicking the breakfast!!:rotfl: I'm kidding by the way!!:laughing:

Crikey just found a wee hyper smiley!!:hyper: :hyper: I lovin that!!:lmao:

I'm no expert, so if I say anything here that's incorrect I apologise, but from what I understand, the hb vouchers can be used as full payment for a meal in the restaurants it lists. However if you want to eat somewhere that isn't, you can pay partly with the voucher. Eg if you want to have a meal at Walts with a standard voucher, you can use your voucher and they will take 19 Euro's (I think it's 19) off the bill.

This only works on Disney hotels though, not Rainforest Cafe and the other few that aren't Disney.

Think i'll stick to nicking the breakfast!!

I've nicked breakfast in the past..lol. A little cheese and ham roll is a great stomach settler after a few non stop goes on space mountain!! Plus i get too excited for EMH to eat enough breakfast, then regret not taking advantage!

If it says it's valid in a buffet place then it includes a buffet and one soft drink. They really are great value in buffet restaurants. :-)

Think i'll stick to nicking the breakfast!!QUOTE]

I've nicked breakfast in the past..lol. A little cheese and ham roll is a great stomach settler after a few non stop goes on space mountain!! Plus i get too excited for EMH to eat enough breakfast, then regret not taking advantage!

If it says it's valid in a buffet place then it includes a buffet and one soft drink. They really are great value in buffet restaurants. :-)

I've heard of loads of people making up rolls at the breakfast table to take into the parks with them. I think they must expect it.

I've heard of loads of people making up rolls at the breakfast table to take into the parks with them. I think they must expect it.

Yeah, definitely, and when I'm paying over £200 a night for a 3* hotel room, I don't get too upset over taking a roll that must cost them less than 1cent.

I wouldn't pack up a lunch or anything, that's a bit wierd, but like I say, I can only eat little bits at a time, and it really helps my post ride nausea to have a bit of bread. I've done too much too soon in EMH before and taken myself out for an hour. :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter