• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Yet Another Full Moon... ;)

boBQuincy

<font color=green>I am not carrying three pods<br>
Taken last night with Rebel Xsi, 70-200 f/4 w 1.4X.

moon_11nov08_3593.jpg

Very nice Bob. I have the 70-200 f2.8. How do you like the 1.4x teleconverter? I was thinking about getting the 2x.

With the little winky guy following the words "full moon" I wasn't sure what to expect here :lmao:

Beautiful shot.

Very nice Bob. I have the 70-200 f2.8. How do you like the 1.4x teleconverter? I was thinking about getting the 2x.

The 1.4x is nice, very little change in image quality that I can tell.

Very nice, but I am calling you one something... it was not full until tonight! That means you must go out and take more tonight.

Here is a little nerd trivia for all of you. What moon phase shows the most detail?

Very nice, but I am calling you one something... it was not full until tonight! That means you must go out and take more tonight.

Here is a little nerd trivia for all of you. What moon phase shows the most detail?

A quarter moon or less....and NO, I did not google that ;)

It depends on where you are when you take the picture. A full moon has very flat lighting when shot from earth.

It depends on where you are when you take the picture. A full moon has very flat lighting when shot from earth.

Only you Mark. I don't know what we would do without you. Next time you are going to leave the planet, let me know so I can hitch a ride. :thumbsup2 I always had suspicions that you were an alien.

Ok, Bob you have thrown down the gauntlet. As soon as the moon comes back out, it is supposed to rain here for the next day or so, I will take the Nikon 70-200 with a 1.4 and see what I get! Maybe we should put the cameras side by side and have a shoot off!!!!

you lose another stop of light with the 2x as you probably know and they usually don't get as good reviews as the 1.4x just in case you weren't wondering..i have the tamron 1.4 and really don't see any change in iq with a good lens.
nice pic bob, we've had clouds( like usual) but wished i was set up last week with the mostly full moon, halo and it peeking out of the otherwise total cloud cover..oh well, missed another photo op:rolleyes1

You are of course correct! I had read that the best days to photograph a "full" moon are the 2-3 days before it is actually full. Also, clear days are better and it was expected to rain Wednesday. ;)

Btw, for nerdiness sake I have a program (Ephemeris) on my PDA that shows where the moon will be at any given time. Along with my GPS and digital level I can pretty much pinpoint a photo location ahead of time. :)

Ok, Bob you have thrown down the gauntlet. As soon as the moon comes back out, it is supposed to rain here for the next day or so, I will take the Nikon 70-200 with a 1.4 and see what I get! Maybe we should put the cameras side by side and have a shoot off!!!!

Yep, I think you are hosed for this month. It is supposed to rain for the next few days and by then the moon will be coming up much too late for us old folks to stay up. ;)

There are actually some great photo locations for a full moon at Jordan Lake (near Raleigh NC), one at Vista Point boat launching ramp and another near a bridge on Farrington Rd.

Btw, for nerdiness sake I have a program (Ephemeris) on my PDA that shows where the moon will be at any given time. Along with my GPS and digital level I can pretty much pinpoint a photo location ahead of time. :)

I have one for my Palm called just Moon Phase.

Very nice Bob- it inspired me to go out tonight and snap a few for myself. I sold my D300 and am shipping it out tomorrow- so I figured I would give the moon a shot while I still have a dx camera for a little more reach.

I had to wait for the clowds to clear first...

416568275_po6Xu-O.jpg

416568277_VpNX5-O.jpg

Wow!
Either you have a longer lens than I do or you cropped more. Either way, I like it!

Nice shots, Jeff and Bob. I added to my moon collection tonight as well.....

416621229_NXckU-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter