• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yesterday I lost my Krispie Kreme...

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
virginity. :eek: :( Done. Had my first one. Then second. THEN... went back for more! :eek: Someone should lure the Bloat Fairy into my local Krispie Kreme shop then NAIL ALL THE DOORS SHUT!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

So, needless to say, Memorial Day Weekend saw the sugar beast WIN! ugh... Oh well... Back to the grind today...

Sugar is my only weakness now. How, oh HOW, can I beat this demon?

I guess having Marry Me's for dinner isn't the way... :(

Congrats to everyone who made it through the weekend! And only a few more days to NEMO! :bounce: :bounce:

Karen

Worshiping at St Krispy of the Kreme on a holiday weekend is just something that happens! Just try not to become a daily convert.

I saw Nemo last week. It was pretty good, I (and this is my opinion only) liked the animation in Monsters much better. But the kids in the theater were laughing very loudly at a lot of it, I think it will be a hit. Enjoy it, and don't be tempted by the popcorn, candy, soda, etc.

I have never had a Krispy Kreme before...are they really that good?? I know I can never allow myself to try one!! LOL

Beanie...

Are they really that good? Well... the blueberry ones are amazingly awesome, melt in your mouth good. The original glazed are just "ok" but the apple filled, cinnamon dusted ones are quite good too!

Stay away... trust me. However, I knew my boundaries... so what I did was eat SOOOO many yesterday (2, then 2 more at night) that I got sick (not literally, just felt yucky)... so they don't appeal to me anymore. At least not today... lol

Stay away!! Trust me... ;)

Karen

The Travel Channel had something on TV last week about the Krispy Kreme stores. There isn't anyplace near us that sells them. I guess that's a good thing!:teeth:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

I dont blame you! I had never had one before and I was determined to try them on our last WDW trip. We went to Donalds Breakfastasaurus, I ate what I wanted, and saved a KK donut for last. Lets say I made a few trips up to the donut counter for more. They went down too easy, even being stuffed.
Well, good luck getting back on the wagon today.

I can eat a dozen without even blinking...they are the necter of the Gods in doughnut land....

I ate some on mother's day....they felt great going in but I felt like crap the next day...I've stopped eating them for a while anyway...:D :D :D :D

I haven't had one since I started Atkins- but I wish I'd NEVER tasted one. My first was on our Dec/Jan WDW trip and then they started popping up all over the place here shortly afterwards (and the ones already here were so far away -that's why I never tried them before).

I miss them sometimes- I don't give in.... but I wish I'd never had one so that I wouldn't have to fight this temptation when I think about it. They are just TOO good.... way way way too good. LOL

Whew, Karen, you were lucky to escape!!! There's nothing worse than having a KK jones on your back! :D They really are that good, Beanie!

Don't sweat it too much, Karen. We've all been there, if not with KK, then with something else!

I must be the ONLY person on earth who doesnt like KK doughnuts. They are way too wicked sweet for me and they make me nauseated when I eat them. Im a sweet eater too. There is just something about them that does not agree with me at all. THIS is probably a GOOD thing ROFL.

So, what advice do you give to someone that has never had one, but has a new KK store opening right down the road in about 6 weeks?!?!? I LOVE GLAZED DONUTS!!! oh dear....... now what do I do?

I was so excited when we finally got a Krispie Kreme in our area (well an hour from here but we go there once a month or so) but for me they just don't live up to the hype. They are just too sweet or something, I don't care for them.

And now to top it off, the KK have invaded my town. They now have them at two of the three groceries, including the one I used to buy our donuts, as well as the gas stations.

I guess I can look at it as a blessing in disguise, because now I can't buy my favorite donuts because they only sell KK now.

As much as I love Krispy Kremes and other stuff like that, if I really put my mind into it, no matter how bad I want it , I won't have it, you can have 25 people infront of me having one, I won't touch it.
I guess it comes from when I had cravings for glazed donuts when I was pregnant the first time, those 18 lbs I gained in two months are still lingering in my belly!

Here's a funny Krispee Kreme story for you!

I brought one to school, ripped off a tiny piece and put the donut down. THe kids were going on a class trip so I had a lot of running around to do and forgot to eat the rest of it.

On the way home from the trip I was soo hungry and remembered that I had the donut sitting on my desk waiting for me to finish it.

When I walked into the classroom to finally get to it...IT WAS GONE!!!! I asked the para who worked with me (and didn't go on the trip) if she had seen it. She said that was yours? Oh I ate it. Can you believe that!? I was so angry!!! She ate MY donut...which by the way I'll remind you looked like it had a piece bitten off!!!

I never let her live it down. When she stopped working here they had a party for her and I vrought in a dozen for her. I was so tempted to take a bite out of every one!!!

If you haven't had one fresh off the line, you really haven't had the true Krispy Kreme experience. They sell them all over the place around here, but there's nothing like getting them when that "HOT" sign is on. Living so close to the store where they're made, I can't bring myself to buy the ones they sell in supermarkets....which is probably a good thing for my waistline!

KK's are just plain EVIL I tell you. If you have never had one, don't start because there is a good chance you will not be able to stop. I speak from experience, and I have had a fresh, hot, off the line KK. Suzy, I did not even bat an eye when I read that someone stole and ate your half-eaten KK. If I was there, I can assure you I would have beaten the one who got it to it!! NEVER leave a KK unattended! LOL!

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter